Let's talk WR's

Discussion in 'Draft' started by REVISion, Jan 5, 2022.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah I might be overthinking it for sure. Bama receivers have such a good track record lately anyway. I remember a lot of people doing the "is it scheme or talent?" thing with Smith and Waddle because of how open they always were and they've been very good pros so far.

Borat and KY Jets Fan like this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

No worries, we're all going to be looking through this entire draft class with a fine-tooth comb due to how many premium picks we'll have this year.

I just see all of the talent at WR the SEC has produced over the last 3-4 years and I want in on that, but if we get any of the top 5-6 WR's this year, I'll be happy.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I also think Dallas somehow moves enough money around to keep Schultz. If so, I’d go after Njoku

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ohio State has a ridiculous recruiting pipeline for receivers right now. Wilson and Olave were both asked in pregame who the best Ohio State receiver was this year before the bowl game they sat out of and they both said Jaxon Smith-Njigba who went 15 for 340 in the bowl game. They also have Marvin Harrison Jr. (4 star), Julian Fleming (5 star) and Emeka Egbuka (5 star).

#64 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    KY Jets Fan and REVISion like this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Do you think Smith-Njigba will be a more highly rated prospect than Olave or Wilson? His stats this year are incredible for a true sophomore.

I imagine he’ll be the focal point of the passing game for them next year and will probably produce similar numbers.

I might try to dig in on some of his tape when I get a chance.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's not out of the question. He might have Boutte as competition to be the first WR selected in the 2023 draft. I'd love to land either even if we take a WR in this year's draft. Mims, Cole, and Crowder could be off the team next year and Davis is a FA after 2023.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

I’m not sure. But his short area quickness and burst to get upfield is unbelievable. Better than both Olave and Wilson I think.

I have to go back and watch some more but at first glance his acceleration reminds me of Chase. Nowhere near the deep attacker of the football like Chase was but he’s that fast.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Jameson Williams went down with a non contact leg injury during the game just now. Didn't look good. What a bummer.

Borat likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He didn't play again, but looked like he was walking pretty normally and without pain both when he left the tent and went to the locker room and a little later in the game when he returned to the sideline in street clothes. Hopefully, it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked.

Leicester Jet and REVISion like this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Majority of doc's online said you could see the knee separate and 95%+ its a torn acl.

Super unfortunate for him and hope he makes a full recovery. Dude should be crossed off our board 100%

Borat and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought when I saw it. You can see it buckle.

Now I'm not a doctor..... but I have a laundry list of injuries, and did stay at a Holiday Inn Xpress once.

Pepsiguy5 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You can walk on a torn ACL.

The way his knee buckled going down looked like a torn ACL right away, plus, Kirby Smart asked Saban about Williams at their handshake and Saban said something along the lines of "They think it's a torn ACL".

I didn't want Williams at 10 but it's an unfortunate injury for a talented player

Borat and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I agree that it definitely looked like a torn ACL immediately. I guess they probably had him full of pain meds

15. NCJetsfan

If he's still there in the 3rd or 4th round, you wouldn't take him?

16. dawinner127

Jaylon Smith fell to a 2nd round pick after tearing his knee up in the bowl game. Some thought it would be career ending. There is no way Williams is falling to late 3rd or 4th. Just an unrealistic question to answer.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

I wonder if Jameson Williams will consider going back to school based on what the board tells him his draft projection is. He’ll be pretty much a no-go for any team that drafts him until December at best.

He’d be a good selection for a franchise like the Chiefs or Ravens that can afford to rehab him and not need an immediate impact out of their first or second rounder. I’d guess this pretty much crosses him off the board in the first round for teams if he did indeed tear his ACL and unfortunately weakens the receiver class considerably.

dawinner127 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

So where do you think he will get taken?

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'd say somewhere between 19-24 he'll go. All of those teams could realistically want him.

20. dawinner127

Mid-Late 20s — probably to a team like Vilma mentioned that doesn’t need an immediate impact player.