Liestrong

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Aug 23, 2012.

1. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Wheh. Gore beat Bush after all. Bush presidency never happened. Babe Ruth is the home run king. Some French guy won a bunch of bicycle races 10 years ago. Joe Paterno never existed.

Everything in the world has been set right now. :beer: :lol:

2. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

In my book, you get to do whatever you want if you're a cancer survivor. He's still doing the races. It's not like Walter White.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

That is the worst thing about all of this - he has been such an inspiration to people, especially cancer sufferers - TBH if it was down to me even if I did think he was a drugs cheat I would just say fuck it and let it lie as what is the benefit of dragging this out to anyone?

In my (ill-informed) opinion, people race cleaner now because the tests would catch them now, not because they are somehow more honourable or noble than athletes in the past.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I believe Armstrong like every other cyclist of his era doped but I also believe these proceedings against him are a joke.

This is a witch hunt and lacks fairness and due process. He was given a list of vague charges, with no specific dates going back 15 years, no names of witnesses, no discovery whatsoever, no specific allegations all just broad charges. He is given a option to show up and be ready to defend himself in a venue that an accused never wins in. If this was a claim or charge in any court of law it would be thrown out as to vague and completely lacking in fairness and due process.

There really is no way he could defend himself. Why spend the time and money to give them the appearance of winning fairly.

Going back 15 years is simply a witch hunt and a vendetta. If they take away Lance's titles what about every other cyclist the last 100 years? What about Merkyx, Anquetil, Hinault and every other TDF winner? I am sure Landis will testify against them if he is paid as well. Lance may have cheated and he certainly is not a likeable guy but he won the race and beat the doping people. At some point they need to say he won and move on.

The UCI still may appeal the case to CAS. No cyclist has ever won an appeal with CAS. But Lance might be the first. They should at least reduce the discipline to the 8 year statue of limitations as the USADA had no supporting case law to go beyond the 8 years other than "they want to." Doing so would strip Lance of his 2004-2005 TDF titles.

#24 Noam, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He may have doped, but he used his name for a good cause and he has one testicle, even if he cheated his way...The man will have a strong following. No need to cry for him.

6. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

I can't think of a bigger cunt in the history of sports then Lance Armstrong. This ass-hole stood in front of us for years accepting awards (based off of steroid enhanced performances) in the name of cancer patients.

He's still out in front of crowds complaining about having a "tough week" and idiots are still cheering him!!!

Go away Lance and don't ever come back... you're an embarrassment.

7. MURDR

MURDR Banned

LOL at people having some unjustified stigma or "taboo" against steroids. If used properly, they aren't even bad.

8. FirstTimeCaller

It's not about the steroids as much as it's about the dishonesty. If he actually believed steroids weren't bad he wouldn't have lied about his own actions. LOL at that MURDR.

9. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Lance has been Lanced by UCi, stripped of 7TDf and any other results from aug 98 . will he accept or go to court and risk perjury ?

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

No reason to fight any more - he already refused to contest the USADA decision, and has resigned from Livestrong. At this point he has to know that it's over, and his reputation (and his life as he knew it) is completely destroyed.

The irony is that hubris has done what cancer couldn't.

11. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Screw this jackass.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Especially when you only have 1 ball to be shrunken

13. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Jerry Sandusky says hi.

14. FirstTimeCaller

Fair point. And I certainly don't mean to downplay the sickness of Sandusky and child rape, that act is as bad as it gets. But something about Armstrong and the unique nature of his case really stands out to me and burns me.

Maybe because I supported him whereas I never heard of Sandusky until the charges were laid out against him for rape. Maybe because cancer has touched my family and Lance was held up in our society as somebody who overcame cancer to reach the highest highs in professional sports, an all time great. Maybe because he wrapped himself in that flag of our nation and was paraded as a hero. Maybe I just bought the Armstrong legend and that's why it feels worse.... whatever it is, he's a cunt.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Eh I think you're taking it too far. To me a lot of this is bs moral outrage.

The guy still beat cancer. He still beat everybody in the field (including all those other people doping, and from what I understand it was an epidemic)

People cheer on guys to go faster, harder, better and help to put a mountain of pressure on athletes shoulders and then want to act so outraged when somebody takes a perceived "shortcut".

We love to put ourselves in other people's shoes, so lets put ourselves in Lance or somebody like Barry Bonds' shoes.

You know you are working your ass off. You know you are better than these other guys. You also know that half the field is doping. Are you gonna let somebody blow your doors off because they are doping/using steroids? When you have put your entire life towards being the best you can be. Add on the fact that Lance had to overcome what almost nobody else had to with the cancer.

I know I wouldn't. I'd "cheat". And the fact that this is something that happens across all sports shows that it isn't like it is some isolated character flaw.

16. wexy

wexy Member

Did he get cancer because of all the crap he took?

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

honestly, I really don't give a fuck at all about this.

18. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

Disgraced athlete yes, but doesn't take away the millions he raised for cancer patients.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this. the funniest thing about this is that out of the 7 he won 20 of the 21 guys that finished 2,3,4 have also tested positive for p.e.d.s

actually now that i think about it. let him keep the wins it was an even playing field afterall

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We don't agree on much, but you got that one correct.