Liked what I saw from some of our young guys on defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Quinton Coples was very noticeable. Had the 1 sack but he was consistently getting close to the QB.
    Antonio Allen looked pretty good at safety. He has some speed and he always seemed to be around the ball.
    Also Kyle Wilson was pretty good in coverage I thought and tackled well. Kenrick Ellis had a much better game then the last one. Showed he can be a good backup NT. Made it difficult to run through the middle.

As for our older guys Cromartie and Bart Scott had good games. Laron Landry had the interception which was nice and landed a big hit on Cruz.

I think we have a chance to be a top 3 Defense again. Our season basically relies on our offense finding a way to put up points which isn't really news to anyone.

2. yahoo

yahoo Banned

Kyle Wilson is still running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I love what Rex is doing with our D but if the O is horrid and we go 5-11 and have a top 5 pick I pray we keep Rex I mean Cincinnati kept Marvin Lewis throughout all the down times and now they are on the come up

Gotta stay focus and patient regardless in the NFL if you suck on O someone's got to go

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I thought Bart looked great. Wilson showed some flashes, and Davis had some nice special teams plays. Overall the defense played great.

Unfortunately they may need to play 85 Bears great to keep us over .500

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea our special teams needs to play smarter too. No more penalties and that take out by McKnight where he made it like 10 yards was just an awful decision.

6. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Quinton and Kenrick stood out to me big time last night.

Kenrick was constantly getting double teamed and on one on ones the Giants lineman couldn't handle him, I think he can be a problem for opposing offenses this year.

As for Quinton, he's looked excellent against the run, improved against the pass, and he's getting off his blocks consistently. I'm liking what I've seen out of him already.

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Our 3-4 base for the next few seasons is looking great coming together

Wilkerson-Ellis-Coples
    OLB Draft Pick-Harris-Davis-OLB Free Agent vet
    Revis-Landry-Bell/Draft Pick-Cromartie

With Wilson, Maybin, Sapp, Lankster, Dixon, Mauga and DeVito as role players now our offense on the other hand

#7 Jeti, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012