Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Because you guys convinced me to stay on Fields bandwagon, I will hold Fields supporters accountable and ban all of them including you. :)

AJW, NYJFOREVER and legler82 like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

drafting a bust QB in the top 5 is a career killer. it's understandable to be scared

3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Make a poll who’s better Brown or Landry. I’d be shocked if Landry got one vote.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If we're going to wait until the offense if full of pro bowlers to get a QB, it's going to take a long time for that to happen. Getting a QB in 2021 doesn't stop the team from adding OL and weapons over the next 2 offseasons like the Bills did.

5. GasedAndConfused

a poll of a few people on a message board? lol sorry but a guy who pro bowls 5 out of his 1st 6 years with bad QB play is better then a guy who's been in the league for 2 years. if you took a poll of top QBs by year 2 vince young and RG3 would have made the list. AJ has a lot more to prove to get to the level of landry. Your also forgetting OBJ who is a top 3 WR when healthy. it would be brown vs OBJ and davis vs landry. i'll take OBJ and landry anyday over brown and davis. OBj and landry = 8 pro bowls davis and brown = 1. plus the browns had better depth with guys like higgins, peoples jones. the titans had nothing after brown and davis

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

It's early.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Wow. Chip shot indeed. Non withstanding the fact that our organizational history is dreadfully bad when it comes to GMs, coaches and draft picks, two third of the commentators out there are nothing but talking "out of your you know what" with not much credibility and with an agenda to sell themselves to the masses. In todays environment they should all be at the unemployment line behind Metha.
    I have confidence that this CS will make our players better no matter what, but sure hope we hit a homerun with the pick

NCJetsfan and SOJAZ like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He has had four years there and he's flamed out even after being the starter in the SB because they finally have an out without being on the hook for a lot of dead cap money after signing him to a bad contract.

"Good" is relative. He had eleven passing touchdowns in three games against the Cardinals (2x) and Bengals. That's more than a third of his touchdowns against two of the worst two teams in the league. He completed 17/27 passes for 208 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 pick in his first two playoff games. He was hidden. And when he got to the SB he couldn't make a play to flip momentum or secure first downs in the second half. He was hidden.

All of this is irrelevant though if you don't want to look at the fact that you're trying to shoehorn a "best fit" for Shanahan's offense based on what their offense looked like with a limited quarterback that they're running from. They're smart enough that they modified it to be successful, but it's not a true representation of what the system is or what they want it to be.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Overall, I feel Fields had a great day, while Mac didn't, and that may be the reason why he was on unscheduled flight to SF last night. But Zach's workout to me still is the one that really stands out this Pro Day season. And I know this is just a Pro Day workout, but it looks like it means to GMs/Coaches a lot more than I thought. Saleh flew all the way to Utah and back with his wife due any day now. Fields is flying to Cal following his. And did you see expression on Shanahan's face when Jones kept missing long balls? While Fields surely scored a home run, the degree of difficulty and execution of Zach's workout in general and throw he hit in stride to the right while moving to the left in particular were most impressive. Not sure how much this counts, but I think this counts for something or Fields would not be in SF right now.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

But will you be laughing if Wilson and Jones go to division rivals?

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

They wouldn’t scare me as much as Fields would if he went to a division rival. I remember when a lot of Jets fans were laughing at the Bills in 2018; I wasn’t.

88toon likes this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Well, it's been a good 9 and 1/2 years on the board!

REVISion and Brook! like this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

I'm aware he was hidden. I always was a critic of him. felt he was an anchor QB along with guys like trubisky, baker, and goff. all 4 were on stacked teams but holding them back. goff was traded for stafford, trubisky was allowed to walk, jimmy g is being replaced. baker is questionable. they do love him in cleveland but is he really a guy you want to pay 40+ mil a year or move on from? I think they won't be able to resign him, he'll want way more then he's worth.

That's the thing about the shannahan offense. it makes things easy for QBs and can hide QBs. it's similar to what tenn, cleveland run as well. lots of running with RB rotation and quick passes. aims to make things easy for the QB but requires a dominant run game. cleveland has chubb, tenn has henry, SF has mostert. we really don't have that yet.

Anyway it's way off topic. I got nothing against fields, I just think wilson is better for us. fields is very tempting but so were tons of big athletic QBs who fizzled out. If we take fields though I won't be upset. i'll trust in JD

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The problem is if we take the QB @2 then Ouchy can't get Smith @23 everything is based on this.

NCJetsfan and bicketybam like this.
  15. K'OB

Mac Jones blew chunks yesterday

16. K'OB

I sense you're gonna be in big trouble :D

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Oh oh. Where are the guys who piled on Zach for some anonymous report of having character issues since his uncle owns Jet Blue? Time to take them undies off and start shitting on Fields to be fair, yes?

NCJetsfan, bicketybam and REVISion like this.
  19. legler82

That’s the first and only and it’s coming from a non reporter. Let’s see if anymore come out supporting Dan Shefter Olovksy’s sources.

20. legler82

Does becoming a vegan count as desire to become great?

[​IMG]