Kellen Clemens.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Nov 29, 2009.

?

What's your opinion on Kellen Clemens?

1. He hasn't received a fair shot

12.0%
  2. It's Schotty's fault

4.7%
  3. He's been a pile of excrement for the duration of his professional career

49.0%
  4. Rachel Bilson has nice tits

34.4%
  1. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

You clearly misunderstood the point of my post. Here is what I as responding to:

All that I am saying is that it's ridiculous to think that hating a Jets player is some kind of cardinal sin. Again, no one here WANTS ::any:: Jets player to fail, that is _not_ the same as not liking a player that isn't making plays for the team...are you saying that you haven't posted anything negative about any Jets player? I'm not going to go through your post history to answer that, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you're posting in a Jets forum, chances are you've posted something negative about SOMEONE at least once...

2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit what people are basing their opinions on or what opinions are. I can see why people have lost faith in him, but the dude came into the game spur of the moment and threw one incompletion. This thread is idiotic. "Ooh ooh, look, he threw an incompletion. See I told he sucks, what a worthless bum." That's ridiculous.

3. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Notable back ups are rare and we just don't have one. That doesn't make us any different than 90% of the league. Don't get all worked up tiger, just throwing my two cents in and I think this forum is full of the biggest over reactors I've ever seen. If I remember correctly he only threw one pass and the rest were run plays.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

holy shit, I go play football after the game and this thread balloons to 7 pages?

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

dude...it's not the one play....it's his entire Jets career....that encompasses those types of plays.

He hasn't shown any growth or improvement.....which is probably why he fails at TC every year.

That "play" today....just showed everybody where "he's at" in his development.

Look at the whole picture.

6. ........

........ Trolls

I'm still laughing at "paycheque"...you Canadians...comedy gold...

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Um...who gives a shit?

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If people actually bothered to read the thread, it would probably be about 3-4 pages shorter.

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

You should know better than to see one pass and conclude that. Either way, I wanted to see Ainge in there. Prototypical size and he was a good player in the toughest conference in college football.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm really just trying to foster some more excuses from the Clemens support group.....it's comedy gold.

Nobody can get past the "one play"...it's not just that....it's his career's worth of failing to make plays.

Clemens comes in....you'd figure he'd be hungry to make something happen....but just shows his ineptitude again and again. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread...3rd and 12....do they allow Clemens to throw? no...they call a draw....for obvious reasons.

case closed.

11. CatoTheElder

Great point. They could have put Ainge in there and gotten the same results. Clemens isn't going to help anyone.

12. quadcityjetsfan76

Don't say that! Everyone else here will argue that Ainge would not have needed to check down, and would have made the miraculous TD pass that they believe every back-up with no in game experiencce this season should make.

13. quadcityjetsfan76

I have you are right. I am busted. Send in the forum police.

14. CatoTheElder

Ainge wouldn't have even needed to check down. He probably would have hit Braylon on his deep post route for a TD in tight coverage, which is a pass that every QB on any NFL roster should be able to make, regardless of their position on the depth chart or how much playing time they have previously received.

15. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I have looked at the whole picture. Players don't "grow or improve" by riding the bench.. that happens in real games. He's had less playing time than Sancho and never started for a decent team. Regardless of his ablility, or lack thereof, that's why he has failed. You'd get railed for even implying Sanchez might not be as good as he's supposed to, but it's cool to shit on Clemens for throwing an incompletion. Is there a reason you all hate on this guy?

And so what if they called a drew? If they stuck in Ainge, do you think they'd ask him to heave the ball around either? Fuck no they wouldn't. Because, like Clemens, he's a freakin' backup. And they couldn't put Ainge in b/c he's 3rd string.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

there's a reason why Clemens has rode the bench, GBA.....it's not because the CS doesn't LIKE him...it's because he stinks.....and can't make plays. Don't tell me he hasn't been given the chance...he's had a few chances to prove himself....and continued to fail.

There really is no excuse.....but keep trying.

17. CatoTheElder

Rookie Season: He couldn't beat out Pennington when he was coming off of an injury.
    Second Season: Only got a starting job after Pennington was injured.
    Third Season: Couldn't beat out a struggling Pennington in TC, forced FO to trade for Brett Favre.
    Fourth Season: Clemens is the most experienced QB on the roster, most experienced QB in the offense. He cannot beat a rookie in TC, constantly throwing interceptions, has no feel for the pocket or the pass rush.

He is done.

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

game. set. match.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Oh.....but........he wasn't given ANY chances....he rode the bench *tear rollin down cheek* :rofl:

what CKNY said....

/thread.

20. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

seconded. We just may get a chance to see him.