Let's keep it real. This team is 0-3

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

nothing. lol. the jets got good corners. they have garrett wilson who is turning out nice.their d is a work in progress.
    their o had a back up running the show. breece hall will be okay too many turnovers yesterday, i will agree with that.

1 and 2 and we got a beatable steeler team upcoming.

Lam

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

hornblower likes this.
  3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We seem to have a good rushing attack that gets sidelined by us trying to pass too much.

In the first half (where we sometimes keep the game close) this is due to our offensive coordinator being too pass happy.

In the second half we have to throw because we are always playing from behind.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Try the Hákarl

Jets79 likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This thread is not based on any opinion. What does the title say? Is it titled, “Let’s keep it real. In my opinion this team should be 0-3”, or “Let’s keep it real. In my opinion this team has played like an 0-3 team”? No, it's not, it makes a claim that is unequivocally false. That is the basis for this thread. It would appear that you have no problem indulging in fantasy as long as those fantasies align with your particular point of view. Which, hey, we’re all human, right? Totally understand that but then just admit that. A great step in the right direction would be to just admit that this thread is based in fantasy. It lives in a fantasy world where the Jets are somehow 0-3 and not 1-2.

I have no issues with people coming up with excuses. Hell, I did it all last year in regard to Zach and his play. Feel free to excuse either way but why should people not be allowed to point to the final 2 minutes of the Browns game when judging this season as a whole? Did those 2 minutes not happen? Are we back in fantasy land where this thread lives and the Jets lost the Browns game?

We can “if and but” all day long. "If Chubb went down…", "If Cade York made the PAT…", "If the Browns fielded the onside kick…"

However, as my father used to say, “If “ifs" and "buts” were candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas”. None of those “ifs” above happened, every Browns mistake last week was capitalized on by this team which resulted in us getting a W, so I'd say the Browns game absolutely matters. It shows what this team CAN look like with a capable QB at the helm. Hopefully, Zach can be that when he comes back but we'll have to wait and see.

#125 KY Jets Fan, Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How about the novel idea that a good pass offence opens up running lanes or vice versa and a good running attack opens up the play action (I am sure that is a legitimate move that other teams successfully employ, though can't say we do it very well)

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

In the first half, they were averaging 2.6 ypc. Hard to stick to the run when the OLine wasn’t run blocking well in that juncture.

WilsonJetsFan and PJ4Ever like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Okay, fine, you are unwilling or unable to see the intent in the title and the premise of the thread. People get things wrong sometimes but I don't believe the OP expected anyone to take his title literally. There is no need to always post disclaimers, emoticons or other signals that are quite obvious to even the casual reader. It is perfectly fine if you don't share my opinion or to get through the season by creating excuses, it's just something I won't do.

The last ninety seconds of the Cleveland game was blind squirrel territory as far as I'm concerned and nothing to crow about. We now have seen the Jets true colors for 178.5 minutes of football - they are what we thought they were.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

"I was wrong" simply isn't in your vocabulary. Amazing after 80 years, give or take a few.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

It would appear that we are at an impasse on this topic so I will simply bid you a good day and move on.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

But he won't!

12. Ralebird

OFF TOPIC.

13. Ralebird

OFF TOPIC.

14. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member