Latest Jets Transactions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Jun 2, 2015.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You may be onto something. Then again, it may just be that they know what Kerley brings to the table, so they want to give the two youngsters some reps and see how they handle it and what they have to offer. They may be giving Owusu every opportunity to make the team, knowing they're going to keep Kerley either as the starter or backup. I would be shocked if Kerley doesn't make the team.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

if it wasn't a new system i would buy this more. although with owusu getting dinged toda things may be changing.
    a month ago i had kerley as a lock for the wr3. now,flip a coin.

3. NCJetsfan

I hadn't heard about Owusu. Hopefully, he is truly just "dinged."

Good point about this being a new system. If they can upgrade the #3 WR position with Smith or Owusu, I'm all for it, but I still think Kerley should make the team ahead of Graham, Enunwa or any of the others not named Marshall, Decker, Smith or Owusu.

FJF likes this.
  4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Speaking of wrs, I think you should remove TJ Graham from the practice squad because I'm pretty sure he is ineligible.

5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Thanks, you're right. Replaced him with Shaq Evans.

6. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

POST G&W Scrimmage

QB (3)
    Geno Smith
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Bryce Petty

RB (4)
    Chris Ivory
    Bilal Powell
    Zac Stacy
    Daryl Richardson

WR (7)
    Brandon Marshall
    Eric Decker
    Jeremy Kerley
    Devin Smith
    Chris Owusu
    Quincy Enunwa
    DeVier Posey

TE (3)
    Jace Amaro
    Jeff Cumberland
    Kellen Davis

OL (9)
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    James Carpenter
    Nick Mangold
    Breno Giacomini
    James Brewer
    Brian Winters
    Dakota Dozier
    Brent Qvale
    Ben Ijalana

DL (7)
    Muhammad Wilkerson
    Damon Harrison
    Leonard Williams
    Leger Douzable
    Stephen Bowen
    TJ Barnes
    Deon Simon

LB (7)
    David Harris
    Demario Davis
    Quinton Coples
    Lorenzo Mauldin
    Calvin Pace
    Erin Henderson
    IK Enemkpali

S (4)
    Calvin Pryor
    Marcus Gilchrist
    Jaiqwan Jarrett
    Rontez Miles

DB (6)
    Darelle Revis
    Antonio Cromartie
    Buster Skrine
    Dexter McDougle
    Marcus Williams
    Darrin Walls

ST (3)
    Nick Folk K
    Tanner Purdum LS
    Ryan Quigley P

Steven Ridley PUP
    Dee Milliner PUP
    Sheldon Richardson SUS
    Zach Sudfeld IR
    Antonio Allen IR

BacktoQueens likes this.
  7. DaBallhawk

Cutting Aboushi would be a major mistake. I don't understand why guys like Colon and Winters are still getting reps with the starters. We've seen how bad they are, we've seen how solid Aboushi was last season. It doesn't make sense. But if we're just going by camp and the "scrimmage" I guess it does look like he might be cut. Can't wait til Rex picks him up if that does happen, that should be fun to watch. :rolleyes:

Safety is another issue now. Do we keep 3 safeties with Darrin Walls splitting time between CB/S if need be? Do we keep 4 safeties (Miles)? But then it'd be pointless to have Walls switch to safety. I think 3 safeties with Walls getting some snaps here and there would be fine. JJ is a starting caliber safety, he should get all the snaps as the backup, he can do it all. And if Gilchrist gets hurt Walls could take over as the centerfielder.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Solid piece of crap.

Aboushi could make the roster but so far it does not look like he is anything special.

Also, we start four linebackers and most defenses rotate players to keep them fresh throughout the game. Linebackers also have flexibility to contribute on special teams. I do not see why some of you have us keeping only seven linebackers yet want to keep 7 WRs, 7DL, or 6+CBs.

9. NCJetsfan

Barring further injuries (please!), I think someone is going to be upset or disappointed over who was cut or which positions didn't keep enough players. I don't envy Bowles the choices he has to make. Let's face it, guys, we finally have some real talent and competition on this team. There are going to be tough decisions.

