Laveranues Coles has reported

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kramer, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

This is good news!

Hopefully this situation is resolved.

2. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Great post, and when DRob is asked to play his normal role, which is one on one he is solid. When you ask him to play a position where he is 30-40 pounds under weight what more can you ask?

DRob never takes plays off, and if you notice the coaching staff always talks highly of him, he works hard in camp, and has never missed serious time due to injury.

Has he lived up to his overall number 4 pick? Heck no, but I want DRob on this team next year at a cap number around 2.5, and I want him starting a DE with Shaun Ellis.

3. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

If Coles is the heart and soul then we need some help! He was the FIRST player to start whining as soon as the season ended. If he ain't happy, move on, is what I say to those guys. I hope we keep him, but he needs to shut the hell up!

4. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

It is true that these players are getting paid millions of dollars. But that's because there are so many of us fans who dote on their every move and syllable (whether we like to be reminded about that or not).

Of all the millions of guys that wish they were in their shoes there are only a few guys that get to work on the field like LC and the lot.

Of course they ride on the huge demand for their play. How many tens of thousands are there on the waiting list for NYJ Season Tickets now? Don't those waiting list people have to pay each year to stay on the list, too?

LC is a NYJ captain, and whether you like him or not, the market has already said he's worth $5 million this year and $6 million next year.

The fact that he wants to extend that conversation is just football business.

I'm much more interested in how he plays than I am in how many bucks he has to pay taxes on.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

he is a whiney little bitch. i'm getting tired of his bullshit. he's a good reciever, but we're not talking moss, or owens caliber. go do your job and shut the fuck up. his bitch is the jets did'nt honor thier promise, but what about him not honoring his contract?

6. Thrillkill

Thrillkill New Member

Laveranues Coles update at Draftsharks.com
    [I didnt realize how much dough this fool's made}

Coles shows up for workouts
    Jets WR Laveranues Coles showed up to the Jets’ voluntary offseason program on Monday. He's been unhappy with his contract and isn't afraid to tell reporters, but to his credit he's doing his job. The Star-Ledger reports he's likely to get a new deal at some point, or perhaps the team just told him he could actively seek a trade. We're still kinda wondering where Coles is coming from, with the grumbling and all. He's made $15 million over the last 3 years. In the 2 seasons before that he landed $14 million from the Redskins. That's sick coin for a receiver who's averaged 949 yards over that 5-year span.

Posted on 3/25/2008 2:27:13 PM

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'm sure this is posted somewhere but jic:

COLES & JETS NEAR NEW DEAL
    By MARK CANNIZZARO
    LAVERANUES COLES
    Wants security.
    March 26, 2008 -- The Jets averted a significant offseason headache when receiver Laveranues Coles on Monday reported to the team's offseason strength and conditioning program - amid strong signs he's on the verge of working out a contract extension.

Coles, who's made it clear he wants a long-term contract extension, had threatened to be a no-show in the program, which is voluntary.

Coles has two years and $11 million left on his current contract. The Jets, trying to placate Coles, offered to guarantee those two years. But that hasn't been good enough for Coles, who is more concerned with the security of a long-term deal so he can finish his career with the Jets.

An NFL source familiar with the dealings between the Jets and Coles told The Post yesterday the team is in the process of "tweaking some things in his contract."

Asked if that means extending Coles' deal to give him the security he seeks, the source said, "Yes," and added that a new deal is "imminent."

The Jets, in fear of the Coles situation morphing into an ugly matter like the Pete Kendall situation last year, are believed to have made some sort of assurance to Coles that they will rework his deal.

Coles is a key figure for the Jets for a couple of reasons. First, he's their top receiver. Second, he's a team captain and is well-liked in the locker room. So he has some good leverage.

mark.cannizzaro@nypost.com

8. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Agreed ... Hes 100 % GOTTA stay healthy this year and give our QB (whether it be Kellen or Chad) more options on the field. Coles and Cotch are a sick combo when they are working together!

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I totally agree. Imagine them with a 3rd receiver & the TE's being used?
    Along with TJ out of the Backfield!? WOW

As long as the Line Holds up, well be fine..even better than fine.

EDGE:JETS

10. trojanFan

trojanFan New Member

now, im surprised no one has brought this up yet, but...does this affect our draft strategy???

I mean, if we trade down, do we grab a WR or go Line (either one) and OLB or if we stay put at 6 and grab either DMC or Gholston, What do we do in the second???

Personnally, id go straight up with Dre Moore in the second and id trust Tangini to grab the BPA with our 1st....

Thoughts????

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

they were the 4th or 5th best tandem in the NFL in 06 (i dont want to hear about QBs from anyone)... they can get back to that with the new line giving them time for the routes to develop.

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Coles being on the field can only help whoever is the QB this season. Now if we can trade back and add a guy like Limas Sweed... well our top 3 guys plus Baker, Franks, TJ and Leon out of the backfield... not a bad offense at all, especially with the revamped line. It won't matter who is behind center they are both good enough to win us some games...