Kelechi Osemele

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by K'OB, Jul 26, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I may have told this story before on here, but I have a friend that either ended up at the same bar or went to a meet and greet and met Osemele this past off-season. He said was absolutely YOLKED and told my friend that he lost like 30-40 pounds of fat. I'm talking a professional body builder look.

Now first of all, for him, that's awesome. Good for him, it's always great to improve your health. However in a football sense that's an iffy position to massively alter your weight in one off-season when you were already a very good blocker. What makes guys like him so great was his ability to move at the size he was. Muscle is great but some guys can't handle being all muscle in terms of their bodies ability to take an NFL beating.

Adding massive amounts of muscle can also make someone stiff and less flexible. It's amazing what happened to this guy. He played mostly guard for the Ravens early in his career but I believe they tested him at tackle some. There was some talk floating around about him being the next elite NFL left tackle before he left there.

It's not extremely easy to tell but he doesn't have as big of a frame here as he did early in his career.

Ravens
    [​IMG]

Jets
    [​IMG]

With all of that in mind, if there's any coach that can turn him back into a good lineman, it's Andy Reid.

3. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

IIRC Osemele changed to vegan diet a few years back, that's how he lost so much weight and got leaner. He thought it was good for him but you could argue that it didn't do him any good on the football field.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

YOLKED!!!!