League running out of places to send Tebow.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Concerned_Citizen, Apr 1, 2013.

1. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The Jags GM wants nothing to do with Tim. When the worst team in the league goes out of its way to make a statement like that, the rest of the league pays attention whether it's right or wrong.
    Yet again, another person with skin in the game (Jags GM) does not want Tim while guys with no real investment (Gruden, Romanowski, Bayless, Dorner, Ditka) keep talking about how Tim should get a shot. I wonder what they would say if their ass was on the line for Tim's performance....

2. Greenparrot

Greenparrot Banned

Jets will give jags a 2nd round pick and tebow to move up to 2nd pick...watch

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

not a chance. That would equate Tebow's value to a mid 4th round pick, but when you take the contract into account its an even worse deal for the Jags.

Also take into account the Jags new GM said he had no interest in Tebow.

The Jets will be extremely lucky to get a 7th round pick for Tebow. Its far more likely that he gets cut than traded

EDIT: I'm assuming the post I'm responded to is saying to move up in the 2nd round. If you're talking about Tebow & our 2nd for the Jags 1st, that might be one of the most asinine trade proposals i've ever seen

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Lololololololol!

5. Greenparrot

Greenparrot Banned

Tebow will be playing for jags...would already be done if they had more then just 7 picks in draft this year

6. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

So your theory is that they want Tebow, but not enough to give up a 7th because they only have 7 picks?

7. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Seahawks explored Tim Tebow trade but not expected to pursue
    Although it's a near certainty that Tim Tebow won't be on the Jets roster next season, the team is still looking for a potential trade partner to get something back for the former first-round pick.

One team who at least kicked around the idea was the Seattle Seahawks, according to a report in the Seattle Times. John Idzik's former team already has Russell Wilson and could potentially be looking for a mobile backup to run the versatile offense if Wilson ever went down.

However, Seattle is not likely to pursue Tebow, instead looking at Seneca Wallace and Tyler Thigpen.

For now, at least, Tebow remains in a crowded QB depth chart alongside Mark Sanchez, David Garrard and Greg McElroy.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's not the value that's at stake in any trade -- the Jets would take a ham sandwich for him. It's the cap. If the Jets trade him, his pro-rated cap charge moves to the other team. If the Jets release him, the cap charge accelerates to this year against the Jets.

And it works the same way for other teams -- they could just wait until the Jets release him and incur no pro-rated cap charge. And so they wait.

The only reason to trade for him (ham sandwich or not) is if you think some other team will, and you want to get ahead of them. But nobody is doing that -- it's release and sign or nothing. (As is common with many players, depending on their value and contracts).

I just can't figure out why the Jets don't give up. If they end up with a trade, they'll look smart I guess. But it seems unlikely.

9. catsigater

catsigater New Member

And Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
    Seattle would be a good fit. Russell is ensconced as the starter, very little controversy after the initial signing, and no matter what you think of him, Tebow is definitely better than Tyler Thigpen, if not Wallace as well.

#109 catsigater, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  10. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

Honestly, I think your really trying to grasp for straws here. In the scheme of things, where will this be remembered down the road. This really is a non factor for me. *shrugs shoulders* Tim's image has not been impacted to make him look as bad as you may think by whatever really happened or didn't happen. Sports agents and teams are the ones wheel and deal. If that was not the case, the NFL commish would have looked into further. Since he hasn't, I am not concerned.

Bahahaha! Wow! Out trolling with these girls? Bahaha. First off, this picture was taken backstage at a Broadway show. He was not out partying with these actors after the show. Many celebs pop backstage and take pictures with the crew. which is what happened here. You can see the makeup mirror with the light bulbs in the background if not in this picture but in the other picture he is posed with Constantine who plays Stacy Jacks in Rock of Ages. Please at least get the facts straight before spreading false accusations. Yes, there is some question if Tebow asked for the pics to be taken down, etc. I as well thought it was rather silly and said as much when this happened. But at the same time, I am going to believe that was another rumor. Simply google Tim Tebow in images and you will see him standing next to countless young ladies during his college years at countless pool parties. So if he wanted to protect his image standing next to woman in scantily clad clothing... thats a little too late. ;) Plus, nobody is really making a big deal out of this. Just saying.

Once again, look at other pictures that have been around for years and nobody made a stink. When you hear these rumors, they are many times just that. There are some definite holes in your argument. I see where you going, but like usual, you read TMZ and didn't actually gather all the facts.

11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

They know no one's going to trade for him. But they've little to nothing to lose by holding on to him until the last possible moment.

12. Slap

Slap New Member

I seem to recall the Wenatchee Valley Venom of the Indoor League were looking for a quarterback. Not only could Tebow fulfill his dream of playing quarterback, but he could spread his message to the people of...what's that?

You say the Venom folded in 2011?

Never mind.

13. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Oh, slap...

14. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Sooooooo the Seahawks would rather roll with Tyler Thigen and Senace Wallace then Tebow. Wow. Anyone on here who thinks tebow has any future in the NFL must have been dropped on their head as a kid.

15. milo

milo Well-Known Member

The only one preventing Tebow from having an NFL career is Tebow (and the Almighty who apparently told him to be a quarterback or be unemployed).

The guy can play football, he just can't play QB at this level.

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

"Allegedly."

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think both Thigpen and Wallace are better than Tebow. They aren't bad players. Wallace is the better of the 2 but Thigpen can play too. They are backups of course.. that's their level but they can play the pistol offense and don't come with Tebow's baggage.

As a Jets fan, I wish Seattle would prefer Tebow and give the Jets literally anything they can think of to make it happen. But Thigpen and Wallace, are cheaper and better options, they'd be dumb to make such a tebow trade IMO with a young QB.

It will be interesting and quite telling to see if Tebow shows up to the Jets facility in the pre-draft workouts. Personally I just wish they'd end this circus now, I feel like a little kid with way to much cotton candy in my belly in the final hours of the circus - but I suppose it makes sense to try and deal him, although I don't see anyone actually making a trade. Why would they? He's a virtual release anyway - if someone does want him they could just sign him up for cheap upon his release.

18. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Yep.

I watched Thigpen a LOT when I lived in KC. He's not as good as Tebow. Wallace is probably a better first choice.

#118 catsigater, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  19. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

What you saw about Thigpen that made him look bad was not his fault.
    1) The coaches were not using him properly.
    2) He was not getting to work with the starters.
    3) The GM and coaches were afraid of Tyler winning so they sabatoged him.
    4) He is really good but you just hate Thigpen for some reason...
    5) He is improving but the coaches did not want anyone to see it.
    6) The play callers weren't calling the right plays for Tyler. They need to just turn him loose.

hahahahaha these are ridiculous arguments for a terrible QB. I feel like I have heard them somewhere before......maybe I am imagining things????

20. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I see you're infected with TDS*.

*Tebow Derangement Syndrome.