Kayvon Thibodeaux asked if he's a perfect fit for the New York...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Unhappyjetsfan, Apr 27, 2022.

1. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

the talent is obviously there, and no question the kids character from what I've seen is outstanding. But I want a football player who's top priority is to be the best on the field. I don't get that sense from him. No I don't know him personally and perhaps it's unfair to question that, but a lot of scouts have so there are some red flags.

Since1969 and Brook! like this.
  2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Weird how people react differently to a confident person not by what they say but by who is saying it.
    I always find that shit amusing.

cval and Brook! like this.
  3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The Jets are going to pass on him and they will regret it for the next decade.

He has ELITE first step explosiveness off the line of scrimmage. He has tremendous bend and already has several polished rush moves.

He was the consensus #1 prospect heading into the season and then injured his ankle early, and it lingered for most of the year. He was also asked to drop back in coverage more this year as well as move inside more often.

This guy is a baller but yet the Jets want to go with JJ, the one-year wonder who's 23 years old (KT is 21). Oh, and half of JJ's sacks came in two games against Miami and Jacksonville St.

Passing on KT is going to be a miserable feeling tonight.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Not one mention of football in his response smh.
    Nothing about being a good teammate, a great scheme fit, the ability to improve this D……,just the “business savvy” he brings to the table.

This guys mindset is so far off the mark from where it needs to be.
    Hard pass.
    We need impact plays, not marketing advice.

Since1969 and IDFjet like this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Doesn’t sound like him one bit.

IDFjet likes this.
  6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think there's a difference between having the ambitions and vocalizing them publicly. Its probably nothing but I'd prefer he focused exclusively on football in his response.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Only guy I would want over him is Hutchinson

KY Jets Fan and Lon Chaney like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Damn that Darrell Revis... and his non-football interests :mad::mad::mad:

Lon Chaney likes this.
  9. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i didn’t mean to suggest I’m down on KT. I meant to say I don’t get the logic of some of the criticism. This seems like Micah parsons 2.0

BrowningNagle likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

A stud defender who could fly around the field that dropped because people were worried about his character and attitude? That doesn’t sound like Micah Parsons?

Lon Chaney likes this.
  11. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's stupid of him to talk so much about his branding instead of his love for football. Almost as stupid as a bunch of fans who think they can divine a 23-year-old's commitment level based on a couple 30-second sound bites. The difference is that 23-year-olds are supposed to be stupid.

ColoradoContrails and stinkyB like this.
  12. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

He never dominated in that shitty conference, missed the biggest game vs OS, with injury, has no pass rush moves, and 1st step and burst only, isn't getting you far vs NFL tackles.
    Thats my take

13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think that's a bad take.

He injured his ankle and it lingered for most of the season. That happens. It affected his performance but he still put up decent numbers.

His 1st step and burst are ELITE LEVEL. It's the most important trait you need to be a pass rusher. He has good bend at the point of contact, and I've definitely seen a spin move and an inside move to go along with his speed rush. He also has long arms and locates the QB in the pocket well - not over rushing and getting pushed out of the play.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I want to know everything about his passion for the game and his willingness to commit 200%. I want to hear him say that. I don't give two shits about his confidence and demeanor about outside interests. We have not heard much of the first but tons about the second. I don't find that shit amusing at all. If I was interviewing anyone for a high level position and heard nothing about his passion for the job and lots about how well he would fit with the limelight of NY I would cut that interview short. I sure as hell hope JD has done his homework in interviews with him to flesh that out. Its his neck on the line.
    Fans here that think he is the hot ticket would flip to hate on a dime if he turns out to be a bust on the field but great in Wall street. Whoopie.. Confidence does not mean shit if you don't focus your talent and commitment on the field. We have seen plenty of confident guys who failed expectations afterwards, like Mo and even Sheldon.
    And the blame would be on JD for not seeing the signs, as the fans now say about Becton. it was right in front of everyone's nose to see.

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Right or wrong, this guy just does not seem like a JD or Saleh guy. Would be shocked if he's their pick

REVISion likes this.
  16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I mean, Parsons had legitimate character concerns. Have you read the stories about his incidents at Penn State? He's an incredibly good football player regardless but that doesn't mean he's good because of the character concerns or anything.

Plenty of guys with character concerns end up having those concerns manifested in the NFL to the detriment of their careers. Hell, we have two guys on our team right now who that's true of.

Succeeding despite character concerns doesn't mean they're suddenly a good thing. They're a negative thing that sometimes doesn't matter and sometimes does.

LAJet likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

My point is if someone is talented enough you forget about "character concerns" very quickly, especially when their character is no longer a concern. Parsons has been a model citizen and a top 5 defensive player in the NFL. I'm sure the Cowboys aren't thinking too hard about the stories that came out of Penn State right now.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was an off-the-field question and he had an off-the-field answer.

they didn't ask him why he's a perfect fit for the Jets or the Giants, but for "the Big Apple". He gave them what they asked for

Royal Tee and Ralebird like this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

For years we've discussed the good things and bad things about a guy playing in the shadow of New York; there's the taxes and the fast pace and the constant press attention which may be too much for some guys and there is also the benefit of being close to the publicity and marketing opportunities which thrive here. This guy hasn't talked about the things that are challenges but has embraced those things that offer the greatest off-field opportunities and some people here want to beat him up over that? The better he performs on the field, the more opportunity he will have to capitalize on those.

And exactly what are those "character concerns" that are frequently mentioned here? I'd expect a list of places and organizations he's been banned from and a decent rap sheet. Where are they?

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Broadway Joe used to wear fur coats and make commercials in stockings, turned out to be a great player for Jets.

KT says he brings a business savvy and Jets fans says he’s not the right fit….Lol, SMH.

No more KT talk for me, he’s a Giant now.

stinkyB likes this.