Leon Washington?s Erratic New Agent

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 2, 2009.

1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Yeah well, not so much.

Granted MJD is a slightly more dense package, making him a better bet to take less and give more punishment.

But word out of JAX is they need a big goalline/3rd n' short back to compliment him. That makes him "not an every down back".

Sure, my eyes are on the hazel side, but I think Leon has every ability to be as good as MJD. The best part is, others don't know it yet, so we get him cheaper.

Seems to me the only thing holding him back from everydown territory is his blocking, which can be taught.

#61 brothermoose, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

uh wow, I still say keep the guy considering he is our best offensive player on the team

3. ........

........ Trolls

That's pure speculation right there. I seriously doubt Leon is going to be seeking 6.25 million a season, and I doubt he'd find a taker at that number. I'm taking this with a big grain of salt.

4. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

$4mil a year. $5mil would be a stretch.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I get the same feeling from Revis' agents.

6. pender30

pender30 Member

If we draft a RB in the first few rounds we're going to be in a much better position with both Leon and TJ. Right now, Leon is the only guy in town because of TJ's moronic holdout. And TJ knows we probably don't want to use Leon as an every down back. If we get a third RB in the mix, it makes both those guys less important to the team and weakens both their positions. I'd be really surprised if we didn't get a RB early.