Justin Miller- Law Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsTillDeath, Feb 22, 2006.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm excited, obviously I prefer to go into the season as a contender but I think we can turn this thing around pretty quick and have a good run again. Nobody thought my CBB team would be any good this year after losing our top 7 players(4 early) and the heels are a tourney lock. I still see alot of talent on the team that can keep us competitive and hopefully we make the right moves in the draft and FA and can be a playoff caliber team again in 2007.

2. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I just dont see that bad of a year.
    Which of the cut players so far did anything last year? I dont think any of them.
    Barrett & Miller are both capable CB's. Barrett was awesome in 04 and Miller did come on when he finally got the chance last year.
    12-4 is pretty much out of the question but I can see 7-8 wins next year.

3. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Alot depends on the Oline. Who we keep and who we don't. If the Oline is manned by Rooks, we're having a bad year.

4. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Ellis restructured last season. Coles, D-rob, and Vilma should all be asked to restructure this year.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Maybe I'll be able to finally use this then! :beer:

[​IMG]

I made it last year but never got to use it.

6. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

It is nice to see the board so Sunshiny today, the glum had been getting to me, and I'm not gonna let Champ get me down

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Well Ken Berber reported the Jets may ask Ellis to restructure again.

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

agreed buti have something to say that might be a bit negative...and i dont mean to start up the very heated argument of last season.....(hand half covering my mouth)..the best thing for next year is to win 2 games

9. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

You want Quinn don't you, oh well everyone can take what they want and at least enjoy it, its not about being negative I don't like it when everyone is jumping on everyone else and being overcritical

10. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

The thread title makes it sound like miller got released

11. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Nope... we saved about 3 1/2 - 4 million cutting Law, not 11. It wasn't a roster bonus, it was an option bonus which is a big difference (it can be spread out for 4 yrs)

12. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

we know Miller is great returner, how could of a CB will he be if he starts this year?

13. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

we need to pick up another db tho..

14. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

Who ever said Strait is undersized, is completely and utterly wrong. Strait is, in fact, bigger than Barrett, Miller, and Coleman. The only knock on Strait is speed, which is what caused him to slip to the
    3rd round. He did, however, dominate in college and won defensive player of the year as a senior and top defensive back honors.

15. LWC611

LWC611 Member

How do you see 7-8 wins?

16. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Right now I see the Jets getting rid of the old, worn down parts. Almost addition by subtraction.
    We dont know who their replacements will be but I dont think that they can do worse than what we had.
    If Saban can improve the Lphins in 1 year then I think that Mangini can be good for at least 4 more wins than last year.
    Totally different attitude. Anything that you thought of the Jets before is getting changed with the new regime.
    They are proving that already.

17. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

That is why he is a great nickle but never will be a great 1 or 2, just does not have the speed but his size makes him less of a liablity in run support

18. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Law will be missed, but Miller can take the reigns.

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Strait is listed as 5'11/189lbs. I really doubt he's 5'11, as for some reason player measurements are always off, usually making them look bigger than they actually are. I'm under the impression that both Barrett and Miller are all-around bigger (not just height, but also weight/muscle mass/etc) than Strait, which is what we want against #1 and #2 WR's, who seemingly get taller and stronger every year. Strait does lack speed, but I think he compensates by understanding the game. Like I said, I don't ever recall him getting beaten deep or giving up a huge play. So if he doesn't have good speed, how can this be explained? Football knowledge. But you cannot line him up versus guys like Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, T.O. and players of that ilk because they're much bigger, stronger and faster than him. Personally, I feel Miller is best suited for that job which is why he'll probably be the #1 CB, or at least competing for that spot with Barrett.

and yes, Strait won the Jim Thorpe award at Oklahoma, which is prestigious at that level. But that means absolutely nothing in the NFL. Case and point: Jason White won the Hesiman at Oklahama and he retired before he ever played an NFL down.

The bottom line is, Miller and Strait are two, young, talented CB's but we are very thin at this position. We need 2 more guys either through FA or the draft or a combination of those.

cheers

20. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Miller i beleive is a good player who had a decent rookie season and good be great for years to come as hell get better and better every year with the instruction of Mangini