Kobe Bryant Passed Away.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Petrozza, Jan 26, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Maybe she’s a big Dr Dre fan?
    Having a hard time with the intent on this one. Sorry but just can’t do the evil racist here. I hope she is forgiven for a mishap and goes on to have a good life because of it goes the other way and her life crashes and never recovers at least one more racist will be created from her contempt.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How something is perceived does not define the intent, meaning and reality of the situation. If an emotionally unstable person or simply a person with low cognitive ability have a flawed perception of reality, their perception is wrong. It doesn’t become true simply because they believe it. There is only “truth” which is based on empirical facts, not the “my truth” that desires to validate everyone’s individual perception of reality even when those individual perceptions conflict with each other and reality.

FJF likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think people are burned at the stake a little bit too quickly as a whole in this country. But if the golden standard is to do so, why should this case be analyzed in its own vacuum because she came out and claims a mistake?

Intent doesn't always save your mistake. She wasn't held at gun point. She said it. She should be criticized. And the reason she claims she made the mistake is simply not believable. She had a better chance saying she heard some guy say it on the street and it stuck in her head or something

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ok, well talk facts. the "empirical fact" is that the word used was the N-word. I don't think its true that only people of low cognitive ability get pissed about that term

5. BrowningNagle

She did apologize and that's cool. I hope she has a nice life too. But T.V. is not for her. We have lots of jobs in this country

6. FJF

Well, I mean , if not this time, when? We can just use the “ well, this is how we always do it” excuse for everything. Good thing we didn’t always have that attitude though, no?

7. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't disagree. But I don't think that mentality is changing with the media. Not sure why she's exempt when she said something that would offend tons of people.

Put it into a little bit more context too. The only reason she wasn't fired that day is because of where she works. Can you imagine the line of pitch forks outside the building if this came out of a Fox News anchor?

#107 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  8. JetBlue

No, that’s not a fact. Anyone with any semblance of honesty can hear the “k” sound in the middle of the word.

Our very argument disputes your idea that perception dictates fact. We both perceive the sound being made differently, yet we can’t both be right, therefore perception doesn’t reflect anything but our cognitive abilities, hearing abilities, emotional stability and intellectual honestly, amongst other things. I can hear the K clearly at regular speed, but it’s clear as day when slowed down at 2:57 in the below video. The question is will you resort to an ad hominem and criticize The Amazing Lucas rather than address the actual audio, propose a conspiracy theory that the slowed down audio is fake, or simply claim you don’t hear at slow speed what is clearly audible?

9. BrowningNagle

so...its your real take that people who listen to her and hear the N-word are of "low cognitive ability"?

and I don't even know who "the Amazing Lucas" is, let alone criticize him/her/it? that's a strange one there. Like preparing yourself for an argument that's not gonna happen or something

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  10. JetBlue

No, because my initial reaction was that she said the N word. Then I heard the slowed down audio and didn’t think she said it because I am intellectually honest and can admit my initial perception was wrong. And once you hear the slowed down audio you can clearly hear the K at regular speed.

it’s my take that if someone hears the slowed down audio but continues to argue it’s not a K sound and she said the N word, they likely have low cognitive ability, are emotionally unstable, have hearing problems or are simply intellectually dishonest, amongst other potential issues.

11. BrowningNagle

ah, ok, cool bro. Pat yourself on the back, job well done lol

12. JetBlue

I’m not sure what I’ve done other than avoid going deaf.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't know how you can put yourself on a pedestal as the honesty king, post that clip, and still advocate for the fact that you heard a K sound. Slowed down, sped up, high quality or low quality it's pretty clear what she said.

You're being dishonest with yourself if you heard anything else than the derogative term.

14. FJF

I’ve considered the Fox News channel angle and yea it would have been ugly. As for the rest, I think we come full circle on this topic so I’m out. No mater the circumstances this thread devolved from where it started and the track it should have stayed on. I apologize for my part in that.
    Rip Kobe.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  15. JetBlue

Not even close. But you are well within your rights to try to pretend it is so you can have something to be outraged by. Modern society has made life so easy that we don’t have to struggle to survive; our struggle is to be meaningful. But without real conflicts to pursue we create fantasy conflicts to keep us engaged and feel important.

keep fabricating your boogeyman so you can pretend you have meaning in place of actually being meaningful.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

The majority of the public world tends to agree with me. There's a 100,000+ person petition calling for her firing. So who is creating the Boogeyman?

17. JetBlue

It’s hard to argue that in a world of 3 billion people and a country 300 million that 100,000 is anywhere close to a majority. Sounds like a fringe group of bored hysterics that need something to be outraged by so you have something to feel important about. And you just admitted you are of that like mind. Well done.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Where did I admit anything? I would never sign something like that, nor have I ever done so.

I didn't realize that we had such a brilliant mind in our presence here at TGG. But realistically you're defending a white women on a liberal news station that said the N-Word. And your only true argument is that your high functioning mind can differentiate things better than others.

Here's a step stool. It'll make it easier to get off the pedestal you put yourself on.

[​IMG]

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

She should be fired for not knowing the fuckin team is called the Lakers anyway

that’s like accidentally calling the NY Yankees a racial slur. How is that possible

20. JetBlue

It’s still a better argument than what you have attempted.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon

just as most people who are unaware of their intellectual shortcomings, you had no idea that the argument ad populum is by the very nature of reasoning a bad argument, and yet you championed it as if you were actually proving a point.