League running out of places to send Tebow.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Concerned_Citizen, Apr 1, 2013.

1. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Nope, just lots and lots of unbridled hatred, anger and frustration at the one you call "Tebow." Isn't that what it's called when you offer moderate disagreements about someone's abilities to play a pro sport?
    Unfortunately, nothing can help me. I fear I will spend the rest of my life offering agreeing and dissenting opinions on all sorts of matters. I know that doing so moderately with a sense of humor = hate and jealousy so I will just take it day by day by day by day...and good Timmy willing, I may get better someday

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am having a hard time trying to figure out why so many people on both sides are so obsessed with Tebow to begin with...didn't he get millions for being a first round pick? I am guessing he is laughing at all of you.

3. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Or maybe we are laughing at him because lots of people have millions of dollars; even fewer have been successful QBs in the NFL over a long period of time. Besides, I go to sleep every night just knowing that Tim reads my posts and it makes him sad but I know he appreciates my humor and would like to hang out with me and hear my advice.

4. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Good for Jeff Garcia. I'm thinking the Jets may try to force Tebow as part of a Revis trade. They get more cap relief if they can trade him instead of releasing him. That's why they haven't just cut him.

This isn't about what's best for Tebow, it's about what's best for the Jets.

6. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

That would be a hell of an idea to force Tebow into a Revis trade. The Jets could agree to slightly less compensation/lower draft pick if a team is willing to absorb Tim's contract and take the circus with him.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think the Jets should accept less to include Tebow. Throw him in at the last minute and tell them it's a deal breaker if they don't accept it. I highly doubt a trade partner kills the deal over that.

8. catsigater

catsigater New Member

9. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Meh.. I doubt too many were publicly seeking his opinion on the matter until he became involved with a Jets QB.

...and besides, I didn't get the sense that Garcia was being particularly insulting towards Tebow. He merely stated a fact. There is no way in hell Tebow will get a real shot at being QB with the Jets, he doesn't fit the system like some of the others do, and they have no real plans for Tebow. So send him to where he can be that guy.

He didn't say anything we weren't all thinking anyway.

10. Concerned_Citizen

I dunno about that. When two parties negotiate and and are ready to accept a deal, few like new surprises added in at the last minute. I've seen a lot of deals killed because of that. ...and Tim Tebow with the potential headaches having him on your team would cause is a big headache.

Good move by Sanchez and the Jets to get Garcia into the mix. Always thought he was a bit underrated and WC offense is his area of expertise.

but not to worry, Teboners. Tim Tebow had extensive workouts with... Chris Weinke. I guess those Floridian Heisman busts need to stick together.

you're right about one thing though, whatever move being made will be done with the best interrests of the Jets in mind. Not Tim Tebow. Sorry to break the news to those with Tebowcentric views and think the whole league should revolve around Tim Tebow.

#130 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I didn't get the sense he was being insulting, either. But there's no doubt he now has a vested interest in Sanchez success, and his comments should be taken with as much of a grain of salt as anyone from the Tebow camp's would be if they were to say something like, "Tim should have a chance to compete for the job."

12. Concerned_Citizen

The Jets have a vested interrest in Sanchez's success too. They hired a coach that has done a lot of WC offense and brought in a guy who did fairly well in that offense to help Sanchez get a grasp of it. Plus, Garcia is 100% correct on where Tebow fits in, so I don't see why his comments need to be taken with a grain of salt. Even Teboners have been saying Tebow doesn't fit into the Jets' plans.

Even if they planned on giving Tebow a fair shot at starting in the offseason competition, Sanchez is so far ahead on the new offense it ain't even funny. He's learning the new offense. Garrard has some experience with it. ...and Tebow? Well, where is he making his next speech appearance this week again? Good luck with that one, Tim fans.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Including Tebow in any package deal with Revis will do nothing but muddy the waters in an already overly complicated situation. Lets get the best we can for Revis as a stand alone. Tebow either gets cut outright or if the cap is too large to absorb then keep him strickly as a FB/RB for special situations where we can capitalize on his strenghts.

14. Concerned_Citizen

Whoa!!!

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb...89joOJioFLZGRAVxI?utm_medium=rss&utm_content= Jets Blog#axzz2QHeCWhXj

Not much talk or evidence of Tebow being possibly added to a trade to Tampa... but SANCHEZ sure seems to be.

That would provide A LOT of salary relief. They probably end up keeping Tebow and Garrard and drafting a QB if this happens.

Are the Bucs serious?!?

-------------------------
    The website Pro Football Talk reported the two teams have discussed including Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez in the deal. This would be stunning, considering Sanchez’s contract. He is due to make a guaranteed base salary of $8.25 and he is a $12.8 million salary cap hit. The Jets would likely have to eat some of that money to unload Sanchez, though.

#134 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013