LeVeon Bell Trade?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 29, 2019.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I know it's Mehta but here it is. Can we fire Adam fucking Gase while we're at it?

Edit: didn't see the trade deadline thread, mods can you move it over there?

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Not shocked, Bell is a great player, he too does not deserve to be part of this shit fest. The offensive line is disgusting and can't give this guy even a little wiggle room and I think Joe Douglas recognizes that by the time the jets are good enough to fully utilize Le'Veon, it'll be too late

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the Steelers are down to 1 running back, maybe they'd be interested haha

Jets81, Peebag, HomeoftheJets and 2 others like this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This is such a load or horse shit. He signed the contract, he plays or gets traded.

FJF likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm not sure how his recent signing / bonuses would affect the cap in a trade, but to be honest, he's probably the one player they SHOULD trade....... His talent his just being wasted, may as well let the guy play on a real team... esp if the coach is going to give him the ball 9 times :confused:

BUT.... how much are they really going to get? The guy was a free agent, so anyone couldve signed him.

#5 stinkyB, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Freddy Mondo and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Read the article. The headline says they are "looking to trade" Bell and then the very first sentence of the actual story says "are amenable to trading" Bell.

This is classic Manish dogshit. Also trading Bell would be dumb. Keep the star, ditch the coach who has turned the star into a turd.

K'OB, FJF, macbk and 4 others like this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I would not trade him.

We have a hof running back. Fix the fuckin line!!

K'OB and Andy_M like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If Bell is traded, Jets fans need to tune out until August 2020 at the earliest as clearly the Jets have no interest in winning before then. Giving them any of your hard earned money or time would be a terrible mistake. Leonard Williams and Robby Anderson make sense to me, but Bell? It would be awful.

Freddy Mondo and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Trading Leveon has Gase written all over it. He didn't want him. How much cap space would this free up? At this point I don't know what we should do, but the off-season is going to be so thrilling. We're going to find out if we're in for another 5 years of losing or not after the draft.

For the sake of the franchise I'm hoping this all works...

Red Menace, K'OB, Since1969 and 2 others like this.
  10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade Bell for a reduced price because of his contract or lack of production I would need a 1st and a 3rd....something in that ballpark or it's not worth it...but it's Mehta he probably just made this shit up.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In theory, I agree with keeping the star and ditching the coach. The problem is that as another poster stated, Douglas may have realized that by the time the Jets are good enough to really take advantage of Bell's talent, he may be too old to contribute much. Bell may be getting really frustrated and down. Bell should bring good value in a trade. If this team is really going to take 3-4 years to be truly competitive, it makes no sense to keep Bell except to just try to sell tickets. Very good RBs can be found throughout the draft who can start their rookie season, if not day one.

Unless Douglas has been given the power to make the final decision on whether Gase goes or stays or has some inclination that Chris is leaning towards firing Gase, then he has to make that decision now. If I'm him, and someone makes me a good offer, I move Bell for his sake and for the team's sake long term.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Once I saw who reported it, I assumed it was BS. Or at the very least, a calculated guess given how poorly the team is playing.

I'm on board with a fire sale, as I've made clear a few times, as long as the value is good. Darnold's development is important, so giving away Bell and Anderson would be dumb. But if you could get a couple second's and a third or fourth (maybe even a first?) for the two of them, I think you need to consider it.

Having said that, I don't really know what Bells value is around the league. If teams are only offering a fourth or fifth, than they can kick rocks. If they're offering a first or second, I'm not hanging up the phone immediately.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree, my friend. Bell is being wasted here. The OL can't open holes for him, and Gase doesn't know how to utilize him in the passing game. If we could get a 1st and a 3rd or 4th for him, I'd do it. It would show respect and appreciation to Bell, and would help the team long term. The only way it makes sense to keep Bell is if Gase is going to definitely be fired.

Say the Jets get even a 1st and 4th for him. Say the Jets are drafting #2, and are able to trade down and add a 1st and 2nd this year and next, they get a 3rd for Anderson and they already have a 3rd for Leon. That would give Douglas two 1sts, two 2nds, three 3rds and two 4ths. Combined with FA, Douglas could change this team's fortunes dramatically in one offseason.

Conversely, it could take 2-3 years to fix the OL. How much do you think Bell will have left by that point? Will he want out before then, especially if Gase is still here?

Freddy Mondo and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Just got here and he's traded? SMH ..guy still has something in the tank . How long did they expect he would stay on with us??? If this year and 2020 sound right keep him and improve the fu...ng OL already!!!

Trading him now says Management has given up on 2019 Season and is already projecting 24 months down the road...Oh well it is what it is

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It's as if Mehta loves being the subject of hate within the locker room....

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This team is a shithole.

Le'Veon probably wants out.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Worst organization in sports world wide.

Peebag and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, you are talking about the future. I am saying if Bell is gone, why even watch the rest of the season? You can argue there is no reason to watch even if Bell stays, but at least they have players to enjoy. And I am leaning more towards firing Gase than ever before, so keeping Bell and dropping Gase would not bother me.

19. If its Douglas wanting to trade Bell i can live w it..But the last thing we need is that idiot Gase making another power move when he has no idea how to build/coach a sustainable offense.

K'OB and MJK like this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This would be a stupid move.
    We need to support Darnold with some semblance of an offense before he is completely ruined.

A better idea would be actually using Bell as a pass catcher, but our coach sucks.