Leon Washington traded.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Keithnyj, Apr 24, 2010.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Draft me if you want to win the Superbowl.

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Leon's wife sounds like a fucking golddigger. She was the one who introduced Leon to Keels, and all her comments are about the money.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I miss Leon already. Perhaps I am in the minority. Sad day for Jets fans.

4. ........

........ Trolls

Hahahaha. That was good.

5. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

awesome!:beer:

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Hey Mrs Washington, we've packed one of these for you, you'll thank us.

[​IMG]

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Then how hilarious is it that her name is Charity?

Does anyone see get it? its too perfect.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maybe. There are talking heads already predicting this may be the end of Richardson. Wouldn't cost the Jets much at all to cut him. 50k.

9. Nova

Nova New Member

We were fortunate enough to have tony rich for one more year. I think everyone knows that you don't cut one of the best fbs to play the game. I think John Connor will be great on special teams while learning under him for the future.

10. Billyorbit

Billyorbit New Member

gonna miss Leon

11. Freeman McNeil

Agreed.

I don't know what offers Leon is going to get in the future, but I have to believe it's going to be a lot less than what the Jets offered him.

Leon and his wife gambled and lost big time. A classic example of greed and overplaying your hand.

Like they say, pigs get slaughtered

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I think we are all gonna miss Leon, he was a fan favorite for sure, so it's sad to see him go. But from a football team building standpoint, it was a good move to let him go.

I read today in the Post that there are rumors circulating already that Leon will have to begin next season on the PUP list. So by week 7 we'd already have our running game pretty set, and who knows how Leon would return from the injury. Then there's no chance he'd be here in 2011 anyway so why not get something for him now while we can. In Tannenbaum I trust.

13. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

It's always difficult to make a change. No different in the real world. If you have to let some one go you really like it's miserable but you can't get complacent. Fact is Leon was not going to get a new contract and I don't think he will get one in Seattle. He's a 28 year old that is not an every down back. That said Leon was a great Jet.

14. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Friends,

It is my beleif that trading Leon was just as painful for the Jets as it was for many of the fans. Yet, you had to know the minute Tanny made the statement about expecting LW to be part of the team this year, he was gone for sure.

I really believe the Jets would have been happy to give this kid a chance to heal properly and get back to form, but the drama from those surrounding him was just the last straw for the Jets.

All one has to do is look at the last message from his wife, it reeks of bitterness towards the Jets, who did nothing more then try to make LW a very rich man with there last contract offer. Expect his agent Idiot Alvin to be adding to this line of hate very soon. The Jets had enough of the BS and I believe LW will come to regret ever having anything to do with AK.

When all is said an done he may one day have to tell his wife to JSTFU because she too is just as much to blame for what has befallen LW as AK is. Many fans myself incluled hate to see how this all ended, but I believe the Jets had no other choice but to get LW out of the locker room.

I also think that like Parcells, Rex is not going to put up with any BS from guys that he would go to war with and lay his life down for. Loyality looks to be a huge part of who the Jets are now and it is expected to run both ways.

Which is why I think there was more to the cutting of AF then is being let on. I thought I heard something about him complaining about the Jets parting ways with TJ , so who knows. I know his play had declined and with the money issues for contracts coming due next year, space had to be cleared.

One thing for certain, this CS and managment staff has earned my trust in the last few years. There approach has been 90% on the money and as such earnes them the benifit of the doubt. Personally I will hold off any judgements on any of these moves until the end of next season. My personally beleif is that they have a set plan on moving forward, not only for this year but for many years to come. An while some of the moves appear to be very painful in the present, the rewards in the future many be well worth it....

15. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

I think trading Leon was in the Jets best interest. Leon's injury, to me, made him an unknown on the field. The combination of his contractual situation, agent, and age was nothing but a distraction with a certain future of not being a Jet past the 2010 season. I think getting something is better than nothing and at least now we have our fullback for the future who will learn from one of the best to ever do it in 38 year old Tony Rich. The Terminator will be able to step in immediately after this season as a full time starting FB. I'm perfectly fine with letting Leon go with a full understanding of what has occurred over the past 2 seasons. The reality of the situation is you cannot keep everyone and Leon, a great Jet at one time, was at the bottom of the totem pole.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I think many are missing the point with this trade and are not thinking objectively or rationally.

First, the Leon Washington of one year ago is not the Leon Washington of today. He suffered a serious, career threatening injury. Reminiscing about plays he made BEFORE his injury is a meaningless activity. And don't you think the Jets know exactly how he is progressing. It is possible he will never ever be close to the same player.

Second, his value is what we got for him. Tanny is no idiot. If he was clearly going to back to form, don't you think one of the 31 other teams would have signed him as an RFA and given up the 2nd round pick? I am sure Tanny shopped him around. He was only worth a 5th rounder because he is a 28 year old RB with a bum wheel.

Third, his relationship with the team was irreparably damaged. You can put part of the blame on the Jets, part on Keels, and part on Washington (and throw in his wife if you want), but he wanted more money than the Jets were willing to pay and he paid dearly for it. I, for one, say the Jets are fortunate Washington did not take the last offer and then suffer the leg injury. And I personally blame Keels/Washington more than the Jets. Washington is (excuse me - was) not a $5-6 million a year player. The Jets made this move because Washington is aging, injured, and was bent on leaving the team anyway.

Fourth, we have been through this before with RBs - the world was ending when Jordan left for Oakland or Morton left for Washington. I thank Washington for the few exciting years and plays he gave the Jets, but he is very very replaceable, especially after the injury.

Fifth, all the top franchises get rid of players one year early rather than one year late. Pittsburg and New England have done this for years. If you want a winning team, get used to player movement and having your "favorite" player go elsewhere. I, for one, am tired of being the "nice " guys of the NFL and not winning championships. I don't wnat to start bringing in locker room jerks (TO, Favre), but I want to win. Rooting for a traded or released player to come back and haunt the Jets, however, is just unacceptable. I am very surprised by the reaction of some regular posters whose opinions I respect. They are over the top with the negativity attached to this one little move in the context of a big picture.

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

From an article in today's Daily News.

Should we as Jets fans be, even a little, upset over the bold part?

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Why am I not surprised that this asshole shows up in the picture?

19. Jam.

Jam. Banned

No...I guess not. He's supposed to say that to make the Seahawks fans happy.

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Its ok for us to do it to him, but not to us?
    Nah, its business, thanks for the memories, move on.