We have so many young OL and perhaps better depth than we will have had in a while, so many good DL, so many good (not great) LBers (better than we've had in a long time, especially depth-wise), so many young WRs, so many DBs, and seemingly an abundance of good RBs. A valid case can be made for keeping many of the players who will be eventually cut. I've said for years that I think a 53 man rosters is BS. I think the roster size needs to go up to at least 55 and still keep the 10 player PS, or they could even cut it back to 8 players.

I think Aboushi makes the team. I think Jamari Lattimore makes the team. I can't see keeping less than 8 LBs, 7 CBs, 4 S, 6 WRs (and a case could be made perhaps for 7), 4 RBs, 9 OL and a case could be made for 10), 3 QBs, 3 TEs, 7 DL (and a case could be made for 8), and 3 STs, and that makes 54 at least.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that other teams (including those that went deep into the playoffs last year) will be forced to cut their rosters down as well. Guys that are on the bubble now may not look so good compared to offensive linemen cut by Dallas or defensive players cut by Seattle.

11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Someone getting above Aboushi in the pecking order is a good thing, not a bad thing, lol

BacktoQueens and James Hasty like this.
  12. DaBallhawk

Did you watch any Jets games last year?

13. FJF

My kerley theory is now moot.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

does LB Julian Howsare stand a chance of making this team? I met one of his relatives over the weekend and they were oozing with pride, hoping he would make it. They said the Jets signed him like 2 minutes after the draft ended and really wanted him for what its worth. Played at DII Clarion (PA). They are hoping he finds a role on special teams.

15. FJF

They moved him to fb after cutting a fb. Seems like they are trying to justify a spot for him.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

oh wow, thanks

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Interesting roster. Here's where I differ:

1. Barring injuries to the other 3 rb's, don't see Richardson on the 53. My research indicates fumble issues albeit on a small set of data. If he gets through the preseason with no fumbles, he increases his chances.

2. I don't see a KR on your roster--Owusu cannot be counted on in this capacity given his concussion history. I don't know that our eventual KR is even on the 90 right now but Hakim has the lead. I see Kerley at PR so that's set.

3. I agree with you that apparently Aboushi has not impressed TB yet and could be out if this doesn't change. Seems Qvale has surpassed him at least to this point. Winters is in danger too unless he has improved in the offseason.

4. Don't know what you see in DL Simon as I have heard nothing. I expect a total of 15 DL +LB on the 53 and unless Simon is another snacks, seems likely a PS candidate at best.

5. Finally, don't know if Dee can be put on the PUP list. If not, they have to carry him on the 53 or IR him.

Thanks for posting.

18. DaBallhawk

I doubt it. The fact that Bowles is kind of rotating him at multiple spots, offense, defense, doesn't really help him. He's playing FB now and there is no way he makes it as a FB over Bohanon. That's time he loses focusing on playing defense, and there is no way he's gonna beat out somebody like Reilly who I don't see making it either. Realistically he's probably gonna end up in the practice squad. Special teams itself won't cut it, he will have to contribute somehow on offense or defense. But who knows, maybe Chan really likes him as a FB.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

good work on the roster.
    I'm going to hold off on updating mine until after the 1st preseason game.
    but your list is very close to what i'll have.

Defense is almost exact same, although i'd add Lattimore and drop Bowen or Simon.
    we'll need 4 ILB's, and Lattimore will be playing lots of special teams.

on O, I'd keep Graham and drop Posey.
    We need a deep threat and KR. with the recent injuries to Smith and Owusu, Graham's chances got even better.
    on Oline, I'd keep Harrison to redshirt and Colon to start. would drop Brewer (don't need two backup T's), and probably Dozier.......unless we keep 10.

20. TestaverdeWinsGames

I don't see it that way. It seems like players who are learning other positions are doing so at the behest of the coaching staff because the coaches *want* to justify a roster spot for them. Flexibility is key and I'd have to think a marginal player who can play multiple positions have the inside track over a marginal player who can't.

FJF likes this.