Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Teams share information all the time.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Honeymoon period. Remember that Maccagnan made a bunch of tantalizing trades in his first couple weeks with the Jets too and everyone fell in love with him.

FJF likes this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I don't think we get him. Would be very happy signing McCown and Bridgewater. Though I think Bridgewater goes to Arizona with a half guarentee to start. No one to compete against there. With McCown he'd have competition. I have no problem resigning McCown but I'd want another qb besides our draft pick to compete against him. If not Bridgewater McCarron but I think same thing as Bridgewater why come to the Jets if they have McCown. I want to start and I think McCarron goes to Buffalo.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

But on the face of it, a team's diluting the value of its pick. For example, you're the Browns and you've already picked your QB at #1. Why wouldn't it be be better to play possum with the #4 pick and let two QB-needy teams sweat it out among themselves?

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The latter part of what you described is not devaluing the pick, quite the contrary.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not knowing who reached out to the Browns keeps the QB-needy teams playing chicken with each other. QB-needy teams that know that the coveted pick above them is not going to be spent on a QB can sit back (pick value watered-down).

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

it's 11:59, anybody know Kirk Cousins' cellphone #?

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I think the plan is Teddy or McCown, not both.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, but Dorsey has a track record of having a great eye for talent and he backed those trades up with some great drafting. He built KC's team/loaded it with talent.

Here's a great article that I think gives a very fair evaluation of Dorsey. http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/john_dorseys_5_offseasons_with.html

The only thing I don't like is that he brings in too many players who are serious character risks.

I didn't remember, but he played in the NFL for Green Bay. He was a 4th round pick in 1984. He played LB and on STs. He still holds the Packers STs record of 34 tackles in a season (1984). His playing career ended in 1989 due to a knee injury. In 1991 he was hired by the Packers as a college scout. In 1997 he became their Director of College Scouting. He followed Mike Holmgren to Seattle in January 1999 and became the Seahawks Director of Player Personnel. He resigned in 2000 and returned to the Packers as Director of College Scouting. He continued in that position until 2012 when he was named Director of Football Operations. Notable players or players the Packers drafted while he was Director of College Scouting who started and/or stayed with the Packers for 7 years or more, or are still in the league, are Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Greg Jennings, Bubba Franks, Chad Clifton, Na'il Diggs, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Mark Tauscher, Robert Ferguson, Bhawoh Jue, Craig Nall, Javon Walker, Najeh Davenport, Aaron Kampman, Nick Barnett, Kenny Peterson, Hunter Hillenmeyer, Christ Johnson, Ahmad Caroll, Joey Thomas, Corey Williams, Scott Wells, Nick Collins, Brady Poppinga, AJ Hawk, Daryn Colledge, Will Blackmon, Johnny Jolly, James Jones, Allen Barbre, Mason Crosby, Desmond Bishop, Clark Harris, Jordy Nelson, Josh Sitton, Breno Giacomini, Matt Flynn, BJ Raji. TJ Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Morgan Burnett, Marshall Newhouse, Randall Cobb, Davon House, Lawrence Guy, . During his time as Director of College Scouting, the Packers became one of the best drafting teams in the NFL.

In January 2013 he became GM of the Chiefs. He hired Andy Reid as HC. Notable players he drafted for the Chiefs are Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce, Dee Ford, Phillip Gaines, Zach Fulton, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Marcus Peters, Mitch Morse, Chris Conley, Steve Nelson, Ramik Wilson, Tyreek Hill, Patrick Mahomes, and Kareem Hunt. He missed on some players too, but that's a pretty good haul in 5 drafts. I used the following article. https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...n-John-Dorsey-made-in-the-NFL-Draft-112328382

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The same month we got Idzik because Woody wouldn't allow the next GM to fire Rex after Tanny got the axe. o_O

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

As a Wisconsin native, I feel I should point out that GB is notorious for collecting draft picks, and screwing up high selections. Because they let so many good players go in free agency, they get mid round picks a lot, so naturally, some of those turn out pretty well, making that list look pretty good.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wonder how things are going at One Jets Drive right now? Wish I could be a fly on the wall watching. Must be intense.

13. NCJetsfan

Good point, but still, one has to make the right choices with those mid round picks, and overall Dorsey did a great job. Also, one has to keep in mind that Dorsey wasn't the Packers' GM during that time, and wasn't making decisions regarding re-signing players and FAs. During that time, the following were the Packers' GMs: Ron Wolf (2000), Mike Sherman (HC/GM) (2001-2004), and Ted Thompson (2005 - 2017). They were the ones making the decisions to let players leave in FA.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Jets were first to call but got put on hold when Minnesota rang.

:eek:

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I see you did your research lol. Yeah time will tell with them.

16. NCJetsfan

Yes, even though some posters here try to discredit me and say I have no idea what I'm talking about, I almost always do research to back up my opinions. Sometimes, my research shows that my initial opinions/thoughts were wrong. That's cool too. I like learning, and having interesting discussions. Thanks.

17. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Spoiler Alert: I predict Cousins will sign with the Denver Broncos.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Cousins wrote a farewell letter to redskins fans.

At the end he tagged 3 teams in the post. Vikings, Jets, and Redskins.

Hmmmmmmm

Jets_Grinch and The Dark Knight like this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Accidentally, right? Wow, his agent is clever.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Have this awful feeling the Jets are going to be duped and wasting their time.

NYJalltheway likes this.