Kerry Rhodes (BENCHED!)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HarveyTheJetFan, Nov 25, 2009.

1. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

I dont think this is true. In the article they spelled defense wrong. So i dont know what credibitly this has.

2. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

its on glazer's twitter. im pretty sure its good. hes not too bad with the facts and is actually one of the few guys out there that doesnt hate the jets

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

A most excellent development.

4. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

For all those anxious to see Rex Ryan improve as a head coach, this is an important week. He puts his OC on notice and he benches the most underperforming player on the team. That's improvement. It might not translate to wins immediately, but these are the actions we need in a head coach.

I smell Parcells, just because this seems like the EXACT same thing Sporano did to Joey Porter. You talk too much, you don't back it up, you get benched.

Also, I'll bet somebody showed Kerry's "Vote for me for the pro bowl!" tweet to Rex.

5. Heavy Metal Thunder

I want Smith to get a sack, and INT and a few big hits Sunday to cement this thing.

6. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Ryan's talking about it now in his presser

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

We need more Kerry Rhodes threads.

8. Heavy Metal Thunder

Just posted on PFT

In response to the news that the Jets have benched safety Kerry Rhodes, he likely can take some solace in his contract that pays him $20 million guaranteed, right?

Well, not completely.

A league source tells us that a large chunk of Rhodes' guaranteed money is guaranteed for injury only, and not for skill. So if the Jets cut Rhodes, the guaranteed money won't be paid.

So if the Jets opt to sever ties with Rhodes before the 2010 season, he won't earn a $2 million guaranteed (for injury only) roster bonus or a $2.78 million guaranteed (for injury only) base salary.

That's $4.78 million in supposedly guaranteed money that will evaporate if the benching is the first step toward a bumping of Rhodes from the roster.

As Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News points out, Rhodes has yet to register a single impact play in 10 games. He has zero interceptions, no sacks, no forced fumbles, and no fumble recoveries.

Cimini believes that the benching traces to Rhodes' failure to deliver a big hit to Pats receiver Wes Welker on Sunday, during a play in which Welker gained 15 yards.

As Cimini also points out, there are rumblings that Rhodes isn't sufficiently focused on football, given his fledgling acting and modeling career.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/25/rhodes-contract-contains-a-478-million-hole/

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Bout time

Kerry Rhodes first season in Rex Ryan?s defense has been forgettable and now the safety will be benched, according to FOXSports.com?s Jay Glazer.

Glazer reported on his Twitter account that players have told him Rhodes will be replaced in the secondary by Eric Smith. Rhodes, who signed a $33.5 million extension in April 2008, has no interceptions, sacks or forced fumbles this season and five pass deflections.

The biggest headline Rhodes made this season was when he said the Jets should try and ?embarrass? Tom Brady and the Patriots before their Week 2 matchup, which the Jets won. But New England, led by Wes Welker?s 15 catches, got revenge on Sunday by victimizing Rhodes, who got flattened by Welker and RB Laurence Maroney in the 31-14 defeat.

Rhodes has started since his rookie season in 2005. Smith has played off the bench in all 10 games this season and has one interception.

10. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I like that. Wait, that's how every coach I ever had was......About time.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

this is a long time coming.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Parcells definitely took his call.

That's a Bill move

13. lude

lude New Member

Eric Smith.

[​IMG]

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

He got knocked...the fuckout!

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I love Rhodes' tackling technique...with his back. He doesn't even play the ball. If Eric Smith wasn't there, Boldin would've just rolled into the endzone because of the slight push generated by Rhodes' awesome tackling skills.

Pathetic.

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Yeah! The first thing I noticed wasn't how strog Smith (who by the way is playing for a new contract) hit the guy but how poorly Rhodes did.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

RT @capricecrane: 85 Ocho Cinco Condoms are now available. Keep in mind, he only catches 58.8% of the balls thrown to him. I'm just sayin'.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. RSherryJr

RSherryJr New Member

I agree 100%.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

What's pissing me off is how he really hasn't changed his technique from last year to this year in tackling a player when the ball hits opposing receivers hands. It was specially noticeable in the NE game. Every opposing WR has a real strong shot at making a play--a spectacular play--whenever Kerry Rhodes is covering them.