Kyle Wilson...what a difference a year makes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeWillie130, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

After shooting himself in the leg and spending the last 2 years in prison, I think Kyle Wilson did really good.

2. 624

624 Banned

Kyle Wilson had a really good game considering he missed all of last year with a ruptured achilles.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Kyle Wilson and Rex Ryan don't look anything alike despite being twins.

4. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I just looked at his stats. He's 3" taller than he was last year. Still a growing boy.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

What Mick said. The sarcastic one.

6. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

cuz you wanna go down on both of them?

7. Jetsring2013

Jetsring2013 Banned

Is Kyle Wilson going to be better than Revis because he improved in his second year? Has that ever happened before?

8. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I'm very excited about Kyle this year. He is going to have so many opportunities to make plays in this defense. I hope that our plans come to through and we have 3 starting caliber CBs.

9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

He should play WR. We all know it's physically impossible to cover a tall WR.

10. Tenn_JetsFanatic

Kyle played a good consistent game

11. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I saw Wilson on the TE a few times 1 on 1 and he did great. That is not an easy task.

Sent from my EVO 3D

12. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

^ I'd like to see more of this. TE's have been such a pain in the ass for us, routinely making our safeties and LBs look silly. I'd like to see more of Wilson matching up with them, especially in obvious passing situations when we're spread out.

13. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Imagine how good he could be if he was black.

---
    seriously though, I can't see anything wrong with the OP

14. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I think that means your gay!

I am pretty sure the new gay test is that they show you two pictures, one of Kate Upton and one of Kyle Wilson. And If the person points to one of them and says "hey, I think that's Kyle Wilson" then their gay. A strait man never knows there are two photos in front of him.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Me too. And if Wilson keeps playing well, it is awesome to think what a great secondary the team has/will have. (Although E Smith did not play quite as well as I had hoped, but I digress.)

Keep it up Kyle.

16. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

It does not shock me to see K-Dub improved dramatically. All it really was early on last year was him not getting his head around fast enough. As a result he was victimized early, no corner in the NFL can faceguard all day long and not get beaten consistently against NFL QB's and NFL WR's.

Now that we have seen K-Dub play extremely well, its time to see it continue. He is going to be very good for us this year as long as he is consistent, especially if its to the level he played at Sunday night.

As far as covering the TE's, I think its worth a shot to try a couple things this week against Jacksonville. Try Kyle Wilson on Marcedes Lewis, maybe with Eric Smith over top. Then I really want to see this, I want to see Cromartie take on Lewis with Wilson covering the #2 on the outside. Jax has a subpar group of receivers. Since Wilson proved he can go up 1 on 1 with elite receivers, at least in spot duty when Revis and Cro went out with cramps, he should be able to handle Mike Thomas when Cro is covering the TE.

I think it could work despite Cro's lack of physicality. His length and speed essentially neutralizes the advantages of the elite TE. Then you saw Wilson showed he can hold his own against Miles Austin and Dez Bryant (injured, but still playing) on the outside. He won't see much better all season than that on the outside. Plus I have extreme confidence with Strickland covering the slot. So it's not like the #3 receiver will be the guy to totally terrorize us if we move Wilson outside and put Cro on the TE.

I think it could work, and most importantly, it might force Cro to play more physical, which would only make him the best he could be.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

He was never going to be a bad player. People just like to overreact if a rookie does not come out and become a game changer right away.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this.

70% of TGG is guilty of exactly that.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I know I got tired of defending him for so long. No rookie is starting over Revis and Cro and he did show enough that he would be good. He was a great player in college and even experts after last season were saying he was going to improve and showed good skills. But everyone on TGG thought they knew better. I remember people complaining about Revis his rookie season.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yep.

We're going through the same process with Ducasse right now.