Kendall traded to Redskins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Aug 23, 2007.

1. MondayNightMiracles

Im so happy we finally got the biggest cry baby off our team, now theres just one left. (J/K Coles)
    I think the Redskins are big on trades that go no where. (do we have a special relationship with spurrier, cause he seems hell bent on turning our trash into DEADSKiNS.)
    Whatever, they can have him....
    In Mangini we trust!

2. MondayNightMiracles

Im just pissed i gatta look at his face every time i go on the boards.:mad:

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I hope Pennington just upped his insurance policy by a few mil.

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

"Because the Jets didn’t get a guard in return from the Redskins, they likely will look to trade for one or see if anyone gets released before the season starts. A possibility could be right guard Keydrick Vincent of Baltimore, who is in his seventh season and started 12 games last year. The Ravens appear to have a surplus of guards, as first-round pick Ben Grubbs currently is starting and second-year player Chris Chester is second-string, with Vincent currently third-string."
    -The Bergen Record

5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Some guy on extremeskins posted that were getting a conditional draft pick for Kendal not a fourth or fifth. Anyone have any insight as to the validity of that statement?

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Yes, it's a 5th that can be a 4th depending on playing time

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Well then hears to Kendal having an injury free season starting for the Skins! :beer:

8. Don

I just read a middle round pick. Probably a 4th or 5th

9. Don

I also read the Jets plan to use Clarke or Bender to replace him..lol. Like I said, I hope Pennington has lots and lots of insurance. What the Jets should really be looking for is a great backup QB right now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2988171

10. Don

I can just see NE planning to line up Thomas over guard on the first passing play the Jets are in and that will be the end of Pennington's year.

11. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Sweet.

I'd guess it's a fifth round.. fourth if he starts a certain percent of games or something.

edit: Well.. if they don't have a 4th round 2008 pick, never mind. Whatever. I'd rather have a 5th round 2008 pick than a 4th in 2009.

#171 GBA, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Well said. It just had to be done.

See yah' later Pete. I wish you could have been happy in New York, but sometimes sh*t happens.

13. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Originally Posted by NYJ2K07
    The Jets will be vulnerable on the left side now, but I think it is the right move.

Think of it as creating balance, since they already are vulnerable on the right side.

14. skupjet

skupjet New Member

The Jets will receive Washington's fifth-round pick in the 2008 draft. However, the pick changes to a fourth-rounder in 2009 if Kendall participates in 80 percent of the Redskins' offensive plays

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

First I heard undisclosed draft pick, then heard fourth round on the radio as well. Not too shabby. Was the lisp a sticking point, I wonder.

16. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

all I can say to Pete Kendall is SEE YA! and Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...

17. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by #28Martin
    You know what totally is getting ignored? That the Jets were screwing Kendall.

The only person's word you have about the Jets promising to renegotiate is Kendall's. If you believe his words entirely then there is nothing anyone can say to change your mind.

Kendall never talks about the fact that the Jets lowered his salary this year by increasing his guaranteed money last year (up tp 5.2M combined in 2006). This practice is done all of the time in the NFL so it's not like the Jets "did something" to Kendall that other teams don't do regularly.

Why would a player take anybody's word in football that isn't in a contact? It is a business after all.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's funny, the only people patting LI JET FAN and #28Martin on the back for realizing that Kendall made that idiotic 'handshake agreement' comment are each other. Maybe they're the same person. The same weak troll.

#178 abyzmul, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  19. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

If Kendall was so keen to get a pay raise for good performance and thought the Jets were cool with that he could have had performance-based escalators in the deal. He didn't, it wasn't a part of the deal, he's just a bitch, and that's that.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This definitely hurts us short term but we got a decent pick and he's out of te division so I guess Tannenbaum did a good job.