Let's Settle This: Clemens or Pennington?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Sep 16, 2007.

?

If Pennington is healthy, who should start at QB next week?

1. Pennington

52.4%
  2. Clemens

47.6%
  1. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Penning10toColes, nice poll. Tomorrow morning, please take the final results and send them to Coach Mangini.

He will surely make his decision based on what the crazies at TGG.com think.

2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I'm glad this poll will finally put to rest the Chad / Clemens controversy :).

3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Has to be Clemens, just give him the reigns and let's get all the kinks out of his game.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have the personnel to go vertical. Two receivers with great hands and after the catch running ability, a scatback who can take it 40 yards on any screen or dumpoff, a bruising back to keep the defense from dropping 5 men in coverage on every play, they have everything but the line to do it and Clemens showed some great improvisation and a fast release once he was freed to gun.

BTW, the west coast requires a very tactically sound offensive line to run because so much of it relies on trapping and channeling as opposed to driving. The Jets offensive line is going to be worse running the west coast than what we saw Clemens try to do today once he got his feet on the ground.

5. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

What were those numbers they posted during the game of Chad as a starter vs. everyone else?

Give Chad the protection, he'll deliver.

Though it's good to see there's a real player waiting in the wings.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I love Chad big time but Clemens needs to get the reigns....He played damn good late in a LOUD home opener to the best Defense in the NFL. You cant punish him for some mistakes by the WR's.

But if we were to do matchups, for some reason Chad just kills the Dolphins. Hes gone 6-1 vs them in his career I believe, so he gets us the better chance to win this week.

But I voted Clemens because he showed something late in the game and got the rally to drive.

7. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

We would have lost 20-3 if pennington was playing today.(talking about the end of the game). Sorry, but Penny would not have made the throws Clemens did. I honeslty believe the WR's were dropping the passes because they werent used to Clemens arm strength.

8. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have been down 20-3 if Chad was playing but that's neither here nor there

Either way, looks like Jet Nation is split down the middle on this.

9. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

That why I said (at the end of the game). But yeah well never know. I think Penny would have gotten hurt again with the pass rush baltimore had.

10. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

KC showed us all something tonight. BUT, Chad is our guy. Play Chad. Then this offseason, transition into the Clemens era.

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I lean towards Kellen for one reason: we don't know what we have in him, and I would like to start to find out, but I hate to have Chad's career as a Jet or as a starter possibly end like this, especially since he played fine against New England.

12. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Clemens all the way. He got the ball right where its suppose to be.(J-mac Iv'e already said last year he suxs and Cotchery is a #1 WR big time) This game was lost by dropped passes. Maybe they aren't used to balls being thrown with velosity. Ole noodlearm(bye CP) floats his 11 yard heluim filled passes and gets his WRs killed.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I like them both... I voted for Chad cuz when he plays we win but I wouldn't mind a college platoon situation

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Here's the interesting question: what percentage of the Chad voters are sunshiners and what percentage of the Clemens voters are darksiders?

This might be a chance for a seismic shift in TGG's user base.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We're not winning shit with these lines this season, Clemens gets my vote for the future of the team.

16. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I just hope the debate stays respectable and it doesn't degenerate into "noodle-arm" and "clemens sux0rs"

17. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

No offense, but are you really going to claim that McCareins has never dropped any of Pennington's passes?

18. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

No he makes them better by actually completing the pass because he doesn't throw it nearly as hard. Both WRs were wide open!! Also a little note to Clemens: The clock at the end of the field that counts down to zero is called the play clock!!! you must sanp the ball before it hits zero!!

19. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm a sunshiner/optimist, and I voted Clemens.

20. Atlanta Jet

Atlanta Jet New Member

Your right & Elway, Marino & Farve tossed hard just like him & they never won. Time to cut him before he hurts someone.