Ladanian is Ladone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Jun 20, 2010.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Compare this to his 2006 highlights.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qnCrngv4Io[/youtube]

2. skeleton_frames

Wait a second...when the Jets signed LT, they didn't get Doc Brown to fire up the Dolorian and grab LT from 5 years ago? What next? We didn't get the early 2000s Jason Taylor? Well, shit.

[​IMG]

3. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

There are plenty worse on here... lol

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Joe McKnight.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Wouldn't you know, we also got Sanchez 2 years from now this season.

7. TexasJetFan

TexasJetFan New Member

One of my first posts here and honestly only recently became a Jets fan because of LT so hopefully I don't get roasted too bad because I've followed football all of my life. The signing may or may not work out for both parties, but thats yet to be determined. One thing that is certain though is that you won't get a more motivated person than him and we all know what happens to the great ones when they fall from grace. Being a huge Jordan fan, I can remember when he coughed up the ball against Orlando in his comeback season and people questioned whether he would ever regain it or not. He did and won 3 more championships. L.T. is cut from a different cloth from most guys I've ever come across if you don't know his story. Not saying he's Jordan, but he will outwork everyone to prove that he is one of the greatest backs thats ever played the game. I won't make predictions on numbers or anything like that, but you'll get a much better player than a lot of guys on this board think.

#107 TexasJetFan, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  8. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I thought LT looked good in the drills at the New Stadium last Wednesday but I'm definitely not a football talent evaluator.

But Mike T and the Jets have some fairly good ones. If LT can serve his purpose as a second back and 3rd down back, he will be fine.

I don't think anyone here is expecting a career year from LT. ANd besides, god forbid Greene goes down, we still have LT and McKnight along with Washington and one hell of a good O-line.

I hate these "The sky is falling" articles by beat writers.

9. TexasJetFan

TexasJetFan New Member

One thing I'll also add, San Diego's line was indeed terrible last year. There were other factors in him having a down year including the fact that he's not 27 anymore, but they were terrible up front. I watched maybe about 6 Jets games last year and I noticed that the Jets ran a lot of counter plays in addition to the power game. The Chargers did almost none of that. With the defensive minds today, you better have a great counter-action game in addition to your base play packages. This is the one thing I haven't seen mentioned a lot. Schotty seems to be a lot like Cam Cameron where he looks to confuse to the defense to make the lineman actually have an edge.

10. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Don't forget Danny Woodhead - that guy is a beast.

11. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

1) I'm so tired of these part time Jets fans and part time football pundits lamenting the loss of TJ. Don't get me wrong, I like TJ as a player but he was never a great running back. At his best he was a good durable back. LT at 60-70% is still a better back than TJ ever was.
    2) I saw LT play behind that line last year. That is a poor to bad run blocking line...good pass protection but that's about it. Not to mention a high ankle sprain that can take months to heal properly.
    3) LT is not being asked to be the #1 back (every wannabe writer seems to overlook this).
    4) LT is still younger than TJ. Any drop off LT would have at this point is going to be even more likely for TJ.

Any "journalist" that writes this kind of piece is a fucking idiot.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Im more worried about Shonn Greene's play style.

Of course we are all fans of it, but he needs to either play through the pain, or tone it down a little bit.

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Rex actually paid this guy to write this crap...

Then posted it on LT's fridge for the rest of the offseason.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

um we traded washington to seattle big guy.
    1 beer on you

15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

neither did davis harris ... i dont see any posts complaining about his insurance policy

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

maybe he means that chauncey washington guy that will probably never see the field.

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

like dude said earlier ...

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That is one of the worst articles I have ever seen. LT MAY be done but that is an article that should have been written months ago, has he done anything in the offseason to show he is done? It's an asinine article.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He doesn't run fast enough in non contact off season drills.

Sarcasm by the way.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I gotta admit, seeing LT play last year, he looked cooked, done, finished!! Never in a million years would I want him on my team after seeing him in the playoffs. I guess I drank the Jet kool aid and believe them when they say the role here will benefit him and the Jets. I can't see him as the # 1 RB, I see him as role player like Leon. But geez, give him a chance to show what he's got, not can him after one OTA