Last Nights Officiating...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Read more of his posts, he is just trolling to get the post count up.

2. LTrules

LTrules Banned

Players benefit sure, but that had no impact on Monday night. The officials weren't playing O line for NE, giving Brady 4 - 5 seconds to disect the field and throw to his TEs, who our DBs could not cover.

3. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i was of the opinion it couldn't have happened to a more deserving duschbag than the rapelisberger! and beating late hits or broken bones will get no sympathy from me. the guy is a piece of sh*t and does not deserve sympathy from any football fan!

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This would have been a uch more appropriate response considering he has said the same thing 3 times and ignores everything else that has been posted.

[​IMG]

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

No he doesn't deserve sympathy but the playing field should be level. He was suspended by the league already. He served it w/o an appeal but allowing vigilante justice isn't the answer either.

6. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

lol, good god, there are conspiracy theories for everything nowadays! desperately reaching for any excuse possible now except for reality. jets got whopped because they didn't bother to show up!

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Again, completely, just completely, misses the point of this thread.

8. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Why can't the officiating ever be talked about? Why can't fans expect better or at least expect some semblance of consistency, win or lose? From what I've seen thus far, this is easily the worst officiated season in the last decade.

There is no way you can watch several games a week and say that on the whole, the games are refereed in the same manner.

Some teams get the benefit of the doubt calls to go their way and some don't.

9. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

THIS! It seems each year officiating is getting progressively worse and more inconsistent. It's really pretty bad considering how popular this sport is.

10. LTrules

LTrules Banned

I don't mind discussing officiating but I think in EVERY instance its a cowardly way out. I guess I am in the minority.

11. The Mak

The Mak New Member

You realize you just contradicted yourself in the same sentence, right?

12. ppls17

ppls17 Member

TO all those who say the patriots are loved by the league

The Patriots were flagged for 57 accepted penalties in 2008 - the fewest for any NFL team since the 16-game schedule was adopted in 1978. New England had 72 penalties called against it in 2008 (15 were declined or offset), a figure that also was the lowest in the league

Now why were they the lowest that year because brady was hurt and they needed the most help.

This week big game national headlines no way they were being called for a penalty in first half in fact they consistantly dont get called for any penalties until they have the lead. It would be interesting to find stats for penalties by quarter or penalties when up or down in a game but it is harder than i thought to find penalty stats as it is.

How does a team full of rookies with a horrible ranked defense consistantly not get called for penalties.Doesnt matter how great your coaching is rookies make mistakes every coach ever will state that. When they think itll be hard game then they wont call any penalties on then until they are up big sometimes not even then. Case in point 1 penalty against colts, 1 penalty against us.

Its been going on forever kraft and goodell are friends and they make no secret about it. Goodell just spoke for kraft at some umass thing recently. Yeah they got fined for spygate but nothing got done about the headset tampering

THere is a reason only 7% of players wanted to play for bellicheat in the little survey even though hes considered a great coach its because most players want to win the right way not have it handed to them. Most players believe in being able to speak there mind without worrying about saying something that could get organazation in trouble.

Glazer on McDaniels' description of what happened in New England: "That was practiced. That was coached. That was worked on."

The camera guy in all of this is the Pats OLine coache's son. Hmmm...thats not a news story? No chance he would share the tapes with his own father now would he???

Detroit Lions quarterback Shaun Hill accused the New England Patriots of trying to re-break his left arm during a sneak play on Sunday, according to a report on Mlive.com.

Manning and his coaching staff think the Pats cheat in the home locker rooms..hmm....imagine that, Pats cheat.

Do i really need to add more

13. LTrules

LTrules Banned

I take the cowardly way out sometimes, LOL, makes me feel better.

14. LTrules

LTrules Banned

Could it be because they are well coached? Do you have statistics for Bill B. coached teams in general and their penalties? How about the 2001 Patriots, before Brady was famous?

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Clearly that's part of it.

They all come from the Parcells tree.

Run it hard. Don't commit penalties, don't turn it over.

Mangini teams also place a great emphasis on not committing penalties. And to that end, he likes players that
    will play within their physical limitations.

That does not mean that the calls are still distributed evenly.

16. ppls17

ppls17 Member

I dont have those stats your more than welcome to look them up. Do the patriots forget there coaching only when they are up since thats when they get called for the rare penalties they do. Of course some of it is coaching but to think he is the only coach capable of getting rookies who dont play well to not commit penalties i mean that dumb. As exposed from this game a game in which they were clearly the better team there were 5 or 6 easy penalties that should of been called. THey are known as a dirty and physical team and yet rarly get called for personal fouls

Players leave that team and commit penalties again ty law a great example. Did they forget that coaching. Watch any patriot game and tell me you came away thinking they got the short end of the stick calls wise.

17. ArgyleFury

ArgyleFury New Member

Referee Accountability

I fervently believe that Referees in the NFL must be held accountable for mistakes, apart from a simply apology a week after a game has been ruined by poor calls, but only after Mike Perriera fails to cover-up the mistakes with his official snow-jobs from the "Fox Command Center".

Referees should be fined for poor officiating. Players and coaches are fined for dress code violations, off-field behavior, and now for playing the game too violently, a standard no one can truly distill into a coherent policy. Referees must be held to the same extremely high level of accountability.

The game is only entertaining when all participants, fans/players/coaches rely on the assumption that the games outcomes are determined in fair, unbiased competition. Fine the zebras. When $ is at risk, behavior changes accordingly, and performances enhance

...unless you're albert haynesworth of course.

18. LTrules

LTrules Banned

Branch left NE and was terrible for Seattle, he came back and is very good again? Is that due to officiating? IDK, this argument is not winning me over (not that it needs to at all). I just think Bill coaches really well and yes due to the Parcells influence.

19. ppls17

ppls17 Member

Im sure the hof qb has had nothing to do with branches overrated success. Although it does help him when he can catch td passes on clear pick plays. Wait thanks for helping me prove my point.
    I guess a great coach is someone who can convince the refs not to call picks or holds i mean they cant possible hold they have a good coach those jets players held themselves to the ground

20. LTrules

LTrules Banned

WEAK!!! He was called for a pick that Gruden and Co. said was not a PICK and you can call holding on every play. I am not buying that Manning and Brady get all the calls, they are just better than everyone else. Are you saying that Pass Int. call vs. their huge TE was wrong too? Just give Brady his due, he is the best in the game today, and maybe ever. He'll be retired in 5-6 years but until then he not the officials give NE a huge advantage.