Lions Trade Stafford To Rams

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 23, 2021.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I'm getting scared by what I read in the Houston Twitter feeds and Chronicl message boards.

I don't even want Watson, but if we did make a trade these guys are talking about both #1s this year.....a #1 and #2 next year.....and Quineen Williams. Maybe more picks.

That #2 overall is worth 2 1/2 #1 draft picks on the value chart. I'm not trading that and more #1's and a #2 AND QB for anybody not named Manning, Brady, or Mahomes.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm not trading that package for anybody named Manning, Brady or Mahomes.

Not with this roster.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

At least the Rams won't have to come up with millions of cap $ to pay their first round draft picks for a few years

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It was a good bit higher than a 1st round pick - good deal for the Lions (if they can make the picks work)

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

don't worry - we will be picking top 5 again next year regardless of how seattle do (unless we do our own big splash move at QB)

abyzmul likes this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They've hit on enough day 2 and 3 picks to mitigate the sting of giving up so many 1st rounders.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. The Rams only had to give so much up because the Lions were taking Goff and his huge cap hit off of the Rams' cap. It should actually have the opposite effect for us. Our trading for Watson would give them cap space going forward, although initially it would cost them, and it would give them something they desperately need draft picks this year to begin their rebuild.

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Also a good CS that can teach/develop players and put them in a position to succeed.

Brook! likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree regarding Stafford. He is a GREAT QB, he has been hampered by playing for a lousy team, with a lousy OL, few weapons around him since Megatron retired, lousy CSs and a dysfunctional organization. He also will be a great fit for Shanahan's offense.

Brook! likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We have to disagree. Hes a great garbage time qb. Hes above average at best.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am guessing the Rams looked at the Bucs this year and thought "I would like a bit of that" and went after their own proven veteran

Losmeister likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's tied for 8th all time in game winning drives and 7th all time in fourth quarter comebacks. His career has been somewhat underwhelming given all of his talent, but he's also played with one thousand yard rusher in his career and a band if misfits protecting him. He was also having a great season last year before (as usual) he got banged around because he wasn't protected well enough.

He's not great or top tier, but he's above average. He's much more than a garbage time quarterback. What a silly comment.

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He's a garbage time qb. Hes had no playoff success. No his teams are never stacked but he has had some good ones also.

Never elevated the talent around him and Megatron made him loom much better than he really was.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

all of that can be true but I still think he will look good in McVay's offense with that talented Rams team.

Should flip the Rams and the Saints next year at the very least, the Rams a top seed in the NFC with some home field, anything can happen in the playoffs.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Well see how good he looks, im not saying hes awful, but i dont think it changes the rams that drastically. They were still good with goff, its more about contracts i think.

Im certainly not mad at the lions. They made out like bandits. The Rams.....they will crash and burn one of these days and its gonna be a drought like never before seen.

I think its funny for all the hate and "dysfunction" comments the jets get, why do franchises like the Rams, Eagles, and Texans get a pass and they do some of the same if not worse shit?

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Rams have had 4 straight winning seasons and made it to a Super Bowl in 2018.
    The Eagles have made the playoffs in 3 out of the last 4 years and won a Super Bowl in 2017.
    The Texans have made the playoffs a few times in the 2010's.
    The Jets haven't made it to the playoffs since 2010 and have had a losing season in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. We now have the NFL's longest playoff drought.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That doesnt mean they arent dysfunctional. Winning doesnt negate that at all. Cool the eagle did win the super bowl......theyve basically were garbage before and after that. The moves they made to their roster was head scratching and Wentz is a primadonna holding the frnachise hostage, so much so guys are leaving and refusing to play with him. Also a head coach whos play calling makes Gase look smart

The Rams are still in cap hell with aging players who want to get paid. Theyve traded all their picks away and it hasnt paid dividends for them. The year they went to the SB, they had no business being their an awful call got them that.

WTF has Houston ever done? Make the playoffs and lose

Cool we have the longest actice streak but these franchises are run just as shitty. The difference is they got lucky in some areas and that propelled them, but their shit decision making is whats costing them sustained success.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No, but when you consistently make the playoffs and even work your way into a Super Bowl in the last five years you usually get more of the benefit of the doubt than teams that go a decade without playing in a playoff game.

The Eagles and Texans got absolutely railroaded with criticism over the past six months for their dysfunction.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  19. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

While I understand being aggressive, it has really cost the Rams an extended window.

Goff or one of Ryan Kelly/Taylor Decker and DeShaun Watson?
    Cooks or have ammunition to move up for Frank Ragnow or Jaire Alexander? Stay put and take Wynn?
    Ramsey or Jefferson and this years 1.25?

Obviously, they probably aren't going to hit on all of those picks, but their scouting department has been top notch during the last few years. And they bailed on Goff right as he's hitting his prime years, 27-30. Many a pocket QB has gone from volatile to consistent during those years. Look no farther than the QB they just acquired.

How much of an offensive guru are you if you can't get more out of a QB with potential? Seems more like the rocket scientist that just got shitcanned in Detroit than Shanahan, if you ask me.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

By who? Nobody has railroaded them like the jets get railroaded. The eagles have one of the worst GMs in history and everyone gives them a pass for decades of awful drafting and signings

OBrien has long since been a mess and yet they are just now saying something? What about the awful GMing he did prior to that? I have no idea how he found as much talent as he did.

The Rams......lmao we (a winless team) literally beat them. The Browns had a pretty good excuse atleast....they didnt have ANY of their starting WRs.

Cmon now, im not saying this team doesnt deserve criticism. We give it every single day, but some of the other franchises are worse or just as bad, difference is were lucky enough to accumulate talent, despite their own ignorance.