Leonard Williams looks fat to me

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 16, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

OOoooooooo, scarey. You are the guy who claims he was never doubled. LOL

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

What are you talking about?

I remembered that play. I was just responding to the other post where his stat line from that game was brought up.

See how it works? I remembered that play, I remember the Green Bay game before he got ejected, the Denver game.

You think I wanna be here taking big, nasty, smelly, disgusting dumps all over this guy? I wish this guy played like that all the time.

That's why I don't buy the hidden/zero production garbage, constant double teams tall tales.

I watch these games. I know what's REAL and what's not.

When did I say never? It's the constant double teams tall tales I don't believe.

As if teams out there are quaking in their cleats about facing this guy like he's a JJ Watt or Von Miller type game wrecking force. Pfft yeah right!

3. WarriorRB28

There are youtube videos out there of "idiot" Jets fans as you call them wanting these players at the draft and their heartbreak & disappointment when the 'paid professionals' set the organization back years, decades by pulling some other player's name out of their behinds.

Speaking for myself I wish those fans had been at the control in the Jets war room at those drafts instead of the *clears throat* 'paid professionals'.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Wow, this thread is still going? Amazing.

FJF and stinkyB like this.
  5. LF911SC

Seriously, you don't understand how fans think? Fans don't spend their money on a player. They don't care of a high pick sucks. Until later, then they cry how they knew better.

My favorite bullshit line is whenever a fan seriously believes he's a better GM than those who are paid. Because they name 8 or so players they like at a spot and after the fact swear that was the only player they wanted. Those are the idiot fans, don't turn this into something it's not. I don't call fans idiots, just the ones who think they know best

FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hackysack's gone so our other resident troll is stepping up.

FJF likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"This thread looks stupid to me"

The Waterboy and FJF like this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You gave a perfect example of hidden production, then claim you don't believe it exists.
    No one is claiming he is Von Miller or JJ Watt. Von is a generational player, Watt has been injured the past 3 seasons. You would be bitching about that if he were a Jet.
    He's a good solid player, excellent vs the run and disruptive vs the pass. Actually one of the better players from that draft class.
    There are very few Aron Donald's or Von Miller's, but you don't cut players who aren't them.

9. WarriorRB28

That’s not hidden production. It was a big play in the game that’s why I remember it.

Hidden/zero production is for role players anyway.

Star players are called stars because they’re supposed to shine brightly, be easily noticed. A mind blowing revelation I know.

10. WarriorRB28

You have very low standards.

Good, solid is NOT what is expected with a top ten pick. A generational, HOF type talent is the hope with that kind of pick.

Missing on top 10 picks, paying good solid like he’s a top player at his position is part of the reason why the Jets haven’t made a Super Bowl since 1969.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's almost as crazy as believing just because someone is highly paid to analyze and draft players that they have private information and knowledge that's not available to the general public.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Leonard Williams is a good player. I hope the Jets don't pay him like a great player unless he has a season that suggests he is a great player. I don't mind paying him the option year because I think it's worth the risk to see if he can step up to the next level under Gregg Williams.

Right now Williams is about as good as Shaun Ellis was at the same age. That's a $9-10M a year player in a good defense.

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Aaron Donald has quite frankly ruined the expectations for interior defensive linemen.

You aren’t supposed to get that type of pass rush productivity from a defensive tackle. He’s the best interior pass rusher in NFL history and there is no close second. Trying to compare anyone else to him just doesn’t work.

FJF likes this.
  14. LF911SC

Can you imagine?

How could that be?

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Fletcher Cox is widely regarded as the 2nd best IDL in football, behind Donald. What stat category does he blow Leo out of the water in, other than an aberrantly high sack total this past year?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CoxxFl00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillLe02.htm

Though, I will agree that the Jets shouldn’t break the bank in an effort to extend Leo especially with Q here now. I think Leo is a good player, I just don’t think his position matters that much unless you’re literally Aaron Donald. Thus, the Jets need to stop investing premium assets in that position because even when the players pan out their impact is relatively small and fans complain about them not being historically great.

LF911SC likes this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

After his 4th season Cox was a star. Williams after his 4th season is a good player, not a star. There's a real difference in the numbers and Pro Football References AV tally catches it.

LF911SC likes this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

The hope is key. But that's far from reality . The success rate of players drafted 6-10 is 51.4%.
    That doesn't mean 51.4 % are perennial all pros. Just that they will have avg to above avg caterers that last 5 plus years. Williams is one of the best players from his class.
    Above average . Top 5 vs the run. That's not a shit player you cut for not being Aron Darnold or Von Miller.
    Cut Darnold because he's not Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes?
    By your logic we will have Bell on offense and Adams on D. Cut everyone else because they are the only 2 you can reasonably argue are the best or top 2-3 at their position.
    Your expectations are just unrealistic or your just fucking trolling.

LF911SC and FJF like this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

But aren't at least 10 Arron Darnold's drafted every year ? :D

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fletcher Cox is much better than Leonard Williams

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

How much of that is a product of the talent around him though?