Look out Eric/Brad Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Brad Smith's low salary keeps him valuable to the team. Not sure what Eric is making, but he is awful in coverage and should never see the field.

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Well then I completely agree with you, because I clamored for Clowney to get a chance last year (after his injury). And Stuckey should see more time too. I know there are only so many spots so it's tough to choose who should stay.

I just think Smith is more valuable to the overall team than some practice squad guy (in the event of injury). He played QB so you know he's smart; he's a vet at this point so he knows the game and carries leadership qualities; and he has athleticism, along with ST value.

The real monkey in the wrench is that Wallace Wright is our best STer. If he played another position, then you can keep Smith as the last WR and not have this log jam at the position because you can move Clowney and Stuckey ahead of him to get playing time.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yes, I think - for once - the board is in unanimous agreement that Eric Smith should be cut.