Just a brief tip of the hat to chad......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

chad will be a coach one day and probably be a winner there

2. steviep

steviep Active Member

I was at that first KC game in 2002 -- gave new energy to the team (although they lost that one) and then a game against the Browns at home. He led the jets to thee playoffs in the three seasons where he wasnt hurt. He was the Perfect QB for that system.

No Jet QB had more success with the Jets over more seasons.

This was 100% the right move -- but I still think Chad gave his all and had much success.

(The irony is: that is best win may have been over Favre).

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This thread is as good a place to relate my Chad story again, one more time.

Several weeks after the draft, just after we drafted Mangold and Ferguson, my stepdaughter was in Manhatten at a restaurant having a drink at the bar. There was some commotion at the end of the bar and the bartenders were saying that Chad Pennington was down there.

So, she dials up my cell phone number and says to me, "Hold on Dad, I've got Chad Pennington here and he wants to say hello."

I'm thinking, WTF, is this some kind of joke? But no, she had gone down to the end of the bar and told Chad I was a season ticketholder and would love to talk to him, so I'm like, "Hello?" And Chad is on the other end saying "Hi, how are you? I understand you've got season tickets?"

So I told him what section I was in and then I switched the subject to Mangold and Ferguson and we had a great chat about protection and what he thought it would do for us, etc... just like talking to one of you guys right here.

So, my wife is sitting there at the kitchen table and she says, "Who is that" So I say to her, "Chad Pennington's on the phone... you want to talk to him?" and she's like "Oh my God... Oh my God...."

She takes the phone and the entire conversation went like this... "OH MY GOD... I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M TALKING TO CHAD PENNINGTON.... OH MY GOD... I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS."

She gets off the phone and she's still going, "Oh My God." and I'm laughing like hell because she never really had any conversation with him to speak of, it was all just "Oh My God."

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I might just wear my #10 jersey every Sunday this season. Chad is a shining example of a human being. Sadly, due to injuries, his limitations caught up with him. Whatever team he goes to will become my second favorite team.

5. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

I plan on doing the same. Im a Pennington fan for life!

6. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

That doesnt surprise me, He has been nothing but the classiest person in the league. Wherever he goes, i hope he tears it up

7. hendersg

hendersg New Member

Good Riddance....Nice Guy yes, but he had 8 years to get the job done and he failed. Sure its cold, but thats NY. We want to win, and if you dont, there's no room for fuzzy nice guy stories.

8. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

Die hard Jets fan since 85 and after all the years of watching football I never ever saw the level of confidence from a player thrown into a starting role as CP in 2002. If you all can remember Chad running into the huddle when Vinny went down in 2002, he would be on one knee in the center of the huddle barking out commands and every player, Mawae, Martin, Moss, Coles, Chrebet could see that Chad was a born leader and you knew he would deliver, and he did. Chad always had total command, is perhaps the smartest QB to ever play the position and someday will make a hell of a coach.

I will miss you so much Chad, you resembled the underdog face of this franchise for most of your career, bled Jet green and you will always have a special place in my heart as a Jet fan.

I hope and pray you land and start in Minn and win the SB with that team. You deserve the best and I will miss watching and listening to you in a Jets uniform.

"In Chad We Trust"

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Sure there is. The Jets took care of business, as well they should, and did what they had to do to put us in a better position to win.

But that doesn't mean Chad shouldn't be shown due respect. He did everything that was asked of him here and played through horrendous injuries for us. It's not his fault those injuries contributed to this day and he certainly deserves more than "good riddance."

What you're expressing is not "that's NY," it's "that's an asshole."

10. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

yea lets trade for an arrogant piece of shit who always thinks about himself who is 39 years old, and lets release or trade a leader, classy, team player, who does nothing but work hard, and shows so much dedication.

i bleed green and white, but i am not looking forward to this season with chad soon to be gone and favre under center...having favre is almost as gay as having tom brady as qb...

i hope the training staff has a wheelchair ready for when osteoperosis kicks in..

goodbye chad, thanks for being a classy player thru all the bullshit you got

11. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Just a class act and a great guy. It sucks balls that he couldn't win one for us here and that injuries have limited his repertoire. I truly wish him the best and thank him for being a true Jet, through-and-through.

12. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I wish Chad the best wherever he goes, will always remember the Colts game as your greatest Jet moment.

Hold your head high, you will find success somewhere, please don't go to the Dolphins.

13. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

The SIRIUS Blitz is reporting that Chad Pennington has left the team hotel in Cleveland. They are saying he could end up in KC or Minnesota. Best of Luck Chad!

14. z28lt1

z28lt1 New Member

Thanks for everything Chad.

Chad can manage a game, he can win for some teams built around defense and running, just like Dilfer could win in Baltimore. Unfortunately, in 2008, he can't win for the Jets. We'll see if Favre can.

Thanks again Chad, good luck, I'm ready to go forward.

15. steviep

steviep Active Member

Makes sense. He is better than the guy in Minn IMO and Herm loves him -- fits the way herm likes to play -- no pass over 3 yards in the air.

I thought that Washington and SF would also make sense.

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Super classy guy. The kind I would want my daughter to date...but not the guy I wanted leading the 2008 New York Jets.

I wish him the best wherever he ends up, and will always be rooting for him. Wouldn't it be a gas if we developed a shut down D and ended up needing his services down the road? j/s

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ftr I certainly did not think I ever said all Chad Fans cared about him more than the team. I do think some did, maybe still will. After all I have encountered people who have even followed him here from Marshall.

Anyway it's only noon and, while I am still thrilled Chad is leaving, I find myself ready to move on from the Chad Fan argument. If in fact any Chad Fans find their Jet fandom less important to them, so be it. I think the only residual issue at this point is whether Chad Fans will argue against the Favre move not on the merits but on their emotions.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If Chad ends up in KC I will laugh my ass off.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Favorite Jets for Me All Time:
    1. Wayne Chrebet
    2. Chad Pennington

20. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Tough to find the choice words. Chad is just a gutsy, hard-working individual, smart, and classy guy. Any team can brim with confidence by stamping him on the front end of their franchise. While he may fall under some scrutiny, he would never put a negative blemish on an organization.

I wish him well and thank him for some good memories. His leaving does not take away some of the not so good memories, but at least I understand them. I hope he does well where ever he goes. He deserves it.