Let's have your top three for the Jets first rounder

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Popeye's Army, Mar 21, 2009.

1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Gilbert
    Hood
    Freeman

2. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Moreno
    Wells
    Trade down.
    Maclin will be gone,that's why I didn't put him in. If we trade down I would target Britt,Nicks or Gilbert.

3. jgangstahippie7:18

1. Sanchez
    2. Gilbert
    3. Moreno

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im not as high on Gilbert as I have been recently he was always a top 2 option for me but now hed be top 5 for the first pick.

1.Maclin (yes call me crazy but i was asked who i want most with our pick and thats the guy, again itll be a miracle if he ever got past the raiders and the jags. but you never know)

2.Moreno (the guys a beast, one of the most relentless RB's ive seen in quite some time, i once said, the ONLY thing he lacks is straight line speed, I dont remember the last time I watched a RB run in a perfectly straight line to score a TD unless it was 3 yards or under. and if that were the case, hed get it in. )

3.Sean Smith (god forbid one of our DB's goes down, the kid has too much size and potential at CB or S to pass up IMO.)

that being said, I'd hope for Ron Brace in RD 2. or Fili Moala ( projects perfectly as a 3-4 DE) but id happily take either one of those DT's in the 2nd rd.

#84 Coach K, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I put my top six guys that I think the Jets are most likely to take on JetsDaily.

Copied and pasted here...

1. Tyson Jackson - DE - LSU
    Would give the Jets a young d-lineman, someone they wouldn't have. The one guy I wouldn't mind with this pick.

2. Knowshon Moreno - RB - Georgia
    So you want to play hardball, Mr. Thomas Jones? The Jets have two good runningbacks, but Jones is holding out of voluntary workouts, while Leon Washington's contract situation is still up in the air, even though Washington has said he hopes a deal will get done. The Jets will probably draft a runningback at some point, and it may end up being where the value is.

3. Josh Freeman - QB - Kansas State
    I don't think the Jets will go quarterback at the 17th pick. Trading down and grabbing Freeman a little bit later would be a more likely option in my opinion as he is raw and wasn't very accurate in college. I believe the Jets would love a stud quarterback, and if Mark Sanchez slipped, the Jets would grab him in a heartbeat, but Freeman likely wouldn't be that guy, at least not yet.

4. Brandon Pettigrew - TE - Oklahoma
    First round tight ends in back to back years would be a tough pill to swallow for Jets fans, but it would be a creative way to run the type of smash mouth offense Ryan wants. He's a heck of a blocker, and could be like a sixth lineman. He also has good hands. His skillset compliments Dustin Keller's quite well, and it would allow Keller to focus more on becoming the team's new number one or two receiver.

5. Jarron Gilbert - DE - San Jose State
    Gilbert has good size and athleticism (see him jump out of a pool here). He's a little raw, but he broke out his senior season. He is projected as a 2nd round pick by a lot of people, but he's the type of guy who could be taken higher than expected. Still, he might not rise all the way to 17.

6. Kenny Britt - WR - Rutgers
    I can't make this list and not include a receiver. And assuming Michael Crabtree and Maclin are both gone, Britt would be the third receiver on my board. He's got a size-speed combination only matched by Heyward-Bey, and he is a much purer receiver. Britt is immature, but the local product would make sense for the Jets.

6. 73klecko

73klecko Member

1. Trade down
    2. Tyson Jackson
    3. Brandon Pettigrew

If you trade down and pick up a #2 or #3 then I would target Britt, Hood, Hicks, Freeman or the guys above in the 1st.

7. jdub03

jdub03 Active Member

1. Tyson Jackson
    2. Trade Down
    3. Sanchez

8. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

1.Maclin
    2.Moreno
    3. Trade down then select Gilbert.

9. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member