Lose This Week, and Pats Game Means Nothing?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i dont want to think about this..

2. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

It'll make me sick if they lose, but this has been one of the happiest weeks of my life, soooooo.....IDK.

3. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

i agree wholeheartedly...super bowl or bust

4. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

I disagree with the op, the Jets ripped their greatest rival's heart out in what was possibly the most hyped up playoff game ever. That game is going to stay on my dvr long into the offseason.

5. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Settle down TBJ...

Now you're spinning what I said.. I KNOW all of us that Bleed Green are dying for a Super Bowl and that's what EVERYONE cares about...

YOU want to debate the importance of a Divisonal win Vs the Pats.

..... and THAT, I'm telling you is nothing more than a personal Jets fan accomplishment. Yeah, this week is GREAT, I ran around my house and SCREAMED FOR HOURS SUNDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!! (Wife and kid were out)

Without a SuperBowl, it's greatly diminished. Greatly.

I have Pats fans friends and to tell you the truth they really haven't congratulated me yet -We all know it's Super Bowl or bust... Without the Super Bowl, next year is just another tough division matchup Vs 1 team with Rings and another with none in 40 years.

I haven't even talked to my Pats fan friends.... WE know it's ALL about the Super bowl..

I'm a Yankees fan and I treated the Sox the same way.. TALK TO ME WHEN YOU HAVE A RING.

PERIOD.

#85 Jet Blue, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I don't really think that the win over the Pats means, "nothing," I just think our season as a whole isn't a complete "success." I mean in my mind, i'm already proud of our guys, and the team and stuff, but IF we come out flat, it will feel like our season was a fail..

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Let me flip this one over.

If the Jets lost 35-17, would it still be meaningless?

Or would it mean we were still Belichick's pets from NY? Would it mean the second season of Ryan overall was a failure? Would it mean this team was not a viable SB contender, even for next year? It would mean we still can't beat the Pats in their house.

Don't tell me it was meaningless. It wasn't. It was a breakthrough game, a mile marker and will always mean something, some important things, no matter what happens.

It marked the Jets as legitimate contenders to win the Super Bowl. It proved that Ryan is truely a versatile, successful playoff HC, if there were any doubters, and there were. It proved Ryan can outcoach Belichick.

Will it mean more if we go all the way? Of course. Much more. But it isn't meaningless no matter what happens.

8. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I never said meaningless..... I said diminished in the eyes of Pats fans, Giants fans and the rest of the NFL..

To me? IT WAS THE BEST FUCKIN GAME I SAW IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!

I don't believe in breakthrough games... It's 1 game, 1 season at a time All with the Goal of THE SUPER BOWL.....

I would have had the same faith for next season in Rex and the players regardless of last weekend and how Francessa and the media would have spun a loss......

9. ThunderbirdJet

This started really, as a rant on fat boy and Kay. They kept harping on how meaningless that win will be if we don't go all the way.

My point was, no matter what happens, it will never be meaningless.

10. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

I've thought more about this thread over the past week.

It's partially true the game would be meaningless in terms of this season and throughout "NFL History" because usually only the Super Bowl Champions are remembered.

However. That may have been the game that truly signified the death of the Patriots Dynasty. It might show who is truly boss in the AFC East now.

The Patriots have lost 3 straight playoff games. The mystique has suffered a lot of damage. Teams aren't as afraid of the Patriots anymore. A lot of their blowout wins come from the fact Billy B. isn't afraid to go for it on 4th down. He scores more points and other teams tend to make stupid mistakes trying to score faster than they have to. Hence the blowouts.

When teams punch them in the mouth, aka the Giants in the Super Bowl, the Ravens last year in the playoffs, and of course the Jets this year...they fold.

So to me it's not just this next game, this AFC Championship that's important for the Jets, but also their next matchups with the Patriots. I think you guys are set up well to fight them for the next few years and beyond.

11. ThunderbirdJet

Exactly. In terms of this year, it becomes meaningless. In the longer term, it will still be relevant. And the sheer joy we Jets fans got out of it isn't meaningless. It's a game to be treasured.

12. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Meh.

Talk of the death of the Pats is SILLY.

If you know their roster, acknowledege that BB is one of the best HC's in the league and Brady is one of the best QB's plus all the draft picks.

All these hypothetical scenarios is exactly what would make me laugh as a Yankee fan, if the Sox lost the WS that year and came to me for any respect.....

As a Pats fan, I wouldn't fear the Jets in the least. I would know my team still rocked and the Jets would be nothing more than the little train that almost could.......

And your last statement was the most telling.... Yeah, the Jets are set up to fight them for the next few years and beyond.... In my world that was happening regardless of last week - Rex was 2-2 going into that game.

13. ThunderbirdJet

The mystique of the Pats IS dead. JB, yer really missing the point.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Superbowl or bust. Fuck this "at least we beat the Pats this year". Thats bullshit. Ring or bust

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^

2nd straight year in the AFC Championship game. We need to win.

You never know when you get back to this spot.

Let's say, worst case scenario, we suffer a big injury or two next year. As a result, we go out early in the playoffs, or *gasp* miss the playoffs entirely. It happens.

Will anyone here say, "Hey, at least we knocked the Pats out last year." The win was GREAT, don't get me wrong. However, we need to win while we have the chance. This is our time!!

16. ThunderbirdJet

Again, who the fuck said "at least we beat the Pats"?

noone

I agree it's bullshit, now go find someone who said it.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

FUCK ME. The most intelligent post on TGG from a Steeler fan? How the hell did that happen???????????? :shit:

18. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

SERIOUSLY????? "The death of the Patriots??????" "maybe".... "There's a new boss in town"

Oh Lord!!!!!!!!!

Mystique??????

Really??

The most correct thing he said was that the victory would be partially meaningless in NFL history...

EXACTLY what I've been saying....

It would be the BEST FUCKING GAME EVER for us Jets fans.. But, for teams with the ring it would be nothing more than anice little game kiddo and a pat on the head.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Pats game means shit. We're losing and it sucks. They better win this fucking game.

20. Sanchize>Brady

Of course, I can give 2 shits about that win. Do you think that was the goal? Most likely not. it was to win a damn SB.