LOL

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

So true. And I thought that was the biggest takeaway also. Until he kept dishing out more gems.

Another favorite (again paraphrasing):

Question: "Four years ago you said, 'If EJ Manuel isn't the next quarterback for this franchise, you would be out of a job.' Why are you still here and why should anyone trust you to make the next decision on quarterback?"

phubbadaman and alleycat9 like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that terrible back and forth aside, I don't believe Whaley is so much the issue as the Pegula's being completely in over their heads as owners. Pegula has been great for the city of Buffalo economically but in terms of leading sports franchises in competition, he sucks.

Pegula gets star struck by his sports heroes, is indecisive, and pisses the bed way too much. I have no doubt Rex asked about his future because Pegula changes his mind like he changes socks. Pegula makes the quick decision to fire him and Whaley is left outside the loop. How can he answer tough questions like that!

Pegula:
    --He's owned the Sabres for 6 years and they are onto their 4th head coach and their 3rd head of hockey operations. Likely about to make changes to both after this season.
    --With the Bills he's owned them for 2 and a half years and he's already shopping for his 3rd coach.

Look for Buffalo to do a Terry Pegula-like thing. They will bring in a big name or a fan favorite in the city in a leadership role only for it to be dysfunctional and Pegula change his mind in a couple years. They'll bring in the Shanahans, or Coughlin, or Marv Levy, or Jim Kelly or something.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I wouldn't mind landing Malik Hooker.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

4. Sundayjack

And in other fun Bills news, Profootballtalk reporting that Buffalo's 25-year fascination with Frank Reich continues, as the Bills look to interview the most magical backup in NFL history (or sumthin) for head coach.

If you're Frank Reich - beloved in Buffalo still, for some reason - why on earth would you take that job??

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Greatest QB comeback in a game ,,,twas amazing

I think the Bills were down by 50 pts and they won with him haha

its nice to be beloved (by someone lol)

6. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I remember that playoff game...I think they were down 35-3 to the Oilers? One of the greatest games I ever watched

alleycat9 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

Greatest game? more like one of the greatest choke jobs ever from Houston. 35-3 lead and they only run 4 running plays the entire second half. While aspects of the offense have lived on and been developed in the spread offense, that game essentially killed the run and shoot offense in the NFL.

8. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Buffalo calls it "The Comeback", Houston calls it "The Choke"...either way you want to view it, it was one of the greatest games I've ever watched.....it didn't hurt that it was a playoff game, so it was the only game on, so no chance to switch over to another game...
    It was totally riveting as it unfolded...and all the talk of Frank and Boomer being together at Maryland..

alleycat9 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

It was entertaining that's for sure

10. Sundayjack

Funny how those same two teams gave us the Music City Miracle.

Yeah, yeah - Oilers-Titans. Still...