Kellen Clemens.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Nov 29, 2009.

?

What's your opinion on Kellen Clemens?

1. He hasn't received a fair shot

12.0%
  2. It's Schotty's fault

4.7%
  3. He's been a pile of excrement for the duration of his professional career

49.0%
  4. Rachel Bilson has nice tits

34.4%
  1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

lets not crazy about tampa bay. atlanta lost both matt ryan (very early) and michael turner and still managed to win. that offense is nothing without those two and even with them atlanta has been average at best.

GB was handling that game till the 4th quarter then the defense and ST collapsed (block punt for a TD).

That said...No game is ever a "gimme" with the jets but lets stay on earth in regards to TB.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Freeman hasn't seen a pressure based defense like the jets.

he won't know where the blitz is coming from.

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Iv had a couple of arguments with other Jets fans in regards to Kellen. It is my opinion that Kellen is damaged goods! He came into the league with high praise , but started behind a line that couldnt block a sneeze and he suffered for it. The coahing staff even allowed him to have some throwing plays and to his credit he completed one for a first down , but he is so unsure of where he is and so atuned to everything going on around so he panics. Ainge is a better # 2 then Kellen.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I don't know, if a few games behind a bad line two years ago messed him up for life he probably wasn't going to be any good anyway. You have to deal with adversity to be an NFL QB.

5. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I disagree. It was and is still a fact that good quarter backs go to terrible teams and get their careers destroyed. The Bengal's and the Lions at one time were a Quarter back killer in this league. Akil Smith was a first rounder and had a lot of potential. Some would say he was garbage from the start but he had some flashes and even played a solid game against us back in the day that we barely squeaked out.

Bad teams kill good quarter backs. I'm not even curtain that Kellen would have been a good player , but I'm absolutely sure playing for our disaster of team that year and then never getting back on the field put a nail in this guys coffin.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Are you Mel Kiper?

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

It shouldn't take more then 486 posts for people to realize that Kellen Clemens is horseshit. It's amazing how many people have their heads stuck up their asses....

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What you start out with has a big effect on where you wind up in most cases. What Kellen Clemens started out with was a head coach who we now know was incapable of getting good results out of the meager talent he was handed, an offensive coordinator for whom no QB has performed remotely as well as they have performed in other places immediately after they left the building, and an offensive line that basically blew chunks.

I don't know if Kellen Clemens had any kind of career likely to be worth having before he wound up drafted by the Jets, but it's pretty clear he didn't manage to surmount the long odds he faced with the lousy hand he was dealt.

Eric Mangini has had no quarterbacks work out particularly well for him, despite some obvious talent at the position. Brian Schottenheimer chronically seems to draw the worst out of his quarterbacks. Kellen Clemens still has not played with a left guard who can pass block. That's pretty damning trifecta right there.

And yes Kellen Clemens has done about as little as you could do with it anyway.

I thought going into this season that if he got a fresh start somewhere he might still turn out to be a decent QB. Having seen him play just a little bit this year I'm thinking not.

9. CatoTheElder

If he has any chance at a career, it is only going to be with another team. He might be able to find a QB coach/OC that can get something useful out of him. Maybe. But it will not be here.

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

He threw 2 passes and got sacked 3 times and fumbled the ball twice. He fucking sucks

11. CatoTheElder

You're right. He's shit. NVM.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Akili Smith was a disaster. He could not even hold the job on a bad Bengals team, tried out for a backup job with the Packers, and was cut, then tried out for the Bucs, and was cut. He only started about 12 games his entire career. Truly, if someone saw some real talent from the guy, he would have stuck somewhere. Nowadays, when athletic QBs like him come around, they are tried out at other positions ala Brad Smith, who put up big numbers in college. Brad would have been out of the league much llike Akili if he only ever tried to play QB. The guy had his shot, made some money, and has nothing to be ashamed of, he tried, but could not stick. Kellen has had his chances as well, but has not grabbed the job. He looks lost out there now.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It seems to me that we've had success with every QB under Shotty except Clemens. Pennington and Favre both did well except when they were playing hurt. Sanchez, despite the rookie pitfalls, has also done better than Clemens.

14. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

He's ridden the bench for the last 2 years. You expect him to get thrown out there and turn into Peyton Manning? You can't fully prepare for games in practice.. it doesn't work that way.

He only threw 2 passes - that's on Schotty. By calling for strong sets and pulling out receivers, he let the Bills stack the line so our running game went down the shitter and Clemens couldn't pass because there weren't any receivers. It also put more pressure on KC since there were more defenders breaking through the line. He got sacked 3 times, once on the bootleg (I think) for 1 yd and once when the pocket collapsed. The other was on him, and that was his only fumble. He only really fucked up that one time. That game Sanchez also fumbled, also had a 50% completion, was also sacked twice and has looked absolutely horrible in prior games, despite having more in-game experience than Clemens. KCs fumble was ugly but other than that he did fine. He got a clutch 1st down and the rest were handoffs.

Qbs aren't going to find success when they're put in a position to fail. In '07 Clemens was successful as any QB would have been in that position.. 3-5, almost 4-4, record was really good given the circumstances. And Pennington played like shit that year - I watched it happen and I don't care what his QB rating was.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you're apologizing for him.

I've seen Dan Orlovsky on the Lions do better, and he ran out of bounds for a safety.

Kellen just doesn't have it. Not even to manage a game.

16. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Alright MB, I'll eat some Crow. I thought he wasn't given a fair shake when you first posted this.
    Mr. Clemons is horrible! After showcasing his pitiful pass aptitude and the bobbled hold yesterday I'm on the Clemons sucks band wagon.
    Just bad when it counts.

17. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

please get this guy the fuck off the team. let him play in the ufl with bollinger.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I hope Kellen Clemens gets punched in the nuts by a midget.