Kiawanuka

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Mar 11, 2006.

1. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Actually he is dropping because his level of production went down towards the end of this past season. He hasnt been the same since he suffered that cheap shot against Virginia. His combines have also dropped him but thats because he has a bad ankle due to that play so he is slower. He doesnt do well in bench press because he has really long arms, people who are tall suck at the bench press compared to short +stocky fellas.

Im a ND fan and the only defensive player who I found tougher that we played last year was AJ Hawk and theyre at different positions. I dont know much about Tamba Hali and I already said Mario Williams is better than Kiawanuka. However Ive seen Kiwi play and he is the real deal. Also where did I say anything about his size? However thats just a positive about him.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Oh... Now I remember. You're right.

3. KJet84

KJet84 Member

Another thing with the bench press is that the way the NFL does it now, it focuses more on muscle endurance and not muscle strength. For anyone that lifts, you know there is a big difference. It doesn't bother me that a QB did mor ebecause I would love to see those QBs not even come close to Kiwi if it was for a one rep max. They switched over from the one rep max to the repping of 225 because players were injuring themselves trying too much weight. People forget that football is about short bursts...from the snap to when the QB releases the ball is only a few seconds...so don't concentrate so much on the combine bench press. He has all the tools but I agree that he is inconsistant as well..DBrick made him look stupid at the senior bowl and that really worries me. I feel that we should stay away from Kiwi in the draft and instead look at more of a 3-4 OLB like Julian Peterson. He woudl be expensive but with this increased cap room..who knows?