JuJu

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Jan 11, 2021.

?

Sign or not?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

We may have a good chance at him. It seems Pittsburgh wants him out. Not because he doesn’t perform, because they’re in cap he’ll and already hit on Claypool and Johnson. Personally, if and only if we are keeping Sam, we should go after him. Otherwise, it’s 50/50. While I don’t think he means harm with his dancing, he just does it for his brand on TikTok. Didn’t realize Pitt put him in the slot again and was split wide two years ago when he went over 1000 yards.

I don’t think we have a chance on Robinson but Juju is a clear target for me imo. The options could be limitless if we get him to be WR1.

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

He's a talented guy but it would be nice if we could hit on a Claypool-type receiver in the draft (like Pitt routinely do) rather than signing someone who has a high chance to turn into Santonio v2.

3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

We had our chance with Claypool. Blame JD. Mims is a WR 4 right now imo. Big year for him next year.

fansince90 and Ralebird like this.
  4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Let’s see him play for a coach that actually belongs in the league and not some charlatan that we had coaching here the past 2 years.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Sort of applies to Sam that as well tbh

ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

There’s an argument to be had there, but for QBs I think they can be more easily ruined than other positions. Not to mention Mims was a rookie and Sam has received poor coaching for the past 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetstopgun and K'OB like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He is way, way, way down on the list of WRs I would want us to go after.

A Rob
    Godwin
    Golladay

Davis

JuJu

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

JuJu would love to play in NY and with Sam Darnold (if he stays). I would think our chances are good, even on a discount

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

10. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Juju didn’t even one single game this year over 100 yards. His best year came playing next to Antonio Brown. After AB left, he’s been mediocre ever since.

phubbadaman likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

true but Roethlisberger is shot and thats who he had to throw to him

also, 13 catches and 157 yards last night...

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I was a pretty big proponent of making a trade for JuJu and targeting him this summer if we couldn’t land him. I’ve done almost a total 180. Guy is a complete loser and he’s been exposed big time since Brown left. No thanks.

REVISion likes this.
  13. K'OB

I've always liked him and after a little wobble earlier this season I think on reflection he would be great here, with Sam or with a new QB.

What would Watson do with him?

14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This, big time. I'm not totally opposed to going after Juju but he would be the 4th or 5th option for me at this point. He may rise up if some of those top-tier guys don't hit FA though.

15. K'OB

All true, I feel sorry for Sam, I probably think it is best for him to move on but you do wonder if one more chance is required with a decent coach but he has got to be willing to change the things that are wrong on his side of the game, if he doesn't then his career here and in the NFL will be toast.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Roethlisberger still produced this year at 3803 yards, 33 touchdowns to 10 picks. He is relatively shot though.

JuJu had a million catches and yards in what was essentially garbage time against the Browns 3rd and 4th corners. They were conceding yards the entire second half to try to burn the clock in a cover 2 shell.

Say what you want about him and his TikTok stuff being harmless but his dances on opposing logos before games and such has been a big distraction during their losing streak. You see how fired up those Bengals d-backs were in prime time a couple weeks ago?

The only time he was a big time producer was when he played opposite a HOF receiver.

17. BrowningNagle

JuJu is a weird guy, I ain't gonna deny that. I just see a talented, proven wideout at only 24 years of age available in free agency. He has experience with our QB and fills the biggest need on the team.

I like that he had a down year as it will hopefully make him cheaper.

He can dance on logos all he wants if he brings his 10 touchdown season here with him, nearly double anything we've had

18. Jonathan_Vilma

It's not about being weird, it's about putting a personal agenda above the team. Dancing on opposing teams logos hurts the team. Being obsessed with making dancing videos in the locker room hurts the team as it's a big distraction. Not to mention his words this week about the Browns being the same ol Browns.

No need to give any team bulletin board material. He's never brought ten touchdowns to an NFL team anyways. There are much better options out there and for a culture that's yet to be built here and not much established veteran leadership, he's the wrong player for the Jets.

ouchy likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

I like what he said about the Browns. That's how winners think. Its not his fault Roethlisberger and the center spotted Cleveland 28 points

20. BrowningNagle

speaking of Pittsburgh's train wreck. Dont you think it was a little weird that when Pouncey snapped that ball over Roethlisberger's head there were like 7 Cleveland players around the ball and I didn't see too many Steelers guys trying very hard to run back and get it....

I think there was a lot of internal fighting on that team. I know this is a separate topic from JuJu's free agency, but it is hard to put up big numbers when your QB should be retired and the team is bickering