Leonhard Blasts Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Nov 29, 2011.

1. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Because they have one team and one team only and they haven't exactly been spoiled. Being a true fan in the South and out West is much like rooting for college teams. They root through the thick and thin and never shit on their own colors. it's truly a sense of pride. These fair weather Jets fans have no pride...they are flat out phonies and mental midgets.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

If you want to boo him for doing something stupid during the game, that's your right...but booing him in PREGAME is just wrong. Unless the guy does something skanky off the field there's no reason to boo anyone before a game starts, when your team is still competitive.

3. FLorida-Jet

FLorida-Jet Banned

There is no reason to attack/boo a 3rd year quarterback who's not only been to consecutive AFC Championship games during his first two years in the league, but has also proven that he's able to compete/perform and win during high pressure situations of postseason play. I'm not sure what some fans are expecting out of Sanchez, but he's improved during each and every season since being drafted by the Jets. QB ratings of 63.0 during his rookie season, 75.3 last season and currently at 80.9 this season. Improving each and every season is signs on a developing franchise quarterback.

His rookie season of 2009 wasn't pretty (during the regular season), but he still managed to improve during his 2nd year in the league last season, during a time where some critics were expecting a sophmore slump out of Sanchez. His sophmore season wasn't pretty (during the regular season), but he's still managed to improve during his 3rd season this year. All signs of a growing quarterback.

He's (I believe) 3rd in TD's thrown amongst other AFC QB's with 18 TD's/11 INT's this season. For the fans who've expected an Aaron Rodgers/Drew Brees/Tom Brady or even Eli Manning/Ben Roethlisberger type of season out of Sanchez heading into this year, despite the fact that he's only a 3rd year quarterback with only 1 year of college starting experience during his time with USC... I believe you all have set (your own) bar too high.

He's a young quarterback, overall struggles will happen more often than one would like, but struggles are what also turn potentially good QB's into potentially great QB's. You can't learn from mistakes, until you've made mistakes. Ala both the Manning brothers, especially Eli. As of right now, Sanchez is learning on the fly, especially considering the fact that he's being asked to throw the ball a lot more this season, when compared to his first two years. So of course mistakes are prone to happen.

4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Not sure where this "boss can call me an idiot" concept comes from,.....but if you are asking whether my boss has a right to question my performance if I am underperforming, then the answer is yes. Lets not jump to extremes here. We're talking about professional sports and not cubicle office environments.

The team isnt accepting e-mails and phone calls, nor are they making themselves available for any scheduled Outlook meetings. So the voice of the fan needs to be heard and if its happens to be in the form of a "boo" then so be it. The team was supported plenty during the game.

I mean, you acknowledge yourself "we're all pissed at Sanchez and the team" --- ok, so now what?
    Quite frankly, some have had it w/the mediocrity performances lately ---- therefore, we don't care about winning and are assholes?

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Fans have the right to "Boo or Cheer" as they see fit, Leonhard needs to get over it. NYJ Fans at the stadium pay a lot of coin for their seats and they expect a better product.

This isn't about "Fair Weather Fans", Sanchez' performance has been sub-standard this year and the Fans were giving him what he deserves.

I'm not a SOJF, and a Sanchez fan, but he got what he deserved.

It's time for Mark to make better decisions, Shotty is part of the problem, but not the entire problem.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because normal NFL QB's don't throw interceptions?

Is the idea that if Sanchez would just cut out his one really bad throw a game he might be the first NFL QB to throw zero picks and we should get on his ass about that one bad throw until that happens?

Jets fans don't deserve to sniff a Super Bowl if that's where all this is headed. Richard Todd was actually a really bad QB for about 5 seasons in a row at the start of his career and people treated him better than Sanchez has been treated lately.

I think this is all on Rex Ryan. This is why you don't go blabbermouthing around about Super Bowls on a regular basis, because when you can't follow up on all the bullshit your young QB gets it in the neck.

7. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

LOL for the money you guys pay to be there, you can boo whomever the fuck you want. STFU and play football Jimbo.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mambo give me a giant break man.... helping the team??? You got to be kidding me. I work in a cubicle not Metlife Stadium.... anything I do or say or boo, doesn't hurt or help the team in anyway...WOW.

