JP Losman doubters... Read up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MeanGreenfightingmachine, Sep 20, 2006.

1. jjr62

jjr62 New Member

Thats because they played you and only had to defend against a handfull of bad passes . that makes there pass d look better. We played one of the best QBs in the nfl and he actually throws the ball. those D stats mean nothing two games into the season. Enjoy your bills and we will enjoy our Jets,but lets not be stupid with some of this . It is only two games into the season alot of the good teams rite now will stink and the bad ones will be good at the end it happens every year. OH yea one more thing:buffaloblows:

2. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

The Bills played against Brady too.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey guy, 'holding onto the ball too long' is another way of saying he's hesitant. And it was more than a few times, maybe you just don't know how to analyze the play of a quarterback. His reads being 'slowed down' as I read somewhere is another way of saying that they're DUMBING DOWN the playcalling for a QB that isn't ready to play at full-speed yet, as evidenced by the fact that he was one of the worst young QBs in the league last season.

This thread was started by you, and it wasn't started as a comparison between the Jets and Bills, it was started as a thread stating that JP Losman is a changed man. Maybe you need to comprehend your own posts a little better before you click Submit.

I think the Bills could win this one, but it's less of a guarantee than the past 5 years since the Jets are no longer coached by a man who is incapable of adjusting his gameplan.

Quoting week 2 stats rankings is completely absurd, but since you're doing that, how to the Jets QB and receivers stack up against the Pats and Phins? :)

4. Phyr

Phyr Member

The title of this thread should be "EVeryone...read up".

5. jjr62

jjr62 New Member

We were talking about miamis pass d not buffalos miami played buff and pitt .

6. jjr62

jjr62 New Member

WE were talking about miamis pass d not buffalo

7. lightning

lightning Active Member

:rofl: :lol: :rofl2:

8. jjr62

jjr62 New Member

Id rather have a noodle arm than a noodle ah forget it

9. MeanGreenfightingmachine

A class in reading comprehension would do you some good. Holding onto the ball doesn't always equate to being hesitant, for starters, if there is no one open then you do not want to throw the ball. Second, every QB holds onto the ball too long at least a couple times a game, whether he gets sacked or not is a different story.

On to your "slowed down" theory... my how wrong you are.

Let me explain this to you:

Last season the Offensive Line was so bad that JP was hurrying his drop in order to get into the backfield quicker, the problem with this is that QB's are told to keep their feet moving at all times, and by speeding up his drop he was getting into the pocket before the receivers routes were developed, while waiting he kept moving his feet (this is why he had "happy feet"), then by the time he would throw the ball his feet wouldn't be set right and thus the reason for his inaccuracy. This season they slowed him down, they slowed down his drop and told him to go check his receivers during the drop. This is allowing his receivers to finisht their routes at the same time that he finishes his drop and sets his feet, thus, the game slows down. Any questions?

10. jjr62

jjr62 New Member

while waiting he kept moving his feet (this is why he had "happy feet"),

All young QBs have happy feet they are crapping themselves out there the first year.You dont have to overanalyze it. I saw chad the first game they put him in I was there and we were getting killed by the Rams I think, so they stick chad out there to finish he had happy feet so bad we were crying we were laughing so much I never thought he would calm down,to do as well as he has done so you dont have to make some excuse like the coaches do for him he is just getting more comfy.

11. auggystyle

auggystyle New Member

how can you guys think chad pennington is so good? I mean come on he passed for 300 yards against the titans, wow thats huge feat, and had 2 lucky passes against the patriots for 130 yards, although that catch and run by coles was sweet.

think about this realisticly, tom brady at home passed for less yards than jp losman, with 160. we held tom brady to 160 yards, on the road, not to mention what we did to culpepper on the road, and you guys think chad is gonna come into our house and pass all over us? lets be real here. the best qb in the nfl couldnt pass on us, plus we picked him off, and sacked him 3 times, and forced a fumble from him that led to 6pts, in there house on the road.

then we went to miami on the road, sacked culpepper 7 times, picked him off, and made him fumble. You cant think that the outcome of this game could be much better for pennington, especially with an inexpirienced front line.

You guys have jp all wrong, and i know your team isnt taking him this lightly. He can strike at anytime. he passed for over 160 in NE and did exactly what we need him to do to take the lead, then we ran the ball to wear the d out and the clock, if a few things wound up different that game was ours. brady had more passing yards in the first quarter against you than he had all game against us, and you think your secondary is better? Jp didnt have to pass against the fins because they couldnt stop the run, plain and simple. As jets fans you should be careful what you wish for, making jp beat you deep might not be the outcome you want. Especially at home where his numbers are the best, if he gets into a rythm it could be a real bad day for you.

Also i dont know where you guys think your gonna put up 20+ points against us? We average 12pts a game on defense, facing far supperior offenses than the jets, what gives with that? Pennington will be in for a long day, and with no run game, he will be a sitting duck. Just remember where his shoulder problems began....in the ralph. good luck sunday....

Bills: 20
    Jets: 13

12. jjr62

jjr62 New Member

culpeeper is shot rite now so how is there offence superior to ours? and I didnt realize you played against peyton manning considering he is probably the best QB in the league day in day out except for the playoffs witch he will overcome Elway did and IMO he was one of the best. good luck also but dont confuse your young QB with Kelly.
    jets17
    buffalo 13

13. auggystyle

auggystyle New Member

LOSMAN CALLS ON BILLS FANS: J.P. Losman and his Bills teammates are pumped about playing in the home opener after two straight weeks on the road. Losman is also hoping that the fans are just as amped about the game and will show it with their lungs.

"Hopefully our fans will come up big for us when our defense is on the ball and help make it really loud and change up the pace for those guys,” said Losman Wednesday. “We want it as loud as we can get it. We want the craziest screaming football fans in the world. That’s what we’re in Buffalo for right? That what they told us it was going to be like here so we’re ready to see it this weekend.”

Bills fans you have been summoned by your quarterback. Let's see what you've got Sunday.

MCGAHEE LEAP?: Keep an eye out for Willis if he scores a TD this week and you're sitting in the first two rows in the end zone Sunday. I asked him if he had any leaps into the stands planned and this was his response.

“My one plan is to get in the end zone because I haven’t been in the end zone for so long," said McGahee. "That other plan will come after.”

14. GreenMachine

Back to back 300 yd games for Chad...but let's not let the facts get in the way

15. auggystyle

auggystyle New Member

well culpepper is far more proven than chad pennington, ronnie brown is better than ? who knows blaylock,hahaah, and chris chambers and booker are a better recieving tandem. oh dont forget about mcmicheals too.

Tom brady 3 time superbowl qb - peyton manning, a bunch of stats no one cares about. nuff said..

16. GreenMachine

What has Cpep proven..He can turn the ball over? He can not win a PO game?

Coles and J-Co are a better tandem than Chambers(1 good year) and Booker.

17. auggystyle

auggystyle New Member

he is a pro bowl quarter back, and has had consecutive 4000 yards passing seasons. and led one of the greatest offenses in nfl history...pennington has done what?

your opinion on coles and cotch are noted...

18. jjr62

jjr62 New Member

dosent losman remind you of ryan leaf good arm but he sucks?

19. GreenMachine

So Pro Bowls are now a measure on what players are better than others?

20. jjr62

jjr62 New Member

Culpepper has done nothing since he lost Moss that is not a coincidence,our recievers are better than theres,and who says you have to win a super bowl to be the best at your position I think ladanian tomlinson would make me think not.