Last Nights Officiating...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Agreed. And I think this plays to the fact that this is not a Jets thing, it's a Pats thing. Can anyone point to a game since the tuck where the Pats have been on the short end of the calls? Even if it happens occasionally, they are far more often the beneficiaries of the calls, whether they're playing the Jets, the Dolphins, the Bills, the Ravens, the Lions...

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think there was a false start. The center snapped it before anyone was expecting, but that's the start of the play. The refs blew the whistle because Brady was about to get fucking annihilated by about 4 Jets.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

We all know that the officiating in Pats games is different than any other game. The Jets got spanked last night and nobody is denying that, but why can't there ever be an even playing field with the Pats. Brady gets protected to an insane level. He is touched and a flag is thrown. The Pats OL was tackling the Jets on some plays, yet not a single holding penalty. Brady is very very good, but when he is given time like that, there is no way a team is beating them.

The non calls on the Pats were very telling. It did not have a bearing on the game, but as a Jets fan to see it happen game after game with the Pats is very frustrating. It started with the tuck call in 2001 and has not ended yet. Isn't Kraft on the competition committee? When Shula was on the competiton committee the same thing would happen in Fins games. They would lead the league in least penalties year after year.

The Jets have been hosed in many games this year. The Ravens game was a joke and the Packers game was also as was the Broncos game.

And by the way - the pass in the corner was a TD and would not have been reversed. One knee equals two feet - his knee hit before the arm went OB.

4. If we go on the premise that the ball was snapped early, and it's not a snap infraction, Brady had not set himself for the snap. Would that constitute a penalty? He was not expecting the snap.

5. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

So many say that the officiating has been terrible. But it is never terrible for some teams like the Patriots. They never have had to complain about BS calls because there are never any BS calls that go against them. A few of those calls, non-calls that went against the Jets and in favor of the Patriots happen early in the game. Even if they happen after the game was out of reach the refs job is still to make the right calls.

There is can be no denying that the refs always favor the pats. Bob Kraft has definitely something to do with it. I am convinced that the game is not fair anymore and it's fixed. If it wasn't we wouldn't have seen so many calls, non-calls go against the Jets and not even one BS call against the pats. That just can happen if the refs are just making mistakes. And it happens with every game the pats play.

I am getting close to where I will stop watching football. I can take losing because the other team played better but not this kind of one-sided officiating.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm pretty sure he was standing there looking over the defense and then the ball was in his chest. I don't remember it well enough because the steam started coming out my ears when they got a "do over".

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I have no idea what that was and I don't care to find out what it was either. It was bullshit however you want to slice. Again to all the faggot NE trolls that are gonna make an account just to post in the fucking thread IT HAD NO BEARING ON THE GAME. It's still bullshit. Oh well just something you gotta get used to playing vs. NE or Ind.

8. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

They ruled a fumble a simultaneous possession before they unraveled a scrum in Lions/Bears game. Don't remember that ever being called before on a fumble.

It was a horseshit call, even if it did go the Lions' way.

9. CBS being in a financial partnership with the Pats in Patriots Place (an arrangement no network has with any other team) could be a factor.

Then there's the financial relationship ESPN has with Patriots ownership, and no other franchise. That relationship even had Mike Florio saying something about it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...riots-create-an-obvious-conflict-of-interest/

The fact that the NFL is in working partnerships with the networks, and a large bulk of league revenues come from television, should raise some eyebrows.

10. Sounds like the Jets/Packers game.

11. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Were you annoyed when McCourty was face masked after his interception and it wasn"t called?

12. Sciz

Sciz New Member

It happens. The OPI on the Pats was questionable as well. I don't see how anyone can question Tate's TD though.

13. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Why doesn't Rex send the REFS or the commissioner the tapes of the bad non calls? If they were that bad, even though it wouldn't made any difference in the game atleast the would recognize that they f'd up and everyone knows it.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yes .. Yes I was. I want it called right down the middle. If it's a good call I can live with it and they should have thrown a flag.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That one was atrocious.

I've never seen an officiating crew hand a team a new play and take away an opportunity from a defense before a play began.

Its just unfair. The league won't acknowledge that play.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

Why would I be?

17. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

hey tomi if your a pats fan kiss my ass if you think that game was called fairly. go on pucker up

18. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

Drop the conspiracy theory guys..Pats do NOT get "all the calls".
    I don't mean this to be a jerk, but a)their team is simply more professional and you don't hear the whining (because players follow suit with their HC)..and b) the pats tend to be winners so they don't have to whine as much.

With the Jets (and many other organizations) you hear them talk about how great they are before and after games, you hear alot of trash talk, and of course, when things go wrong, you hear alot more about it. You simply don't with the Pats. When they talk too much, they're shipped outta town (Randy).

Plenty of calls go against the Pats.

You realize we had a fumble called dead? Mayo legit stripped the ball from the ball carrier who was being held up by a group of pats defenders.

Also, one of your passes was called incomplete..where you clearly made the catch, got hit, fumbled..and really it would have went for 6. Commentators noted..and after watching replay it was definitely the case, but it was not reviewable.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You do realize the whistle was blown because Greene was held up for about 4 seconds and Mayo stripped the ball after whistle? Your commentators commented that was why there was no strip.

The fumble in question is just that, obviously in slow motion it appeared that it could have been a catch but he never had complete possesion of the ball before making a "football move". We've been through this.

20. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

4 seconds is exaggerating...And regardless, I'm 100% sure we'd be talking about how we got lucky and how that killed possible change in momentum if the roles were reversed and it was a Jet fumble that was denied on that play.

But fair enough, there are questionable calls against the Pats pretty frequently..I could name quite a few big ones this year....of course this is watching it as a Pats fan. Definitely the difference in organizations is why you won't hear Brady, WW, or BB for that matter on the podium talking about them in post-game conference, regardless of how critical they could have been..and I'm proud of that/love BB's approach.

Rex tells you how great his CB is (and ends up paying for it)..how great his team is, how he's gonna lead the team in wins, how he's here to kick Belichick's ass....which I won't lie is pretty entertaining...but the team follows suit.