The NFL wants the average joe to think he can actually "help" his team and point to the mere handful of false starts a season as evidence... but the reality is the Jets are 6-5 right now whether they played these games in front of nobody or 1 million people.

When you have a coach who talks like your franchise is the best in the game and a QB who is happy to be the face of it.. and the production shown is severely lacking then they are gonna get boo'ed.. they know this.

Jimmy Leonhard, a farm boy from Wisconsin might be upset but NYers expect better especially when the organization embraces this.

If Mark Sanchez really was affected by a small smattering of boos then I really dont want him anywhere near my franchise... Luckily I don't think he was at all.

Sadly I can't say the same for Leonhard but luckily hes a safety and not the QB...

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

If you boo the Jets when they run out of the tunnel pregame you should just sell your tickets to someone else next time. Serious. We don't need you there. You can boo at your tv screen at home or beat your wife and kids when Sanchez throws a pick.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

^
    ^

Having the user name Browning Nagle you should be the King of Booing.

I agree with your post 100%

11. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Thats a darksider screen name through and through.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

That's Bullshit.

Anyone who pays for a seat has the right to Boo, too bad Sanchez and Leonhard have thin skin.

Sanchez wouldn't get booed if he made plays.

I have a problem with Jet fans selling their tickets to opposing fans, not booing poor performance.

13. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

He makes plays. Can he make every play? No one can. Seems you have the issue with being impatient and unrealistic. Just because Rex promised you that Sanchez would win a Super Bowl do you really believe him? Get a grip.
    What good are Jets fans in the seats if they are just gonna be dicks to our team before they even play one snap? I have a major issue with retard fans like that. Stay home.

#73 concussion80, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm one of Sanchez' biggest supporters, but when he deserves to be booed, so be it.

Sanchez needs to learn how to play 4 Quarters and not start the game and 1 st half underperforming.

Impatient??? How long have you been a Jet fan? I've been a Jet fan since 77, so don't talk about being impatient.

Sanchez is streaky, Hot & Cold. Sanchez will never take this team to a Super Bowl win untill he overcomes his mistakes, which I hope he will.

Rex's Super Bowl talk has gotten old and I believe talk is cheap, time for Rex's team to do the talking on the field.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. Leonard is pissed because some fans who got ass raped for PSL's sitting in the stands with official Revis shirts, Jets hats, Jets underwear, drinking and eating official NFL food at outragous prices, parking in official NFL spots using official NFL toilet paper drinking the trash talking cool aid of our HC and team is going to tell the fans whether or not to boo the crappy performance of our SB winning trash talking tougher, bigger stronger, you hit one of mine will hit two of yours Jets players?

I'm not a fan of booing but I would be thrilled to go to NFL games where all the fans were doing was booing and cheering. The fans pay the freight. The NFL has created a league where every franchise has a shot at the ring. Every fan wants his day and they are paying top dollar for the dream the NFL has created with watered down parity and expanded playoffs.

Maybe the fans are getting sick of the mediocre product they are paying top dollar for every week?

16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Is it worse for a fan to boo the Jets in pregame intros or to sell that seat to a rival fan who keeps his mouth shut during pregame intros out of fear of getting his ass kicked?

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Real Jets fans know when to boo and when to cheer.

Boo before the game starts... and cheer when he gets carted off the field hurt. It's a damn good thing Brunell is the back-up, otherwise the fans would be chanting for the back-up to come in.

Oh yeah, I read in some other thread that the 3rd stringer is gonna be great.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!!

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Of course having a stadium full of homers buying the food and the swag is better than having knowledgeable fans boo a overhyped, oversold, mediocre product that is representing their team.

What franchise wouldn't want a fanbase that sees no evil, speaks no evil and loves everything thing no matter what their lying eyes tell them even after 42years of futility.

20. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Jets fans are so ungrateful. if you guys run Mark out of town then you are stupid as dirt. Mark is probably one of the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long time. Him and rex have completely changed the game.