Last Nights Officiating...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Your wasting your time iwth johnny he's too busy cleaning the shit off his leg to actually understand what your saying.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahaha no shit

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

In general, certain teams, be it because of reputation or whatever are far more often the beneficiaries of the officials largesse.

Baltimore, and NE are two of them.

I know this anecdote is hardly what a normal person would call proof, but go back to week one and two.

The officials throw 13 flags at us in week one, and for all intents and purposes help Baltimore win that game.

Fast forward one week....

Now, in that game the calls certainly did go against Baltimore, but the fact that Lewis was so freaked out over it, is fairly indicative that he's not used to taking such treatment.

(Unlike say....James Harrison (who does deserve it BTW))

4. jonnyd

ok so my conspiracy theory people, please finish wiht your most rational thoughts the follwing sentence.....

REFEREES IN THE NFL CHEAT FOR TOM BRADY/THE PATRIOTS BECAUSE...........

5. LTrules

LTrules Banned

Let me reiterate...I cannot believe this thread has any legs, the score was 45-3, refs were hardly the problem.

6. jonnyd

DUDE DUDE DUDE, I usually agree with you, especially in other forums but lemme get this straight. The fact that Baltimore, according to Lewis got robbed by the officials does NOT serve as proof your theory is wrong? It proves that your theory is so right that when for some reason the conspiracy fails to operate correctly, its mind boggling to the usual beneficiary of the conspiracy????? Seriously????

7. Barry the Baptist

$$$$$$$

When you have some schlong slurper who endorses fucking Uggs that equals $$$$$$

I'm not on the conspiracy train because Brady isn't the only one they protect but they certainly have let Big Ben take an ass whoopin the last few weeks. Did you see the play he had his foot broken on? It was pretty fucking dirty.

8. Hobbes3259

Which, being your criteria for lovers we know you can identify hands down :wink:

I do agree with you that using the officiating as an excuse is weak.

As a team you have to know that going in, and play better than the other tea, plus the officiating.

But to say that officials don't have certain predilections is to deny reality....

In 'The Jordan Rules" Smith details a conversation between Jordan and Phil Jackson, where they get told who the crew is for that night, and Jordan tells Phil..."Great...We Win"...

It's just a fact.

9. jonnyd

So Tom Brady winning football games helps the NFL get a share of his Uggg commercials?? What?

10. Hobbes3259

Thanks for the hearty chuckle.

I've been sick as a dog for the last three days, and it's always nice to get a laugh out, though I nearly choked on phlegm....

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

And let me reiterate that not a single person in this thread has ever claimed that the refs were the problem Monday night. Have you even read a single post in here or do you just pop in once and a while to post this stupid shit?

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Thanks. I thoought about responding to that too, but just wasn't in the mood.

I will say this, instead of rewatching the game, I went and read our game threads since I wasn't on that night, and it is shocking to see how many non-calls or bullshit calls there were early on. It's rare that in a game thread so many people agree about the shitty officiating (usually we have some pastry-based named people saying every call was correct, but even that didn't happen).

Made me appreciate even more just how shitty the officiating was.

13. Barry the Baptist

No but the attention it brings in equals dollars, you have a jizz drinker who appeals to the Oprah crowd with his supermodel wife and girly furry boots who may go out and buy a jersey with the #12 and Fagtriots on the front. The NFL does get a share of the jersey sales and quite large from what I understand. When you have somebody who has that type of appeal you may be willing to overlook certain things.

14. LTrules

LTrules Banned

This is sick, are we really blaming the officials for the 45-3 loss? REALLY??

This is embarrassing. Gutless.

15. Hobbes3259

I saw that game.

They didn't get robbed...and he was smoking hot a week after they gave Baltimore a game...

My point is...he was so outraged, because they refs do not usually treat them that way, though they play on the edge of f*ng dirty.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yea, that is what the OP said.:rolleyes:

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I just realized, a sly way to boost your post count to ten, or you just refuse to read the responses.

18. Hobbes3259

Dude, I believe all of this argument has been prefaced with, 'this was te least of the problem', however....as I've endeavored to point out using other examples, some teams and players routinely benefit, and some don't.

It's the teams responsibility to play/prepare accordingly.

Blaming officials for sucking is like blaming water for being wet.

Acknowledging it is just reason.

19. LTrules

LTrules Banned

The officials had zero to do with the fact that Rex had no respect for Brady and what he could do. Brady at home is unbeatable, his record shows it. Way to beat him is to keep his behind off the field not go quick draw for quick draw with him.

20. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Get lost, stealth Pats fan.