Kentucky Derby 2019

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by CBG, May 2, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They didn’t just go to instant replay. 2 jockeys filed complaints like they are supposed to. This isn’t anything out of the ordinary it just happened to be on national tv so everyone is over reacting as is the only reaction we seem to get anymore.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dunno about all that. I could've sworn I heard it was the first time that has happened in the 100 some year history of the race. I am also not a big horse racing guy but I have a hard time believing its common at race tracks around the country to spend an hour with instant replay to determine the winner of a race. If it is common then I'm glad I'm not a big horse racing guy

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It took 22 minutes. Not one hour. And it is commonplace for a jockey to issue a grievance if he thinks he was impeded on and for the stewards to review the race. This is all in the name of safety, people don’t understand that we were inches away from the end of the Kentucky derby. The pile up and possible carnage that almost occurred happening on live national tv might have ended horse racing forever. I’m not the horse racing spectator I used to be but I am not surprised by what happened. Seems like the only people complaining are the ones that tune in for a max of 3 races a year.

CBG and Ralebird like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Nagle it happens often but it does NOT usual take 22 minutes to decide. They took their time because there was a lot at stake and because there were many more people tuned in then there is on a normal day at say Gulfstream or Belmont. It was definitely a foul and as FJAY and others have said we were very close to having injuries to jockeys and horses in the Derby. As I posted earlier in this thread I said to anyone who called or texted me when this happened " If they do the right thing this is getting taken down and it was a foul "

FJF and BrowningNagle like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's a shame we don't entertain the triple crown races here any longer - especially today when it was a very good day! Checked into my Twin Spires account yesterday and saw I had two bucks left over from last season; I also deposited twenty bucks which got me another ten in free bets for a grand total of 32 to spend. Another promo gave you up to ten bucks back on a win bet if your horse placed or showed; I only used five of it and had the winner!

I had also pared down the list of horses to bet on to nine and put in some combos for the exacta and trifecta and hit the exacta on a two dollar bet. First time ever I'll need to pay taxes! Of the nine horses i played the top five were all there but I didn't have all the combos right - the Superfecta paid over $300 thousand! To box it every way on nine horses would have cost $504.