Just Heard Some Good News About Mims

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Apr 7, 2022.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If they were going to trade him they would have done so already

barfolomew and Cman68 like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He wouldnt bring in squat in trade value at this moment..... I'd rather roll the dice that he pulls his head out of his ass, then on the 6th or 7th rd pick theyd get for him

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

He was our 6th string receiver last year. It's not like people are bearish on him for no reason.

barfolomew, BacktoQueens and Jets79 like this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

We should add Moore into the conversation. Guy isade of paper mache. I doubt he will ever play a full season in the NFL.

Cman68 and cval like this.
  5. REVISion

Who's bearish on Moore? Is nuance not a thing anymore? Moore is crazy talented and very productive when healthy. He also missed 6 games.

Mims couldn't even get playing time because our coaches thought so little of him. Take TGG opinions out of the equation for a second - our own coaches clearly don't love him. Why take issue when people watching from afar think the same?

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I not sure who is bearish on Moore but he deserves some scrutiny. He seems injury prone. He played 4 games where he didn't crack 25 receiving yards. I'd say he's on par with Becton's play in his rookie year. Showed promise, had some very good games, had some bad ones and missed a whole bunch of time.

SOJAZ, blackssmagic and Borat like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think the front office likes Mims and the staff doesn't. Many guys are caught in that trap over the years.

I'll just say this about the offensive coaches- all of them are inexperienced and none of them have ever won anything. So if they dont love him, then I guess I dont care as they might very well be wrong

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Just like video of Becton's workouts - they mean very little. The only meaningful thing is if he comes ready to play and can perform as expected on the field. Looking "ripped", flashing speed, all well and good, but unless that translates into performance on the field, it doesn't matter. The only encouraging sign is that he's working out with Zach and the boys, so maybe he'll actually learn something.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Mims was probably the most disappointing player last season not named Becton. Mims got behind with sickness and injury and never could climb out of it. With another year in the system and healthy maybe he has a chance. That 2020 draft class looks a whole lot different if Becton and Mims have break-out seasons.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Mims had a strange season last year. He was on the field for 239 snaps but was only targeted 23 times, with 8 catches for 133 yards. This is almost the exact same stats as Moore had during his slow start. Maybe it just takes a little more time to develop chemistry with Zach? It could come together.

#30 ouchy, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    blackssmagic and NYJFOREVER like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

All Lats No Stats...

[​IMG]

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As long as she doesn't pull a Jada Smith, its all good... :cool:

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The hot, early career starts by guys like Chase and Jefferson have changed the public perception on the development that WRs take, similar to what guys like Luck, Wilson, and Herbert have done to QBs.

WRs take a year or two to catch on. Moore came on well in the 2nd half of the season. Mims' 2020 season was bizarre. Missing a significant segment of camp because of the Great Salmon Issue and adapting to a new playbook definitely messed with him.

barfolomew and Jets79 like this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

All ab's, no grabs.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Take her name outta your god damned mouth.

Sur lap

16. REVISion

Mims is about to get hit with a "random" PED test.

17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Mims athletic profile, he has every single thing you would want in a receiver on paper. Unfortunately paper doesn't translate to play ie..Vernon freaking Gholston. If Mims head is on right and he is finally healthy he might be what we need.

There is no way his videos alter a single thing with the draft. At first, I assumed the agent was making his trade market improvement. But what would be a return for him? A 2025 7th, forget that. Its better to keep him and develop him at this time and hope he has turned the corner.

With that said, draft Jameson Williams and we might have something. Plus my favorite and only alcoholic drink is Jameson. A little ginger ale and a 18 year plus Jameson is life changing

nycarl, barfolomew and Noam like this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

i remember the food poisoning drama and all, but I just can’t help but feel it’s a bullshit excuse. I can’t imagine that missing a month of offseason work would put a real player THAT far behind that he couldn’t ever make it up.

it doesn’t smell right…nice story but I call bullshit

the fact that two seasons in he’s behind literally scrubs like Smith and Montgomery tells us all we need to know. At first I was like put him in and give him a shot to play…shit we used a second round pick on him, but then when he got in it seemed like he would end the game with more penalties than receptions and I was like WTF is it with this guy and penalties? Speaks to the mental aspect of the game.

I hate to say it but so far he absolutely fits right in with all those other second round busts in our history

I really hope by some miracle he can actually show up and contribute this year, because right now our WR room is not prettty. Davis is (was?) a decent #2 (before he dropped every other damn ball for us last year), Moore showed promise but couldn’t stay healthy for any decent stretch of time, and Berrios is a sold #3/#4 type guy. We need receivers almost as badly as we need pass rushers (hint: we need them A LOT)

19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I don't know what happened to Mims last season, but I hope he makes a big comeback in 2022.

barfolomew and Nyjets4eva like this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well gosh.. I feel so vulnerable now...

K'OB likes this.