Lets Judge Kellen Clemens On One Throw!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, May 2, 2006.

1. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

I maybe happier with kellen Clemens than Lienart b/c I don't want another weak arm Pennington like they were saying Lienart is. Kellen Clemens has a strong mo fo arm

2. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Let me say this more then one person who was not from the JETS FO said he had the second strongest arm to Cutler and that it was very close. Plus put into the fact he is smart and elusive and that has the makings of a really good QB.

3. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

If you had read the last sentence of my post you would've known that I think "The Jets hope that Clemens develops into a franchise QB." The Jets also hoped that Chad Pennington would turn them into a dynasty, but it didn't happen.

Clemens is currently our 3rd string QB. If he never develops into a big time starter we have nothing invested in him.

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

I mean why even doubt the man ? If this your favorite team then you should hope for the best. Why kick yourself in the ass, deal with it hes a jet now.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

- The Carter... You are starting to annoy me with this "what game did you see his 'weakarm' in?"

I have a problem with his velocity on short throws and all of a sudden he has an arm like Pennington during his surgery. The throw was great... But I'm sure you all remember Chad Pennington's throw to Santana Moss against San Diego in the playoffs. With a torn rotator cuff he still threw a solid ball. There are few quarterbacks being drafted in the second round or higher that have deep ball touch problems. That's all most college systems preach. Throw the deep ball and let us run it for 7 yards so you don't have to throw in an intermediate throws. But you clearly know little about college football if you think a 19/4 TD/INT ratio means he's a good quarterback.

Drew Olson threw for 34 TDs/6 INT's. Jason White won a Heisman. Watch a prospect before you judge him on stats, okay buddy?

I'd like to know how you are going to get ahold of the game film where Clemens made incompletions because he couldn't fit the ball in on a slant because the cornerback broke on a poorly thrown ball. You aren't going to find that in YouTube highlights where half the time it's Oregon receivers making the play. It's a really bum argument stating that I read into NFLDC and Scott Wright's rankings when I clearly stated in my first post, that too many people do that. And I wouldn't insult him, because he has a much better eye for talent than you do clearly if you think that Clemens is going to be something amazing.

Let me ask you this.. How many live Ducks games have you seen?

His arm is adequate and his footwork is excellent. However I will still question his velocity on short balls. I PMed you my reasoning and you think watching youtube highlights is going to reveal the kids weaknesses? Give me a god damn break.

- Maverick... How many plays have you seen him being elusive other than one juke against a shitty Montana defender on Youtube. He moves well in the pocket and after he is in the open, but he struggles getting out of the pocket because he has a slow reaction to the blitz.

- PennyandtheJets... Ingle Martin also had one of the strongest arms and very good touch at the combine. Does that mean he'll be anything but a 3rd stringer? The kid went to Furman. Combine results for quarterbacks do not show me anything but that he may be a good athlete. There's no blitzing, and the quarterbacks take 3-5 step drops and air it out half the time to see the receivers speed and concentration on balls.

- Bomber... I'm really not sure where you are going. This was a very solid draft class for quarterbacks down to about the 6/7th guy and it was debateable that Clemens was right there, and maybe even five. Young has game skills and football instincts. You can't deny the fact that he WILL win you ball games whether he runs a 4.5 or a 5.9.

I'd like to see some intelligent rebuttles as well. Not just calling me a moron because I am not up Tannebaum's ass over a quarterback we could've got in the 3rd.

6. 1028

1028 Active Member

Jonathan_Vilma you are a moron. What game did you see his weak arm in??? Didnt you see him juke that Montana defender on Youtube??? You have no idea what you're talking about. Besides its clear we drafted Brad Smith as our quarterback of the future and Kellen Clemens to groom into a threat at wide receiver. Any idiot can see that

7. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

I think it's funny that fans get so bent out of shape with a draft pick they go out to prove how much a better a GM or scout they'd make. I'll be the first to admit I don't watch college football because it bores me to death. I'll also add that this place is primarily the place I go to get info on players for before the draft because some people do watch college football. But as far as the mistakes our FO made during the draft and after and such, I shut the hell up. Because I know if I could get a job being a football GM or Scout I'd probably be doing it for a living. And if you can get a job doing it, please do, I personally know we have at least one former NFL player and a current NFL scout that posts here on occassion. Up until the draft you can feed me information on who the Jets should pick. But can we keep the remorse of making a wrong decision on a pick until they suit up and we watch them play an almost entirely new game of football? Like em or not, we're all going to be rooting for them to succeed.

