Leo Williams worth

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Sep 25, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'll say this for MacCagnan as unimpressed as I am with the overall job he's done here he showed me something last offseason when he didn't go crazy re-signing guys to multi-year deals just because the team didn't go 0-16/some played better than expected.

There were people in the media talking up Sefarian Jenkins, Claiborne etc. he let some guys go, he brought some guys back but on one year deals. He's also been getting rid of his bust draft picks Petty, Hackenberg, Smith, Stewart etc.

Mehta was talking up Richardson he traded him away. Mehta has been at it again with Leonard Williams.

This gives me hope that he'll do what needs to be done with Leonard Williams when his contract is up. If they want to bring him back on a cheap short term deal fine I can live with that. I don't see Williams accepting that type of contract but if he can pull it off more power to him.

Just don't use the franchise tag or pay this guy anywhere near elite d-lineman money.

fansince90 likes this.
  2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Mac's done a good job at managing the cap. I'll give him that. Now we need a top notch college talent evaluator in the war room on draft day because we have none.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fuck it.

Pay him by the pound.

FJF likes this.
  4. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Where your draft doesnt = 2nd contract. Say what you want but his stats say he is key to this defense and once a pass rusher is added his stats and performance on the field will grow further than the top 10 stats he has put up. Letting him go is a SOJ move and will only make us worse

5. JdotGriff

Im basing my opinion on pure stats which = facts. If he didn't gets the job done the stats wouldn't be there. Wilkerson Quit on this team because he couldnt stand losing and honestly was never the same after th leg injury. Sheldon has been stuck behind two very talented front 7's since leaving. Either way he was to much of an issue off field and too much of a loud mouth in the locker room.

Williams is the perfect combo of talent and great player/personality in the locker room. The Jets will lock him up and again once this team has line backer to he will shine for the people who = Dline performance on sacks qb hits

FJF likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

LOL

He IS supposed to be that pass rusher!!!!!!!

7. JdotGriff

Again name one of THOSE pass rushers that does have an edge roster on roster. I get you have your opinion just please support it with facts instead of repeating your self over and over with out any support to what you are saying.

8. WarriorRB28

I think former Browns GM Sashi Brown did a amazing job there stockpiling draft picks. He made some incredible trades to get those picks.

I don't think he'll get another chance because of his record there and the media will likely attack him the way they atacked Marrone but he's worth a look.

If not him I like former Bills GM Doug Whaley his background with the Steelers doesn't hurt.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Where did this come from. Never saw one incident indicating and of this. Sounds personal to me. Geez embarssing post. He’s just ok and not what we hoped him to be but good kid and plays hard

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. WarriorRB28

HE IS supposed to be that edge rusher.

What part of that do you not understand? You try to justify his lack of elite production by bringing up other players on other teams that have absolutely nothing to do with this.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams isn't an edge rusher.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  12. JdotGriff

If you think a 300lb DE is supposed to be an edge rusher you sir are too stupid for this convo and i honestly am starting to understand this now.

FJF likes this.
  13. JdotGriff

Also if it has nothing to do with it than why can you not name someone with better stats that does not have a proper edge rusher on the roster?

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The simple fact that his play is in question points to a problem.

Williams is not producing.
    He's said so himself.

I think he'll start making his presence known.

15. WarriorRB28

I don't have the time to look up that info and frankly I don't care to. It has nothing to do with what was/is expected from Leonard Williams as a former top 10 pick DE.

A team hopes to get a dominating, sacks monster HOF type defender with that type of pick.

And I'm sick of Bowles & the media stroking this guy's ego by constantly telling him how good he is when he clearly has been a disappointment. No wonder he has no incentive to improve.

He says stuff like it'll happen "they (sacks) come in bunches" or uses the double teams as a excuse.

Just by reading his words I can tell it ain't gonna happen with this guy.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. WarriorRB28

The latest articles mention Williams "hidden production". Bowles said the Browns sent two or three guys at him.

Must've been hidden blockers because I saw him getting blocked man-to-man many times and getting stonewalled. Why on earth would a team feel the need to send two or three guys at him? Please.

Then Williams went on to talk about what the fans look for & want. He has no idea what I look for when I watch a game.

Then Williams defended his game against Cleveland by saying "he didn't get much action". Took my breath away.

This guy doesn't get it.

17. JdotGriff

His play has never been in question except to people on a forum who have no idea what they are talking about. lol
    Anyone who does this for a living and or actually understands what his responsibilities say he is a great talent.
    Find a non internet troll person that says anything but positive shit about leanord williams

18. JdotGriff

lmfao ok i get it now. Youre a board troll lol Fuck got me good bro

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The game plan against tyrod Taylor has always been to have a soft rush and matiain Lane discipline some doesn’t escape and has to play as a pocket passer. To the untrained eye this could look like the d line getting stood up. But those in the know, and know what the book on Taylor is probably recognized this.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Considering you’re the only person on the entire board defending him, id say the odds point in the direction of you as far as people with no clue on what they are talking about.