Leonhard Blasts Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

As down on Sanchez as I am right now, booing him is stupid and wont help him in any way. Kind of like in 07 when CP got hurt and everyone was cheering. That was gutless.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

My Hypersensitive Quarterback.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

WOW can't believe those of you who are backing Jimmy here.

He doesn't like it... Sanchez doesn't like it...The Jets don't like it...PLAY BETTER.

Fans can do whatever they want in the stands (within legal/ethical rules of course) because they PAID to be there. Last time I checked Mark Sanchez makes a lot of money to do what he does and part of that job description is to be able to handle the criticism.

Jimmy should have kept his feelings to himself because I just lost some respect for his professionalism. Having said that, I am DAMN GLAD Mark Sanchez didn't make these comments but I do believe that it didn't faze him that much either way.

Perhaps Sanchez wouldn't have been put in that position at all if Leonhard actually steps up and wraps up the Denver receiver the week before and Sanchez is getting introduced after a win.. Maybe everyone should have boo'ed Leonhard.... just sayin' just sayin'

4. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

He's not the one who complained. Obviously, he's not that hyper sensitive because he turned it around and threw 4 td's and one in the clutch. Maybe people need to stfu, start being true fans and support this guy for once. Football has it's ups and downs. If you crap on the guy for every mistake he makes you hardly deserve to enjoy his triumphs.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Maybe, just maybe, Sanchez doesn't get booed if he has a competent boss.

They ought to introduce Schotty, and take the heat off mark.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I did not hear boos during intros but the boos did get loud during the game----all this said-grow some thick skin and play better and the boos would easily be cheers. Face it the team is struggling and so is the QB.
    If Jimmy does not play better in that secondary soon ,,,,,as much as I like the guy (and I also like Sanchez alot ) the boos might rain on him :sad:
    Eric Smith gets booed and no one says squat because we ALL know he is playing poorly---same goes for Sanchez and the rest of team / Rex and coaches included!

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I was still pretty hammered from the pregame but I don't recall Sanchez being booed too badly in intros. During the game, yes, especially after the mishap with Santonio on 3rd and 2 on the series before we took it in for the win. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it wasn't obvious or unanimous for me to remember it.

8. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Schotty isnt introduced when he runs on the field. Neither is Rex.
    Yeah, lets just all cheer and act like nothing is wrong. Or we'll wait until after the first 3 and out. Its Week 11 --- get your shit together. Enough of this, "Don't worry, we'll get it done."

Sanchez signed a $44 million contract. For the price of tickets & the PSLs - the fans can do whatever they want. Rex wants the fans to show up --- well they are & they arent happy with the product being put on the field --- especially after all the Super Bowl guarantees, best defense quotes & the "We are the Giant's big brother" nonsense.
    Bottomline - the team looks unprepared lately. The QB, by definition, tends to be the face of the team. Fair or not, that's the way it is.

9. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

This title is dumb....

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Agreed....

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'd like to boo the people who were booing.

They have paid for the right to boo all they want, but they aren't supporting our 5-5 team, which is playing a crucial division game, when they boo our young QB as he is introduced. I question why they are even there spending their money when there is a team about 200 miles to the north that wins a lot more that would gladly take them in as fans. I wonder if Colts fans boo Painter when he comes out onto the field for a 0-10 team, just because they can and have paid for that right.

Sometimes, our fans are such imbeciles.

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The point isn't what you're entitled to do, it's how are you helping the team.
    Let's say you're not doing your job well... would it help you if your boss told you how much of an idiot you are every time he comes near your desk?

We're all pissed at Sanchez & the team but we need to help them out... especially during games. Otherwise we don't care about winning and we're just a bunch of assholes.

13. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Welcome to new York football.

14. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I've heard the "I paid for my ticket and can act like a drunken stupid imbecile if I want to and boo everyone that wore a Jet uniform for the last 40 years" argument a million times. Yeah, wow.. were all real impressed you have the right to boo and piss on our Jets because you clumped together $120 from your unemployment check to pay for a ticket.

#54 concussion80, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  15. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

The same guys cheer like hell and high five when Sanchez throws a TD. Seems kind of schizophrenic to me. The game has its ups and downs. If you ride the downs too hard...you almost don't deserve to enjoy the ups.

16. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

New York is no longer a good sports town. we used to carry that title, but we're not.
    We're pessimistic, self entitled, overly irrational assholes who cave in at the first sign of adversity.... minus the minority of knowledgeable and faithful fans that exist..or rather, existed on this board and the occasional people you meet who aren't complete asshats.

the people who go to the games are often even worse. it's become a cocktail party.

it's sad, because that shouldn't be indicative of new york. 10-15 years ago, NY was not like this.

17. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Is it the younger fans booing who didn't see the truly bad Jets teams? Are they spoiled? Maybe.

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

i'm talking in general man. it's giant fans, jet fans, yankee fans, knick fans, met fans to a lesser extent.

i think personally it's the worst when it comes to football, baseball being close. knicks fans still get pretty loud and we still sold out games even when we were bad for a very long time.

A big part of that is definitely pricing out the true fans, but it's become the overall sports culture of the area as well.

i really am amazed by what you see in places like Kansas City or New Orleans. even when they're bad, it's still a place you're scared to play in if you're an opposing team. The chiefs have been terrible for the most part but you see that place rocking more often than not. And it could be even the littlest sign of a rally or positive momentum. Those fans really try and stick with their team. the NY what have you done from me lately, stab you in the back if you're not the best team in the world mentality is disgusting

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I did not make it in for the intro's, and I am not happy with the way he's playing, but I would not boo him because I am a jet fan and I am rooting for him to do good. Do I boo the offense when they continually go 3 and out during the game, hell yeah. But to blame Mark for everything is bull. Man, the players hear enough negative crap with the NY media, they don't need the fans to turn on them, not now. We are still in it.

20. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Jets fans shouldn't boo our own players. I didn't hear that much booing on Sunday. Regardless, Leonhard should worry more about his own, and the team's, play, and less about what the fans are doing.