legler82 versus Jets GM’s

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 7, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Shitted might be strong. Regardless, even now I still wouldn’t want Jackson on the Jets.

[​IMG]

AJW likes this.
  2. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Wilson shows a lot more NFL stuff on tape in terms of anticipation and reading a defense than both Fields and Lawrence. That’s why the NFL people hold him in such regard.

Say what you want about Wilson, but he was the difference maker/catalyst at BYU. Fields and Lawrence were great players, but watch Clemson and Ohio St next year. They won’t miss a beat without them.

REVISion likes this.
  3. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I also have hope that the Defense will improve. They won’t be stingy or dominating but hoping for some solid D where we finally put more pressure, I still think JD will not only draft couple of CBs including one high end in draft but grab a last minute veteran. If the Saleh can avoid those 3rd and long big plays, the defense won’t be on the field for too long and give the ball to the offense to eat up time.

themorey likes this.
  4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am sure they won’t miss a beat. They keep getting some of those 150 4-5 star players which helps. These programs are there for the long runs and already have not just one but 2 or 3 legitimate starting QBs in line.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

@legler82 on draft night on TGG, all ready to line up his gifs like...

[​IMG]

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sure you wouldn't want an MVP QB, 3 extra 2nd rounders (picks the colts used to build a good team), plus whatever we netted in the trade down (like at least an extra 1st and 2nd plus more)

7. legler82

I rather Allen and all those picks. Plus Lamar without Roman’s offense is most likely not a MVP.

8. legler82

No doubt; I just think too much weight is being placed on those things mentioned especially now where the line between college and pro systems are blurred.

9. GasedAndConfused

maybe , maybe not. but 3 years in he has 3 playoff appearances, an MVP and a pro bowl. can't ask for much more success then that from a QB

10. legler82

I’m good with being a Lamar fan from a far. I have zero interest in seeing him in green and white.

AJW and Lon Chaney like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

he would literally be by far the best QB we've had in over 40 years. no idea why you wouldn't want him but then a lot of what your saying lately just isn't making sense so i probably shouldn't read much into it

Falco21 likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

legler should be the Jets next GM.

13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Who didn't know who Mark Gastineau was and asked him "who are you?"

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It was me :) But fully drunk.

AJW likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I did watch the tape. I saw talent, but I also saw that he was wildly inaccurate a good bit of the time. I think I also said that his WRs sucked and he had no talent around him. I admit I was wrong about him, because I wasn't sure he'd ever fix his accuracy. Mayfield was the QB I liked and in that draft, but I think Allen was second, although he may have wound up third with me. I never liked Rosen or Jackson, and only came around late to Sam once Cleveland took Mayfield or slightly before. I also have never railed against Allen the way many posters here have since he started playing in the NFL. So don't make up crap.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your bubble of flawed remembrance but I know for a fact that 101 loved Jackson and I believe that he thought that Jackson was the best QB in the draft. I've given him kudos for that.

legler82 likes this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It occurs to me that we should have known Allen and Jackson were going to be the best in the 2018 draft because they have the same names as the Raiders backfield in the 80s. That tells me that if a QB named Van Eeghan ever comes along we gotta do whatever it takes to get him.

18. legler82

He did like Jackson which was odd as Jackson was completely against his type. He was always a traditionalist that put way too much weight on taking snaps under center and running a “pro-style” offense. For whatever reason, he liked Jackson though.

#58 legler82, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  19. GasedAndConfused

tt's possible another person did. I didn't see it but the general consensus was I was an idiot for liking jackson and he was a RB not a QB

20. GasedAndConfused

did he delete this comment? @Rockinz I never called anyone names and I was always pro allen and anit mayfield so you have me confused with someone else

Rockinz likes this.