Kipers draft 4/13/22

Discussion in 'Draft' started by IDFjet, Apr 13, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I know how you feel i just completely disagree and see the opposite. i'm not the only one either. his stock has fallen as of late

Noam likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm not high on london either personally

3. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

MIMS ...is taking shit seriously. Hes gonna have a big year, I bet on that. One of our wr , is already here.....ITS MIMS....WATCH!

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That would be great. But as with Becton, I'll believe it when he shows it on the field in games. Both of these guys put themselves in this position, and have only themselves to blame. I will say this: at least Mims is keeping a low profile and not engaging in Twitter wars and seems to be letting his work do the talking - as he should. Becton should take a hint.

Red Menace and Leicester Jet like this.
  5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Burks has gotten better every year, plays in a tough college division, has some of the best top end speed of any WR in football.

I believe he also fits the Jets scheme the best of all the WR.

Moore, Burks, Davis, Berrios can be an excellent wide receiver group for Jets in addition to the TE they signed.

I would be very happy with Burks as a NY Jet.

Rockinz likes this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I completely agree that he’s the best fit. He will help Wilson so much by being a go to target. His ability with the football in his hands is truly special. His tape against NFL caliber prospects is also impressive.

The Alabama, Ol Miss, Texas A&M and Auburn film really showed me how special this player is and how he would fit our group of WRs

Jojo and Red Menace like this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Kiper Analysis espn+ article--rates NYJ as top winner thus far

Wow, what a night. I wrote in my final Round 1 mock draft that there would be chaos, and it didn't look that way after the first 10 picks. Then we just kept getting trade after trade, and my head was spinning trying to keep track of which team was picking where.

The first round of the 2022 NFL draft did not disappoint. It was the second time in draft history that the first five picks were used on defensive players (1991). That included two corners in the top four for the first time in the common draft era. And we had nine draft-day trades, which is the most in a first round since 2010 (and we only got three of them last year). Oh, and there was only one quarterback.

There were a few picks I loved and a few that surprised me (including one really big reach). Below are the picks I liked and didn't like from the first round. I'm basing these on my rankings and how I have prospects graded, along with whether teams got value with their selections.

Come back Saturday night for my post-draft grades for all 32 teams. And we'll be back for Rounds 2 and 3 on Friday (7 p.m. ET on ESPN, ABC and the ESPN App).

[​IMG]
    Winners from Round 1
    [​IMG]
    New York Jets
    The picks: Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (No. 4); Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (No. 10) and Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State (No. 26)

I'm a big fan of these three picks. The Jets got my top-ranked corner and top-ranked wide receiver in the top 10, and then they got a potential steal late in the night in Johnson. Gardner is going to shut down one side of the field. He's long and fast, and he didn't allow a single touchdown as the primary defender in his collegiate career.

Wilson is only 6-foot, so he's not a huge red-zone target like Drake London, but he plays bigger because of his long arms, leaping ability and excellent body control to come down with acrobatic catches. He's going to help Zach Wilson complete easy passes because of his ability to run after the catch. And by the way, Wilson is the first receiver the Jets have taken in Round 1 since Santana Moss in 2001.

Johnson slid -- he is my 11th-ranked prospect -- and the Jets pounced, trading pick Nos. 35, 69 and 163 for Nos. 26 and 101. I thought it was possible they could have taken him at No. 10 if the board fell differently, so this is a home-run class so far for general manager Joe Douglas. And he still gets an early pick on Day 2 (No. 38) to get another starter.

stinkyB likes this.