Kelechi Osemele Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 18, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Hopefully the guilty party osemele. I think the way it sets up now though is it’s either the dr or the player. Douglas at the minimum should be able to establish plausible deniability.

NCJetsfan and CBG like this.
  2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

What a effin' disaster. And I was high on this kid.............................8yrs ago when he was coming out of Iowa State in the draft.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NC I agree ------prior to my last surgery it did not look too bad looking at the MRI but looking at video of the actual surgery and the end result = in my case it was a nightmare

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Agreed Fjay Douglas just goes by what the doctors tell him same for Gase but time will tell as this is all going to come out

FJF likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If the injury is indeed pre-existing, then Osemele gets a big chunk of the blame, but since doctors don't know the extent of the injury until they begin the surgery, the Jets should have given him the benefit of the doubt, so imo the Jets Doctor, training staff, Gase and Douglas are all culpable unless they had good reason to believe that Osemele was dogging it.

cmcm750203 and LAJet like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can we make it a two-fer and dump Ryan Kalil?

NCJetsfan and SOJAZ like this.
  7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Disaster? This is more like a light drizzle after your house burned down.

8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly this was a pre existing injury that existed with Oakland and one that did not prohibit him from passing his physical. He had no problem signing the contract and playing after the Dr. stated he could.

Why is there rampant speculation about how the Jets F this up? I would ask all of you to look at the case history of how the JETS have handled injuries this year If anything they have been extremely prudent (conservative) holding players back to get healthy, i.e., SAM, CJ, TE, etc.

Now we are expected to believe the narrative created by a player and his agent that fly's in the face of factual data? What we do know is the this player was benched because of poor performance. What is curious for me is why all of a "sudden" he is benched and then needs surgery?

Even if the players agent is correct and the injury was worse, why is that the Jets Dr fault? He agree to play with a "per-existing" injury so how do we know that he didn't injure it more by playing? My point is, he is culpable also.

IMHO, the narrative he is espousing is to cover him and create a good optics for his next contract. Just some thoughts....

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Good riddance's

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How about a hat trick with Tru...

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ask Macc..

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Coaches have no say over a players health. All gase can do is send him to the trainer or send him out to practice depending on what the dr says so for me he gets 0 blame in this. He is only mentioned in this whole ordeal because he talks to the media every day and no one else has .
    Douglas now could be somewhat guilty in this . Was he playing games to protect cap space? It’s not impossible to think that. If that’s the case though I’m guessing the dr will out him if the doc ends up taking the fall.

CBG likes this.
  13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Good riddance. Fuck him. Time to release Tru now. I don't care how much it costs. Rid the team with underachieving primadonnas.

94Abraham and legler82 like this.
  14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Yet another embarrassing screw up brought to you by the experts in embarrassing screw ups.

Hopefully this doesn't lead to some kind of sanctions against Douglas (cap reduction, draft picks, etc.) or to his termination. But then again, it is the Jets, so assume the worst.

15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This was how Mac chose to address the offensive line last offseason. What a joke.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If it does lead to a significant penalty, it should mean Douglas's termination.

jets_fan likes this.
  17. ultrajet

ultrajet Active Member

Can’t see this leading to any penalties or sanctions vs. the Jets. They had him go for medical evaluations and the opinion was he could play through this. He finally finds a surgeon who agrees to operate on him and what does that surgeon find...no surprise here... “the worst labral tear ever”. Of course, that surgeon will say he found lots of damage for he is justifying why he operated while the other experts said it could wait. A suit may be filed but it would be presumptuous to assume the Jets did anything wrong here. We need to focus on the rest of the schedule not this disgruntled employee who couldn’t stand being on a bad team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KurtTheJetsFan, mrjet80 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Damn

we have to get rid of Gaza ASAP

this whole thing reeks of his petulant nasty bullshit and his answers are bullshit

he’s KILLING this franchise

can’t you guys see this?

Noam likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I hear what you're saying, and said many similar things earlier, but imo things have changed. Even knowing that Osemele signed the contract to play with the pre-existing condition, it got worse, the pain intolerable, and he was no longer able to play with it. Osemele may have been dogging it this year and looking for an out, but if so, I suspect it's because of Gase. I have never read/heard anything but glowing comments about Osemele's character, work ethic and leadership until now. The Jets have a history of fucking up any and every way possible. That's why it's so easy for me to believe that the Jets have some culpability in this. I think it's possible that Osemele signed the contract in good faith and tried his best, but the reason he was struggling and playing poorly is because the pre-existing injury got worse and more painful. If the Jets didn't consider that to be a real possibility, unless they had some evidence to the contrary, they are culpable imo.

Noam and cmcm750203 like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

While coaches may have no official say, he may have indicated to Douglas or the training staff/doctor that he thought Osemele was dogging it. He may not have, but from what I've seen of Gase so far, I have no problem believing that he did say something to that extent. I'm not killing him or ultimately blaming him, however. IMO the sole responsibility/culpability should rest on the Dr., unless, as you say, that Douglas was playing a game to protect cap space.