Kendall traded to Redskins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

As per jetscentral.com...

Update 11:04pm - Just taking a look at the Redskins draft picks for 2008… they do not have a 4th-round pick in the 2008 draft.

--....uhhh anyone can to shed light on this?

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Fellas, is this 4th Rounder thing official yet? I'm perusing these Kendall threads and have yet to come across any link.

If true, a 4th Rounder is more than I had hoped for, particularly since it's Washington's 4th Round and I dont' see them breaking .500 this year, so that's even more valuable.

But damn, I'm more than a little concerned about the O-line now. I like Bender for his size (Clarke too), but are they ready?

Kurt, where are you? Weigh in please... inquiring minds want reassurance.

And I want to know if this is official and more than just speculation.

#82 Section 227. Row 5, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

hey, aren't you the guy who called the Revis signing?

then you followed up by saying Kendall wasn't going anywhere.

you're 1-2. that ain't bad.

4. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

Was Leon ready last year when we threw him in there. It was baptism by fire and he stepped up, and now this year he's going to be amazing. Bender and Clarke will step up because they want to play and they know if one sucks we can turn to the other. The only way to get experience is to step on that field and play. They'll learn. They'll also be sandwiched between DBrick and Mangold who have great learning curves. I'm not concerned.

5. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

first of all - a FOURTH?!?! We fucking fleeced them. Second of all, it almost makes up, as another psoter said, for the Kevan Barlow crap. and third, profootballtalk is our only source? That worries me a bit.

6. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Tony...U must be smokin'.....Jets' line is better & stronger, at least on my t.v. Kendall is finished & just playing out the string. For Jets' to get a draft pick for him is just like "extra cheese on the pizza".

7. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Every year veterans get cut, especially on the OL. I would have to believe that Tannenbaum has "talked" with certain GM's about who is on the respective bubble, giving him an idea of who we can go after. If you don't think this is done by ALL Front Offices than you are sadly mistaken...

Regarding giving up our playbook to the Redskins....Not possible. Just a last year our O has YET to be installed. Up until this point and even in the pre-season games the Offense is vanilla and geared toward how players match up with one another...You still won't see the true Offense until week 1. Case in point anyone remember seeing the no huddle offense in the preaseason last year. No you did not!!! The real offense gets implemented once camp breaks and practices are closed to the public. That's the reason he had to go now and not later.

A 4th rounder for a 31 year old guard with declining skills is fantastic....

8. skinz30

skinz30 New Member

Still the rumour out of here is a conditional pick from the Skins, meaning a 6th or 7th.

9. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

The trade cannot be for a 2008 4th. Maybe a 2009 or later 4th but the 'Skins don't have a 4th round pick in 2008 due to the TJ Duckett trade.

10. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

ESPN radio reporting that the Jets announced the trade for an UNDISCLOSED pick.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its official- The Skins

Pete Kendall Traded to the Redskins
    Published: Thu, August 23, 11:59am EST

By Randy Lange
    Lange is editor-in-chief of newyorkjets.com. He covered the Jets for 13 years for The Record of Hackensack, N.J.

File Under: Trade, Mike Tannenbaum, Pete Kendall, Washington Redskins, Randy Thomas

change font email article 08/23 ? The Jets are in the process of completing a trade with the Washington Redskins for 12th-year-veteran guard Pete Kendall.

"We reached agreement in principle to trade Pete Kendall to the Redskins last night," said Jets head coach Eric Mangini in announcing the trade at his late morning news conference today. "Obviously each night Mike [Tannenbaum] and I meet, get together and discuss possibilities. When this deal presented itself, we thought it was a good opportunity." Mangini said he expects the trade to be finalized today.

Mangini declined to disclose what the Jets received in compensation from the Redskins, their frequent trading partners lately, saying "We keep those things internal," but he stressed, "We were really comfortable with the value we got in trade."

The coach said he met with Kendall on Wednesday night as the trade was coming together.

"I wished him well and he thanked me," Mangini said. "It was a really good, positive conversation. ... I've said a lot of times I did value the contributions Pete made. He did a lot of good work last year. Talking to him last night, I thanked him for those contributions and wished him well."

The trade puts the Jets' left guard position in the hands of a less experienced depth chart. Adrien Clarke started the first two preseason games, but sixth-round rookie Jacob Bender has been getting reps with the first offense as well, and Wade Smith, who has played the position before, is also in the mix.

"Guys have worked with the first group, the second group, inside, outside. That's a standard part of what we do. Just because that changes within a day or a few practices, there's no specific meaning there," Mangini said of Bender's emergence. "We've played rookies on the offensive line, and rookies have come in and done a good job. It's not unique to the Jets or to my experience. I feel very comfortable with the depth we have there."

Kendall, who was reported to be traveling to Washington today to take his physical, will certainly be in position to move in at starting left guard on an O-line that already has Randy Thomas, a Jets starter from 1999-2002, starting at RG.

Also listed on the Redskins' left guard depth chart are Todd Wade, the one-time Dolphins second-round pick, and Jason Fabini, a starting tackle on the Jets from 1998-2005. In fact, Fabini started at LT next to Kendall in 17 of the Green & White's 18 games in 2004 and the first three games of '05.

Other former Jets on the 'Skins roster include WR Santana Moss, S Omar Stoutmire and LB Khary Campbell.

This is the third trade that the Jets have executed with Washington since Tannenbaum became general manager. Last year the Jets acquired QB Patrick Ramsey for a sixth-round pick and on draft day they swapped their second-round pick, 35th overall, for the Redskins' second- and sixth-round picks in that draft and the 37th pick in the 2007 draft, which the Jets ultimately traded to the Bears to acquire RB Thomas Jones.

We'll have more on the Kendall trade and the reaction from the Jets players following today's closed practice that is scheduled to begin at 12:15 p.m.

12. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

it better not be for some shit like a 7th...whatever we got rid of this fuckface and that all that matters....:beer:

13. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT.

14. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Kendall is a very good guard and was maybe our best lineman. We should have gotten at least a 4th for him, or we should have kept him and made him eat his 1.7M salary.

15. :lol: Great point.

16. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

The coach said he met with Kendall on Wednesday night as the trade was coming together.

"I wished him well and he thanked me," Mangini said. "It was a really good, positive conversation. ... I've said a lot of times I did value the contributions Pete made. He did a lot of good work last year. Talking to him last night, I thanked him for those contributions and wished him well."

------------------------------------------

Just please refrain from posting that he s*cked last year. That was not the case, and it doesnt help the argument.

17. rillo

rillo New Member

I really hope we can get this oline sured up....but i'm not holdin my breath.....

18. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Mackey trade? Did I miss something?

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I hope they know what they are doing. I am gald its the Skins because when they get better it hurts the Giants.