legler82 versus Jets GM’s

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 7, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I liked Darnold even less than Wilson and I made him my avatar once he was drafted. I will be closely monitoring Fields though.

Brook! and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

does Fields' performance in the Big 10 championship game concern you?

3. legler82

I never get this question. I’m never swayed by just 1 or 2 games, good or bad. It’s the entire body of work I look at and more importantly NFL translatable traits. Every prospect is capable of a great game or 2 as well as a couple stinkers. If Northwestern cracked the Fields puzzle, don’t you think Clemson would have borrowed the code? I could go into a lot more details about that specific game but short answer is no, I’m not concerned.

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Hey man i get it. When I was banging the table for Josh Allen you were pretty much the only guy on the same page that saw the IT factor I did. Guys like NC and Broadway sam and Gace and Confused called us every name in the book and tried to back it up with irrelevant stats and accuracy issues he apparently had. But if they actually watched the tape they would of seen what we saw

Brook! likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I get that but he sure looked bad in that game. Really bad. Northwestern plays an NFL style D. Veneables at Clemson doesn't, and that Clemson team struggled on D all year

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Fields is going to be good no doubt and if SF picks him like I’m sure they will he will probably outperform Wilson and Lawrence next year because his getting Kyle Shanahan, 2 nice WR, Mostart and I solid OL. SF is way further ahead of the Jets and Jags when it comes to pieces of the puzzle. Also that D should be healthy again so he will have that to lean on as well.

The positives I get from Fields are legit he’s a gamer, ideal size, tough, super athletic, accurate deep ball, strong arm, can throw off the run left or right, difficult to tackle, doesn’t get rattled on a bad play and he’s respected by his team mates.

The negatives I get from Fields is a long release, holds the ball to low when trying to use progressions, first read covered he runs, gets confused in zone coverage schemes, accuracy issues on short/intermediate throws inside the pocket and can make bad decisions when pressured off a zone blitz.

themorey likes this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He threw 3 picks against Indiana as well. He doesn't seem to handle pressure well. The AFC East had a few teams that can play some defense (Buffalo, Miami). Does his lack of pocket presence and inability to handle the blitz concern you at all?

8. legler82

He had a thumb injury and NW flooded the field w/ DBs & LBs daring OSU to beat them on the ground. OSU could have elected to beat their heads against the wall and force the pass for the sake of Fields’ draft stock or ram the ball down their throats & take the dub. They chose the latter. I thought Indiana was his worst performance. They sped him up with pressure and confused him with presnap disguises combined with well timed post snap coverage rotations. The free safety for Indiana had one of the best games I’ve ever seen by a college safety. Fields fell into the hero ball trap and some uncharacteristic bonehead decisions which led to TOs. I would be concerned if that was the norm and a pattern but that’s not the case IMO. At the end of day he’s had about a handful of plays like that in the span of 2 years.

9. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

He's picking Wilson. Deal with it and go have a hard drink.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

REVISion and Brook! like this.
  10. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I thought you weren't going to throw your money down the toilet anymore? You can drink as hard as you want and watch from your home and still enjoy your team.

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Your Yankees are down 0-4. Go deal with your baseball team. :p

AJW likes this.
  12. Brook!

I am renewing my tickets AJW.

This season will be exciting.

13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

They suck because their GM is running the team and have a puppet for a manager. They are going nowhere. See, I am a realist as much as a fan.

Brook! likes this.
  14. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

This will be you....[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

cause I nailed allen and jackson when everyone here including legler shit on jackson and everyone minus legler shit on allen?

16. Brook!

GC

I trust you as well my friend. I trust you, NC, baalwrship and Rockinz as well. That's why I don't see nightmares with Wilson option.

I am a happy camper.

Looks like both can work out with the Jets if we don't screw things up Jets style.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

honestly IDK how anyone can not be happy. were picking 2 in a deep QB class. there are 3 legit QBs who could have gone 1st overall in other drafts and 2 other solid prospects. we are in a good position overall as a franchise to land a QB and build a team. JD has done a great job overall. we should all be happy and trust him. not to mention saleh who reminds me of a mixture of rex ryan and herm edwards with his likeability and the players liking him but he's not brash like ryan and knows much more Xs and Os then herm.

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe because we've seen what paid professionals can do so many times before. Just because you are paid does not mean you are competent.

NCJetsfan, legler82 and Brook! like this.
  19. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I'm holding out hope that it will be different this year for the following reasons

1. The new offense is QB friendly and will likely start out real simple

2. JD is actually talking with the coaches to understand the type of players wanted for their schemes. Such a novel concept.

3. I believe JD will address the OLine and RB in the draft to reduce the load on the new QB.

4. Our WRs are already way better, at least on paper, than recent Jets history.

Leicester Jet, NCJetsfan, AJW and 3 others like this.
  20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I am hoping too, and I think there is reason for hope

NCJetsfan likes this.