Just a brief tip of the hat to chad......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. mst3000

mst3000 Member

Best of luck Chad. I'll root for you wherever you end up. You've shown us nothing but heart and class, and will be missed sorely. Best of luck in your future endeavors, I hope things work out. I will also proudly wear my Chad throwback wherever I go. If the Jets don't win a superbowl any time soon, I pray you eventually get yours...Thanks for the memories...

2. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Chad beat Farve when it counted in 2002. Thanks, Chad.

3. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

I hope he gets traded to a team where he can have success.[/QUOTE]
    "I will continue to wear my Chad jersey and wear it proudly. Always my favorite Jet."

No doubt. He deserved better treatment than this. Always a team first guy. I will always wear my pennington jersey. He's my favorite jet too

4. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Chad was great. He never complained, fought through injuries, and just went out there and played his butt off. Remember when he was being called the next Joe Montana? Anyway, the 41-0 Colts thrashing, the long TD to Moss in the SD playoff game, the first down fist pump against the Texans, all things I'll never forget. So thanks, Chad, and best of luck.

5. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Beautiful post.

One of the reasons I'm a big football fan is because of the 2002 season. I was a weak fan before then and tuned in now and then.

That season was one of the best sporting experiences of my life. The Chargers game and the TD pass to Moss was a phenomenal play.

I'm a Chad fan for life and the #10 will be with me for as long as I live.

I'm disgusted by people saying he didn't give them any good memories- it was only a matter of time for the Noodle Arm comments.

Chad will do a very good job for some team in the NFC. One positive is I won't have to see Clemens as the starting QB for this team in the near future. Favre better work out- if he plays like he did in 05 or 06, this will be a colossal mistake.

#45 Gubernaculum, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Chad gets largely horrible respect from fans despite the guy playing his heart out. I realize he's not among the league's elite QB's, but he's a first class player and teammate and he's left it all on the field. He's clearly on the trade block now, but I hope he lands with a half decent team and has all the success he deserves (barring beating us, of course. :) )

7. Phyr

Phyr Member

Chad destroyed his arm for us in 2004-5 for a chance at the Superbowl. Thank you for that.

8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Said it in the other thread, and I'll say it again. Chad will definitely be missed. Good Luck to him no matter where he goes, was always a classy guy, and a great role model. Hopefully we'll see him come back as a coach some day.

9. JetFanInTampa

JetFanInTampa Banned

I'll never understand the hatred some people have for Chad. Yeah he doesnt have a good arm and the injuries were frustrating, but he showed so much heart and class and he did lead us to the playoffs three times. I'm thrilled we got Favre, but I will always be a Chad fan.

10. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Couldnt agree more, thanks for the memories Chad.

I was harsh on him the last few years, but I wont forget what he did here. Thanks again for the memories!

11. mkronenberg

mkronenberg New Member

I'm going to miss Chad. The hand injury in 2003 really killed the momentum he and the team had in 2002. The guy played with a ton of heart and always put the team first.

I'm a Favre fan now. Let's hope this trade works out for us.

12. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I hope the Viks pick Chad up and he has a good year...

13. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agree. I'll never understand the hatred that many here have for Chad. Did the Jets have any SB worthy teams that Chad held them back on? Not as far as I'm concerned. It's as if he stole money from these fans or committedsome other eggregious act. All he did have a sub-par arm.

14. JAMESDEARTH

JAMESDEARTH Member

Chad- Thanks For The Memories (Please Read)

Hey everyone,

Before we start celebrating the arrival of Brett Favre, and never talk about Chad Pennington again, let's not forget about the guy who did all of this:

1.) Turned around a pathetic 2-5 team in 2002, helping them to finish at 9-7 and win the AFC East.

2.) Beat the living crap out of the Colts 41-0 in the 2002 AFC Wild Card Game.

3.) Is the most accurate passer in NFL history.

4.) Helped the team finish 10-6 in 2004 despite criticism all year from his own "fans", and went into San Diego and shocked the Chargers in the 2004 Wild Card Game.

5.) Nearly brought us to the 2004 AFC Championship game.

6.) Beat the Pats in Gillete Stadium in 2006.

Chad was a great player for us. He played his heart out despite his physical limitations. He was probably the most loyal Jet to ever put on the green and white in a very long time.

Thanks for the memories Chad- best of luck in the future.

15. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

There's another thread, but I absolutely agree with the sentiment.

16. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

I say we make the next front page article of the site...just a "Thank You Chad" article backgrounded by a looped "I will always love you" w/ Whitney Houston on vocals and a cheesy montage of Chad's greatest plays
    and then at the bottom we can all sign the page like it was a goodbye card for Chad
    mine would read:
    Dear Chad,
    You were the first QB i ever loved and maybe the last...You will always be #1 in my heart...sniff sniff
    -love thegoldengod XOXO

#56 thegoldengod, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Mine would read .........

Dear Chad,

I would feel bad for you but the 20 million dollars in your bank account for being a mediocre QB but a nice guy will mitigate your deep emotional pain......later and do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Best Regards,

Miamipuck

18. al greenspam

al greenspam New Member

My favorite Chad moment came at the end of his fantastic 2002 regular season, when he led Gang Green to the AFC East title by crushing, ironically enough, the Packers (after getting help from, ironically enough, the Pats). The thing I'll never forget, especially after just googling it, was a Packers coach saying afterwards, "He's a phenom. I'm shocked by him, literally shocked. His decision-making is awesome."
    At that point, I thought the Jets had finally caught a break and had scored a QB who could help them win for a long time. Oh well, I'll take Favre helping the Jets win for two seasons.

19. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'll be rolling with my Chad jersey tomorrow in his honor.

20. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

This is bittersweet. Chad has been my favorite since he joined us.