Kiper says we will get Golden Tate.. agree?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dmarz45, Feb 6, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah, and he had Revis at 25 before that.

Its too early for any of this to mean anything.

2. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

The only receiver I would want in this draft is REJUS Benn, this guy never goes down on initial contact, adjust well to make plays, catches away from his body. See for yourselves

http://www.youtube.com/heisBENN

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

A nice head hunting safety would be good that late in the first.

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

If we want to beat the Colts, we need another CB, and then either a safety or pass rusher. Ryan uses 6 DB's in some games. We are already thin with Sheppard and Strickland likely gone.

The "draft experts" always seem to have the Jets taking a WR, and they are always wrong. I think the Jets will look to find another WR, but on day two. Wait until day two, you have a shot at finding a jewel at WR... much more difficult to find an immediate starter at CB, S, DE or OLB (pass rusher) after the first two rounds.

The Jets had a terrible passing offense mostly because of Sanchez, the INT's and conservative play calling. The Jets just didn't pass very much last year. Ryan said he expected more balance on offense next year.

Ryan bowed to Woody last year and got the star QB. He's gonna go defense.

5. mrgoose

mrgoose Member

Some good points, Thunderbird. Right now, our #1 priority should be to design a team capable of beating the Colts in January. I remember after the Rams knocked the Eagles out of the NFCCG in 2001 with their Greatest Show On Turf passing attack, the Eagles spent their first TWO pics on CBs - Lito Shepard and Sheldon Brown (2002 NFL Draft). Their objective - to match up better with the Rams the following January. When you are as close as we are, you MUST tailor your team to break through against the team that stands in your way.

While I like the concept of taking the BPA, we should give special attention to the CB position.

#65 mrgoose, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  6. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Golden Tate and Santana are nothing alike except for maybe height. Tate is a converted running back and thats what makes him such an amazing WR, his run after the catch. Hes tough. Santana was soft and only good for screens and bombs. Tate will go across the middle and lower his shoulder. Tate compares more favorably to Steve Smith of the panthers, and Steve Smith is a tiny beast.

7. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

based on watching highlights I agree. Moss plays soft. He shies away from contact and goes down when about to get hit. tate has a steve smith type toughness I saw.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Who did Kiper say we would take last season?

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he had Sanchez at 17 during the combine, before Mark's stock blew up.

I'm not sure who he picked come april.

He seems to get the Jets right more often than not.

06 he had Brick and Mangold perfectly. In 07, he had Revis at 25 until his stock blew up and then had Revis at 15 where he would have gone if the Jets didn't trade up. 08 he had McFadden, then he had Gholston the closer we got to the draft.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Not much of a college football guy, but the fact that his first name is Golden makes me want him.

When he scores a touchdown, we'll be like, "ohhh that was Golden!" or something.

#70 LeonNYJ, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Can't see us investing more $ at WR when we need help way more in the DL/CB positions.
    My guess is NO.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. We need to have Jenkins playing less snaps. Putting Tate in the slot allows us to build a big time ball control offense....

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

putting anyone capable in the slot can have the offense on the field for longer. But its the running game that runs down the clock not the passing game.

Jenkins can play less snaps with the capable Pouha behind him and the Jets will find someone else in this draft.

I think Cody will be at 29 with the weight issues. Cody will love playing for a guy like Ryan, but he's a little immature and needs a mentor... that's where Jenkins comes in.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We need a Defensive end to get to the QB so we don't have to blitz and much and another Cb that can play man and ball hawk. A wr can be found in the third round. Ala Jerico Cotchery!

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

IDK, I think we should go CB in the first, DL in the second and OL in the third. WR is not a top priority as we have two excellent WRs already. I just think we can acquire a decent slot WR via FA (cuts).

16. GreenMachine

We are discussing the Jets, not the Cowboys.

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You have 50 mil tied up in your 1st year QB.

You had the number one overall defense last year, WITHOUT Kris Jenkins.

You have a gaping hole at the slot, with Stuckey's departure.

You draft a QB you have to give him weapons that can't be taken away by the other teams top two cover guys.

It also takes longer to fully develop offensive skill players than it does defenders, so it makes far more sense to get that last piece of the offensive puzzle now.

18. JetsLookingforDWare

1. You can find a slot guy who can produce right away.

2. If that guy doesn't produce immediately, can you say bust? WRs bust alot.

3. We did give that QB a guy who can't be taken out by a teams top two cover guys. That guy is Dustin Keller. Dustin Keller will outproduce whoever our slot guy is.

4. We had the number D without Jenkins, so imagine with him or having someone who can be a high upside, quality replacement for him if/when he goes down.

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Anyone know what round Freddie Barnes is projected to go ?

Id much rather see the jets scoop him up then blow their first rounder on a guy who would be a # 3 wr

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The draft forum is a nice place to find the answer to this kind of question...

For some reason, Freddie Barnes didn't get invited to the combine, so in order for him to go higher than the 3rd, a team will have to really love what they see in his private workouts.

I think we'll see him go in the 4th or 5th.