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

wow, let me correct you now and say your full of it. How were we going to get him in the third? When vikings were clearly going for him, which is why we traded in front of them. Please answer this question.

Now you wanna say he can run? In the chat you said hes "immobile". Hey smart guy you have me confused me, ive yet to say anything about clemens stats.

Wtf are you talking about? You said he had a "weak" arm plain and simple, now when its found out theres no way in hell he could have a weak arm you want to get technical and sugarcoat your nonsense.

I guess I should listen to you over Ron Jaworski, because you played, I mean scouted, I mean WATCH Nfl Tv. ha. What the hell hes A Jet now let go of of your hostility, and just hope the kid turns out good.( you are a Jet fan.. right ?)

Please dont say You know hes not going to be anything special becuase im sure theres lots of lower round qb's you would have said that about who turned out to be successful...Brady...delhomme..Plummer.

Have a good day.

#68 Tight, May 3, 2006
    Last edited: May 3, 2006
  9. Tight

Tight Active Member

Indeed , hes a Jet now. Accept him and hope for the best !

10. Jonathan_Vilma

I guess you hear one thing and it goes right through your head as something different, because I never called him immobile. I may have said he's slow out of the pocket, sure, but most quarterbacks are. He's not a guy I want in the open field trying to make a play.

I'd like to know from some other people in the chat what they interpreted what I said. Because I may have said it in terms that you didn't understand because the words were a bit too complexed for you.

He still doesn't throw the ball that well in the short game. So stop with the weak arm shit. It's not as if after seeing that one play to who I believe was Demetrius Williams, means that I'll change my opinion on his arm.

I'd like to see some good spelling every once in a while too if you're going to act like a know it all.

11. Tight

Tight Active Member

Dude pull up your skirt. You ask for a decent rebuttle then you come back with this ? I dont act like I know everything, just more then you. When you have the time , can you answer the above question.

How do you suppose we were to get clemens after the Vikings drafted him ?

Peace

12. Tight

Tight Active Member

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Then you don't take him and you settle for a potentially better quarterback in Brodie Croyle. Again. These dumb highlight films aren't showing me anything. Of course they'll take the best throws he's ever made and put them into one film.

That's more a statement than a question by the the way.

"You ask for a decent rebuttle then you come back with this?"

Yes I do, because you didn't really respond to me. All you did was throw words into my mouth.

14. lightning

lightning Active Member

wait...twat?

15. lightning

lightning Active Member

how many live bama games that you've watched makes you think that croyle is better than KC?

16. Jonathan_Vilma

I watched them in the Cotton Bowl vs. Texas Tech, vs. Florida, and Tennessee.

I've seen Clemens vs. both USC and Fresno State.

17. lightning

lightning Active Member

honeslty i think i can trust pro scouts a little more...who knows? they visited him and gave him a small version of our playbook...so im assuming he did well

18. Tight

Tight Active Member

Since you seem to not have seen the question... HOW WERE WE GOING TO GET HIM IN THE 3RD ROUND?

19. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

The guy shows a ton of potential and to justify a second round pick on a QB thats all you need. He does most things well but hes clearly not as well groomed as Leinart, Young, or Cutler which is why they were 1st round picks. However, i also think with Shottenheimer's help, he can turn in to a better QB than those other three. But then again maybe he will just be a bust. Thats the thing with 2nd round QBs-you never know

20. Tight

Tight Active Member

correction* Thats the thing with all qb's despite which round. You'll never know. Yah I dont know whats clemens future but id like to think , as a Jets fan that this kid will be tearing it up soon.